United States Marine Corps Forces Command
|United States Marine Corps Forces Command|
|Type||Marine Combined arms|
|Role||Amphibious and expeditionary warfare|
|Garrison/HQ||Naval Support Activity Norfolk, VA|
|Commander||Lieutenant General John E. Wissler|
|Deputy Commander||Brigadier General Bradford J. Gering|
|Command Sergeant Major||Sergeant Major Christopher G. Robinson|
Commander, U.S. Marine Corps Forces Command (COMMARFORCOM), headquartered at the Naval Support Activity Center in Norfolk, Virginia, commands service retained-operating forces; executes force sourcing and synchronization to affect force generation actions in the provisioning of joint capable Marine Corps forces, and directs deployment planning and execution of service retained-operating forces in support of Combatant Commander (CCDR) and service requirements; serves as Commanding General, Fleet Marine Forces Atlantic (CG FMFLANT) and commands embarked Marine Corps forces; coordinates Marine Corps-Navy integration of operational initiatives and advises CDR U.S. Fleet Forces Command (USFF) on support to Marine Corps forces assigned to naval ships, bases, and installations; conducts Service directed operational tasks as required.
As COMMARFORCOM, commands Service retained-operational forces. As CG FMFLANT, commands Service retained-operational forces embarked aboard Naval shipping.
- Status and Command Relationships. MARFORCOM is a Service retained component headquarters with the following command relationships.
- COMMARFORCOM reports to the Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC).
- COMMARFORCOM commands and exercises administrative control (ADCON) of the following subordinate commands:
- This article incorporates text in the public domain from the United States Marine Corps.
- "Marine Forces Command website". United States Marine Corps. Retrieved 14 Sep 2011.