Guadagnino in 2011
November 11, 1987
Staten Island, New York, U.S.
|Known for||Jersey Shore|
Guadagnino was born and raised in Staten Island, New York, and comes from a traditional Italian-American family. His mother was born in Sicily, Italy, and his family's farm is visited during an episode in Jersey Shore's fourth season.
Guadagnino is a graduate of Susan E. Wagner High School. He subsequently attended SUNY New Paltz and graduated from the College of Staten Island with a 3.9 GPA and was a political aide for a New York State Assemblyman.
After the success of Jersey Shore, Guadagnino has dedicated his extra time to taking acting classes. A self-described "natural entertainer", Guadagnino’s interest in acting is focused on comedy. He guest-starred on MTV’s scripted comedy series The Hard Times of RJ Berger as RJ’s cousin. On the November 8, 2011, episode of 90210, he played a small role that he reprised in another 90210 episode, "O Holly Night". Guadagnino has expressed interest in continuing to appear on 90210 in a recurring role. He also appeared in the Syfy original movie Jersey Shore Shark Attack.
MTV has also produced Guadagnino's own talk show, The Show with Vinny, which debuted in May 2013. The show features celebrities coming over to Guadagnino's home to talk and have dinner with the rest of his family.
In 2011, Guadagnino launched a clothing brand called IHAV (for "I Have a Vision") with the message Fuck Bullies. Proceeds are donated to the charity Do Something for grants for anti-bullying projects and programs. He also supports the animal rescue organization Much Love, for whom he recently participated in a charity auction. Guadagnino is also a supporter of gay rights. He has been a presenter at the GLAAD Awards and participated in the NOH8 Campaign.
In December 2011, a song posted on Guadagnino's YouTube account contained lyrics that drew criticism from advocacy groups. The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) publicly addressed the issue, saying, "The lyrics in Vinny Guadagnino's new rap song that glorify rape are ignorant. Trivializing this violent crime sends a dangerous message to the public." Guadagnino quickly pulled the video from his YouTube account and issued an apology. "I'd like to apologize for the rap. Was meant to be a funny take on an already 'dirty' song – funny since I'm known as the 'good boy,'" Guadagnino wrote. "I am 100 percent against violence of any kind. I work with many organizations to stop violence and bullying, and will continue to. It's something I strongly believe in. Very sorry to anyone I've offended."
In February 2014, Guadagnino denounced Nicki Minaj as a "bitch", recalling an incident where he tried to take a picture with Minaj. Hot 97 personality Cipha Sounds echoed similar thoughts, where he recounted Minaj rudely kicking him out of his own studio.
- Abrahamson, Rachel Paula; Grossbart, Sarah; O'Neill, Jennifer (2011-10-24). "VINNY GUADAGNINO: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me". Us Weekly (871): 16. ISSN 1529-7497.
- Bell, Crystal (October 21, 2011). "Vinny Guadagnino Talks Leaving 'Jersey Shore,' Acting Projects And His Future Plans". Huffington Post. Retrieved November 16, 2011.
- Piazza, Jo (October 18, 2011). "'Jersey Shore' Star Vinny Guadagnino's Shakespearean Secret". Huffington Post. Retrieved November 16, 2011.
- "Guy Code " Cast " Vinny Guadagnino". Retrieved November 16, 2011.
- "VINNY'S VISION: "F%@K BULLIES!", MTV Act Blog, January 4, 2011. Retrieved January 23, 2014.
- Vinny Guadagnino; Samantha Rose (2012). Control the Crazy: My Plan to Stop Stressing, Avoid Drama, and Maintain Inner Cool. Random House Digital, Inc. ISBN 978-0-307-98724-2.
- Lee, Stephen. "Vinny Guadagnino of 'Jersey Shore' to 'Control the Crazy' in upcoming book – EXCLUSIVE". Journalist. Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- "'Jersey Shore' Star Vinny Guadagnino Apologizes for Rape Rap". New York Post. Fox News. December 1, 2011. Retrieved January 8, 2012.
- Nelson Jr., Keith (4 February 2014). "Vinny From Jersey Shore Talks Lil Wayne, Calls Nicki Minaj a "Bitch" + More (VIDEO)". AllHipHop. Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- Speaking Profile Vinny Guadagnino's profile and lecture topics on the American Program Bureau website
- Vinny Guadagnino at IMDB