Western Economic Diversification Canada
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD) is a Canadian federal department that works towards building strong, competitive and innovative businesses and communities in Western Canada. Their main priorities focus on community economic development; trade and investment; innovation; and business development.
Under the Trudeau Government, WD, along with Canada's other regional development agencies, was brought under the Innovation, Science and Economic Development portfolio, where it currently reports to Minister Navdeep Bains. The Official Opposition Critic for Western Economic Diversification Canada is Matt Jeneroux. Formerly, WD was led by the Minister of Western Economic Diversification. WD's headquarters is located in Edmonton, with regional offices located in British Columbia, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba; the department also maintains a liaison office in Ottawa and a regional satellite office in Calgary.
- Government of Canada
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency
- Federal Economic Development Initiative for Northern Ontario
- Economic Development Agency of Canada for the Regions of Quebec
- Prime Minister's Office (2015-11-12). "Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development Mandate Letter". Prime Minister of Canada. Retrieved 2016-06-20.
- Western Economic Diversification Canada Official Website
- Western Economic Diversification Canada Act text