Wild Ones (song)
|Single by Flo Rida featuring Sia|
|from the album Wild Ones|
|Released||December 19, 2011|
|Flo Rida singles chronology|
"Wild Ones" is a song by American rapper Flo Rida from his fourth studio album of the same name. The song features vocals by Australian recording artist Sia. It was produced by soFLY & Nius and Axwell, whilst the lyrical content was written by Rida, soFLY & Nius, Sia, Axwell, Jacob Luttrell, Marcus Cooper and Niklaas Vogel-Kern. The engineering and recording of the record was handled by Skylar Mones. Lyrically, the song contracts themes including partying, love and dancing while the musical composition is an uptempo dance-pop song that is influenced by house music and electro house.
It was released as the album's second single and title track on December 19, 2011 in the United States. The single peaked at number one in New Zealand, Australia, Canada and Norway, whilst it peaked inside the top forty in every country chart it charted on. It charted at number five on the US Billboard Hot 100.
The music video was released, featuring Flo Rida having fun with his friends. Furler, however was not featured in the final video. This song along with "Good Feeling" was selected to serve as one of the official theme songs to WrestleMania XXVIII and it was also featured in The Rock's Road to Wrestlemania vignettes where he prepares for his match with John Cena at the event. Flo Rida performed the songs "Good Feeling" and "Wild Ones" live at the event to precede Rock's entrance for the match. With 6.5 million copies sold globally as of December 2012, it is one of the best-selling singles in history.
The "Titanium" project got Sia into Guetta's powerful inner circle, including Atlantic Records director of A&R Ben Maddahi, who then introduced Sia to Flo Rida and his team, yielding "Wild Ones". The song serves as the second official single from Flo Rida's Wild Ones.
The song features vocals by Australian recording artist Sia Furler. It was produced by soFLY & Nius and Axwell, whilst the lyrical content was written by Rida, soFLY & Nius, Sia Furler, Axwell, Jacob Luttrell, Marcus Cooper and Benjamin Maddahi.
Sia wrote the song in 15 minutes. She later said: "They asked me to record ["Wild Ones"] over and over for almost six months. Eventually I said, 'OK, but don't put my name on it.' I was angry because we had already had this discussion. Jonathan said to me, 'I don't think I really believed you that you didn't want to be credited or get the recognition you deserve.'" The song's chorus was written by Furler and was intended to feature Katy Perry however she never received the song.
"Wild Ones" is an uptempo dance-pop song that includes influences of house music and electro house. According to Bill Lamb from About.com, "There is clearly a well worn formula to Flo Rida's blend of hip hop, dance, and pop. [...] he has not worn out his welcome. It is the moments when "Wild Ones" breaks down into that simple combination of synth keyboards and Sia's voice that the song commands our attention." David Jeffries from Allmusic compared the song to Katy Perry's Firework", which was released one year previous, saying "The title cut [Wild Ones] with [Sia] is close to Katy Perry's "Fireworks" but crafted to support a sports highlight reel instead of teenage dreams [...]"
In the lyrics, Sia starts off singing "Hey I heard you were a wild one, ooh / If I took you home it'd be a home run / Show me how you do / I want to shut down the club with you / Hey I heard you like the wild ones, ooh." After her introduction, Flo Rida raps "I like crazy, foolish, stupid / Party going wild, fist pumping music / I might lose it / Blast to the roof, that's how we do'z it / I don't care the night, she don't care we like / Almost there, the right vibe / Ready to get live / Ain't no surprise, take me so high."
Billboard described Sia's voice as a "bell-clear, campfire-warm voice [that] has mostly been applied to her own elegantly quirky creations". DJBooth.com compared the song to "Good Feeling", stating that it is a "slightly more subdued, but equally dancefloor/radio-ready follow-up". Tim Byron from The Vine stated, "When [Sia] sings the chorus, phrases like 'I heard' and 'if I took you home' speak of uncertainty. She likes the idea of wildness, but isn't certain how it will go. Flo Rida's role in the song is to convince her that she actually does want to be a wild one, to convince her that it is okay to let go, to obliterate herself."
The song made its debut at number twelve on the New Zealand Singles Chart. In its second week, it entered the top ten on ten, and in its third week it peaked atop of the charts. It became Flo Rida's second number-one single in that country and Furler's first number-one. The song was certified Gold in its first month and eventually received double platinum in May 2012, staying in the charts for twenty-two weeks. In Furler's native Australia, it debuted at twenty-nine. In its third week, it rose to number two and eventually peaked at one for six consecutive weeks, pushing Foster The People's single "Pumped Up Kicks" of the top spot. It became Furler's first number-one and only, while it was Flo Rida's third number-one. The song received septuple platinum in Australia, selling over 500,000 copies there and had over five songs that received certifications in one year.
In France, the song debuted at seventy-six. Despite a slow start, it eventually peaked at number eleven on the chart, being one position of to enter the top ten. The song debuted at twenty-nine on the Swedish Singles Chart, during the New Year's Day week. The song eventually peaked at number three on the chart and was certified quintuple platinum by the IFPI, selling over 200,000 copies and is the eighty-third best-selling single in that country. In Norway, the song entered at fifteen on their native singles chart and eventually peaked at number in its fifth week and in total spent twenty-one weeks on the chart.
"Wild Ones" made its official debut at number fifty-seven on the US Billboard Hot 100. The single eventually peaked at number five on the chart, and went to spent thirty-six weeks on the chart, making it Flo Rida's third-longest charting single, just behind "Low" and "Good Feeling". The song also achieved success on its component charts, peaking at two on the Mainstream Top 40, eight on the Rap Songs and thirty on the Hot Dance Club Songs. It was certified triple platinum by Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), with over 3,000,000 sales sold there. In the United Kingdom, the song peaked at number four on their singles chart after debuting at number four. It sold 695,000 copies in the UK in 2012, making it the 10th best-selling single of 2012.
In New Zealand, the song was the sixth best-selling single of 2012, while his then-next single "Whistle" was the fifth best selling single that same year. In Canada, the song was the eighth best-selling single of 2012, while in the United Kingdom, it was the tenth best selling single. In the United States, the song was the eleventh top-selling single according to Billboard.
With the sales of his other singles and "Wild Ones"; "Low" (6,786,026), "Right Round" (5,475,096), "Good Feeling" (3,903,872), "Whistle" (3,791,107) and "Club Can't Handle Me (3,079,302), the sales all tally over 26 million sales worldwide, marking him the best selling rapper in the digital music era.
The video directed by Erik White was released on February 9, 2012 showing Flo Rida partying in Dubai and Miami. In Dubai, it shows the Infinity Tower, Burj Al Arab, and Palm Jumeirah. While the song features artist Sia Furler, she does not appear in the video. Sia's vocals were lipsynched by Analicia Chaves. The video also features Cuban model Dayami Padron on the boat scenes to the left of Flo Rida.
Live performances and other appearances
Flo Rida performed the song on the finale of second season of The Voice with contestant Juliet Simms singing the chorus. He also performed the song with Carly Rae Jepsen at the 2012 MuchMusic Video Awards, with Stayc Reigns at the 2012 Teen Choice Awards and the 2012 Premios Juventud and also performed the song live at WrestleMania XXVIII prior to The Rock entrance for his "Once In A Lifetime" match against John Cena. He performed a mash-up of this song along with two more of his famous music on July 21, 2014 on WWE RAW MIAMI. It also appeared in the trailer of Kung Fu Panda 3.
Wild One Two
|"Wild One Two"|
|Single by Jack Back featuring David Guetta, Nicky Romero and Sia|
|Released||February 14, 2012|
3:09 (radio edit)
A remix version entitled "Wild One Two" by Jack Back featuring David Guetta, Nicky Romero and Sia was released on February 14, 2012. An edited version of the song appears in the 2012 re-release of Guetta's album Nothing but the Beat 2.0.
- "Wild Ones" - 3:53
- "Good Feeling" (Carl Tricks Remix) - 5:38
- "Wild Ones" – 3:53
- "Wild One Two" - 5:47
- "Wild One Two" (Jaywalker Remix) - 6:18
Charts and certifications
|United States||January 9, 2012||Digital download|
|United Kingdom||January 21, 2012||Atlantic Records|
|Europe||February 13, 2012||CD single ("Wild One Two" remix)||Warner Records|
|Germany||February 17, 2012||CD single||Atlantic Records|
- "Flo Rida brings anthem to WrestleMania XXVIII :: WWE". WWE. 21 March 2012. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- "IFPI Digital Music Report 2013" (PDF). IFPI. Retrieved October 3, 2016.
- Gallo, Phil (October 25, 2013). "Sia: The Billboard Cover Story". Billboard. Retrieved September 3, 2014.
- "PAPERMAG: Sia Tells Us How She Went From "Retirement" to Making Songs With Flo Rida and David Guetta". Retrieved 4 March 2015.
- "Review: Flo Rida - Wild Ones featuring Sia". Top40.about.com. 2013-07-17. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- "Wild Ones - Flo Rida | Listen, Appearances, Song Review". AllMusic. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- "Flo Rida, 'Wild Ones' Feat. Sia – Song Review". Popcrush.com. 2011-12-16. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- Byron, Tim (2012-01-25). "Number Ones - Flo Rida ft. Sia 'Wild Ones'". The Vine. Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- Toomey, Alyssa (2013-02-08). "NEWS/Justin Bieber's Mom on Grammy Snub: "They Blew It," Flo Rida Also Weighs In". E! Entertainment Television, LLC. Retrieved 2013-03-10.
- Steffen Hung (2012-01-16). "New Zealand charts portal". charts.org.nz. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- Steffen Hung (2012-05-21). "New Zealand charts portal". charts.org.nz. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- Australian Singles Chart portal #1.
- Australian Certification Accreditation.
- French Singles Chart portal #1
- French Singles Chart portal #2
- Swedish Singles Chart portal #1.
- "www.sverigetopplistan.se - Veckolista Singlar - Vecka 45, 8 november 2013". Hitlistan.se. 2013-11-08. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- Norwegian Singles Chart portal #1.
- "Flo Rida". Retrieved 4 March 2015.
- Dan Lane (January 2, 2013). "The Official Top 40 Biggest Selling Singles Of 2012 revealed!". Official Charts Company. Retrieved January 5, 2013.
- Top Selling Singles of 2012 | New Zealand Singles Chart.
- Paul Grein (January 3, 2013). "Chart Watch Extra: Top Songs of 2012". Chart Watch. Yahoo Music. Retrieved January 5, 2013.
- Kaufman, Gil (2012-08-23). "Flo Rida Best-Selling Rapper Of The Digital Age? - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV.com. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- "Bangin Candy: Analicia Chaves From Flo Rida's "Wild Ones" Video [PHOTOS]". Hip-Hop Wired. Retrieved 4 March 2015.
- "Kung Fu Panda 3 Official Trailer #2". YouTube. Retrieved 3 November 2015.
- "Wild One Two [Big Beat Records] :: Beatport". Beatport. 14 February 2012. Retrieved 8 March 2012.
- "Wild Ones (2track): Amazon.de: Musik". Retrieved 4 March 2015.
- "iTunes - Music - Wild Ones (feat. Sia) - Single by Flo Rida". iTunes Store. Retrieved 2011-12-29.
- "Wild One Two (2track): Amazon.de: Musik". Retrieved 4 March 2015.
- "Australian-charts.com – Flo Rida feat. Sia – Wild Ones". ARIA Top 50 Singles.
- "Austriancharts.at – Flo Rida feat. Sia – Wild Ones" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40.
- "Ultratop.be – Flo Rida feat. Sia – Wild Ones" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50.
- "Ultratop.be – Flo Rida feat. Sia – Wild Ones" (in French). Ultratop 50.
- BPP, ed. (August 2012). "Billboard Brasil Hot 100 Airplay". Billboard Brasil (33): 84–89.
- "Flo Rida – Chart history" Canadian Hot 100 for Flo Rida.
- "ČNS IFPI" (in Czech). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiální. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 201215 into search.
- "Flo Rida feat. Sia – Wild Ones Hitlisten.nu" (in Danish). Tracklisten.
- "Flo Rida feat. Sia: Wild Ones" (in Finnish). Musiikkituottajat – IFPI Finland.
- "Lescharts.com – Flo Rida feat. Sia – Wild Ones" (in French). Les classement single.
- "Musicline.de – Flo Rida feat. Sia Single-Chartverfolgung" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "Top 50". Fuzion (in Spanish). El Tiempo. 2012-07-05. Archived from the original on 2012-07-19.
- "Archívum – Slágerlisták – MAHASZ" (in Hungarian). Dance Top 40 lista. Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége. Retrieved May 10, 2012.
- "Archívum – Slágerlisták – MAHASZ" (in Hungarian). Rádiós Top 40 játszási lista. Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége. Retrieved April 12, 2012.
- "Chart Track: Week 05, 2012". Irish Singles Chart. Retrieved January 20, 2012.
- "Media Forest: Airplay chart". mediaforest.biz. 2012-02-25.
- "Flo Rida – Chart history" Japan Hot 100 for Flo Rida. Retrieved 2015-05-16.
- "Luxembourg Digital Songs - March 31, 2012". Billboard. Retrieved 30 April 2013.
- "Top 20 Inglés". 2012-06-30. Archived from the original on 2012-06-22.
- "Mexico Airplay Issue Date: 2012-06-09". Billboard. July 21, 2012. Archived from the original on July 12, 2012.
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – Flo Rida feat. Sia search results" (in Dutch) Dutch Top 40.
- "Charts.org.nz – Flo Rida feat. Sia – Wild Ones". Top 40 Singles.
- "Norwegiancharts.com – Flo Rida feat. Sia – Wild Ones". VG-lista.
- "Listy bestsellerów, wyróżnienia :: Związek Producentów Audio-Video". Polish Airplay Top 100.
- "Portugal Digital Songs - Peak". Billboard. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- "Romanian Top 100" (in Romanian). kissfm.ro. 13 May 2012.
- "Archive Chart: 2012-02-04". Scottish Singles Top 40. Retrieved January 29, 2012.
- "SNS IFPI" (in Slovak). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiálna. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 201211 into search.
- "South Korea Gaon International Chart (Week: January 01, 2012 to January 07, 2012)". Gaon Chart. December 15, 2012. Retrieved December 21, 2012.
- "Spanishcharts.com – Flo Rida feat. Sia – Wild Ones" Canciones Top 50.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Flo Rida feat. Sia – Wild Ones". Singles Top 100.
- "Swisscharts.com – Flo Rida feat. Sia – Wild Ones". Swiss Singles Chart.
- "Archive Chart: 2012-02-11" UK R&B Chart.
- "Archive Chart: 2012-02-04" UK Singles Chart. Retrieved January 29, 2012.
- "Flo Rida – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Flo Rida.
- "Flo Rida – Chart history" Billboard Adult Pop Songs for Flo Rida.
- "Flo Rida – Chart history" Billboard Hot Dance Club Songs for Flo Rida.
- "Flo Rida – Chart history" Billboard Hot Latin Songs for Flo Rida.
- "Flo Rida – Chart history" Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs for Flo Rida.
- "Flo Rida – Chart history" Billboard Hot Rap Songs for Flo Rida.
- "Flo Rida – Chart history" Billboard Pop Songs for Flo Rida.
- "Flo Rida – Chart history" Billboard Rhythmic Songs for Flo Rida.
- "Pop Rock General" (in Spanish). Record Report. June 30, 2012. Archived from the original on June 28, 2012.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2013 Singles". Australian Recording Industry Association.
- "Austrian single certifications – Flo Rida feat. Sia – Wild Ones" (in German). IFPI Austria. Enter Flo Rida feat. Sia in the field Interpret. Enter Wild Ones in the field Titel. Select single in the field Format. Click Suchen
- "Canadian single certifications – Flo Rida feat. Sia – Wild Ones". Music Canada. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- "Danish single certifications – Flo Rida feat. Sia – Wild Ones". IFPI Denmark. Retrieved August 2, 2013. Click on næste to go to page 18 if certification from official website
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Flo Rida ft. Sia; 'Wild Ones')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie.
- "Italian single certifications – Flo Rida feat. Sia – Wild Ones" (in Italian). Federazione Industria Musicale Italiana. Select Online in the field Sezione. Enter Flo Rida feat. Sia in the field Filtra. The certification will load automatically
- "..:Certificaciones Mensuales 2015:..". Asociación Mexicana de Productores de Fonogramas y Videogramas. Facebook. 13 March 2015. Retrieved 13 March 2015.
- "New Zealand single certifications – Flo Rida feat. Sia – Wild Ones". Recorded Music NZ. Retrieved 30 March 2012.
- "Flo Rida feat. Sia - Wild Ones" (in Swedish). Grammofon Leverantörernas Förening. Retrieved December 24, 2014.
- "The Official Swiss Charts and Music Community: Awards (Flo Rida feat. Sia; 'Wild Ones')". IFPI Switzerland. Hung Medien.
- "British single certifications – Flo Rida feat. Sia – Wild Ones". British Phonographic Industry. Enter Wild Ones in the field Keywords. Select Title in the field Search by. Select single in the field By Format. Select Platinum in the field By Award. Click Search
- Myers, Justin (5 July 2014). "Six things you need to know about Sia". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- "American single certifications – Flo Rida feat. Sia – Wild Ones". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH
- "The Nielsen Company & Billboard's 2012 Music Industry Report". Nielsen Company. Business Wire. 2013-01-04. Retrieved 2013-02-14.
- "Certificeringer - Flo Rida feat. Sia - Wild Ones" (in Danish). IFPI Denmark. Retrieved October 9, 2014.
- "ARIA Charts - End Of Year Charts - Top 100 Singles 2012". ARIA. Retrieved 2014-05-22.
- "Best of 2012 - CanadianHot 100 Songs". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2012-12-14.
- "Top 100 Singles Jahrescharts 2012" (in German). VIVA. Viacom International Media Networks. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- "MAHASZ Rádiós TOP 100 2012" (in Hungarian). Mahasz. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- "TOP digital utworów - 2012" (in Polish). ZPAV. Retrieved 2013-03-23.
- "Best of 2012 - Hot 100 Songs". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2012-12-14.
- "Best of 2012 - Pop Songs". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2012-12-14.
- "The Best of 2012: The Year in Music".
- Jack Back feat. David Guetta, Nicky Romero and Sia - Wild One Two - austriancharts.at