|Owned by||Univision Communications|
|Headquarters||Doral, Florida, U.S.|
Univision Deportes Network
|Dish Network (U.S.)||TBA|
|Available on most cable provides||Check local listings for channels|
|Sirius XM Radio||TBA|
In May 2011, Univision Communications announced three new cable television channels to strengthen its position in the Latino market and diversify revenues, including one dedicated to news and information. Latinos were the United States' fastest growing population according to the 2010 census, which has prompted media companies to increase their presence in Spanish-language television. In addition, Univision hopes to benefit from increased demand for Spanish-language news programs. From 2000 to 2010, the Univision network's primetime news magazine Aquí y Ahora increased its viewership while its English-language counterparts on ABC, NBC and CBS lost half their viewers.
Among the channel's first hires were British-born Karl Penhaul, Chilean photojournalist Carlos Villalon, and Mexican-born María Antonieta Collins. Collins rejoined the Univision network as senior special correspondent having left in 2005. Penhaul left Univision in January 2012.
Univision Noticias secured a carriage deal with the Dish Network in January 2012. It will be offered on Dish's Latino programming package.
- Noticias Univision – Univision's broadcast news division
- Noticiero Univision – Univision's flagship news broadcast
- Fusion – an English-language news channel jointly operated by Univision and ABC News launched on October 28, 2013.
- James, Meg (2011-05-19). "Univision plans three new cable TV channels". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2012-01-23.
- de la Fuente, Anna Marie (2011-08-27). "Univision bets big on news". Variety. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- Weprin, Alex. "Maria Antonieta Collins Returns to Univision". TV Newser. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- "Penhaul leaves Univision". Media Moves. 2012-01-03. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- James, Meg (2012-01-09). "Dish Network to distribute new Univision channels". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- Goetzl, David (2012-01-09). "Univision Lands First Carriage Deal For New Networks". MediaPost. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- UnivisionNoticias.com — Univision news division (Spanish)