For the eponymous newspapers of Imperial Russia, see Sankt-Peterburgskie Vedomosti and Moskovskie Vedomosti.
Vedomosti (Russian: Ведомости, literally "The Record") is a Russian language business daily. The paper is published in Moscow. It was preiovusly a joint venture between Dow Jones, the Financial Times and the publishers of The Moscow Times. The Financial Times and The Wall Street Journal sold their stakes in 2015, ahead of a new Russian media ownership law which came into effect in 2016. Sanoma also sold its stake in the paper in 2015. The paper is now owned by Demyan Kudryavtsev, who was previously chief executive of Kommersant.
Their own website writes:
- "Business daily Vedomosti is a unique project. Financial Times and The Wall Street Journal, the world's leading business newspapers, joined their efforts to bring it to life. Together with the largest Russian publishing house Sanoma Independent Media, they have been publishing Vedomosti since 1999. ... Vedomosti sees its mission in providing readers with timely, detailed and objective coverage. More than 100 journalists in Moscow and regions of Russia, with the help of reporters of Financial Times and The Wall Street Journal's international networks, inform readers on a daily basis about the most important economic, political, financial and corporate events, offering an in-depth analysis and forecasts."
- ↑ Katja Koikkalainen (December 2007). "The Local and the International in Russian Business Journalism: Structures and Practices". Europe-Asia Studies. 59 (8). JSTOR 20451455.
- ↑ Robert G. Picard, ed. (2002). Media Firms: Structures, Operations, and Performance. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. p. 61. Retrieved 26 December 2014. – via Questia (subscription required)
- ↑ Whalen, Jeanne (8 September 1999). "Dow Jones, Pearson, Dutch PublisherJointly Launch Newspaper in Russia". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- ↑ Sweney, Mark (20 November 2015). "Pearson and Dow Jones sell stakes in Russian newspaper Vedomosti". The Guardian. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- ↑ "Our Mission". vedomosti.ru/eng. Archived from the original on 16 March 2014.
This article is issued from Wikipedia - version of the 11/14/2016. The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike but additional terms may apply for the media files.