Vivid TV Canada (English)
|Vivid TV Canada|
Vivid TV Canada logo
|Launched||March 13, 2013|
|Owned by||Image Diffusion International|
|Formerly called||Vanessa (2013-2014)|
|Sister channel(s)||Vivid TV Canada (French)|
|Website||Vivid TV Canada|
|Bell TV||Channel 779 (SD)|
|Rogers Cable||Channel 758 (HD)|
|Vidéotron||Channel 223 (SD)|
|Bell Fibe TV||Channel 779 (HD)|
|MTS||Channel 1955 (HD)|
|VMedia||Channel 369 (HD)|
Vivid TV is a Canadian English language Category B pay TV adult entertainment television channel consisting of primarily softcore adult content in the form of films, documentaries, reality shows, and variety shows, among others, between 6:00am to 11:00pm EST, while hardcore content, primarily from Vivid Entertainment, fills the remainder of the schedule. The channel is owned by Sex-Shop Television Inc., a division of IDI.
In March 2009, Sex-Shop Television Inc. was granted approval by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) to launch Vanessa, described as "a national English-language Category 2 pay television programming service devoted to the themes of charm, sensuality, eroticism and sexuality."
A French-language version of Vanessa initially launched on October 28, 2010, with an English version expected to launch the following year; however it did not launched as planned. When in October 2012, Sex-Shop Television was given approval from the CRTC to convert the French Vanessa into a bilingual service due to Sex-Shop Television citing difficulties launching a fully dedicated English channel, it appeared as though plans to launch an English service were scrapped. However, on March 11, 2013 Sex-Shop Television announced that an English language channel was launching on March 13, 2013. The channel was revealed to have launched on Vidéotron.
A high definition (HD) feed is expected to launch in September 2014 on MTS TV.
In September 2014, Sex-Shop Television reached a licensing deal with the American adult entertainment company Vivid Entertainment, which saw versions of Vanessa re-brand as VividTV on October 28, 2014, and allow the network access to its library. Half of the network's programming will come from Vivid, while the remainder will come from Vanessa's existing productions.
- ↑ Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2009-123 CRTC 2009-03-06
- 1 2 Canada's first and only French language adult entertainment specialty television channel - VANESSA - Will be available in your home Thursday, October 28, 2010; CNW; 2010-04-27
- ↑ Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-546 CRTC 2012-10-09
- ↑ Vanessa TV's Twin Sister Takes on English Market Vanessa TV press release via Market Wire 2013-03-11
- ↑ "Chaîne d'Anne-Marie Losique: VanessaTV devient VividTV". Huffington Post (in French). Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- ↑ "VividTV Gets Canadian Presence". Multichannel News. Retrieved 1 October 2014.