United States Coast Guard Police
The United States Coast Guard Police (CGPD) is a military police force responsible for providing law enforcement services, physical security, and force protection at certain shore facilities of the United States Coast Guard. Coast Guardsmen assigned to a CGPD receive unique law enforcement training available only to CGPD members through programs such as the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) Uniform Police Training Program. Selected officers may attend advanced training for: active shooter situations, special response, DUI detection, RADAR / LIDAR, among others. CGPD officers wear a modified uniform which include black police polo shirts and CGPD patches on their Operational Dress Uniform (ODU). "CGPD" patches and collar devices are worn by officers instead of their rank. Officers carry the same firearms as other Coast Guard units and utilize various vehicles to patrol facilities. Coast Guard Police Departments are present at the United States Coast Guard Academy, Training Center Cape May, Training Center Petaluma, Base Support Unit Kodiak, USCG Sector New York, and the United States Coast Guard Yard, Baltimore.
Structure CGPDs are overseen by a Command Security Officer, who is responsible for physical security aboard shoreside facilities. The position of Chief of Police is usually held by a Chief Petty Officer (E-7), who oversees the day-to-day activities of a CGPD. A Petty Officer First Class (E-6) usually holds the position of Deputy Chief of Police. Shift supervisors are typically held by Petty Officer Third Class (E-4) and above, though selected officers of lower rank may be selected to serve as a shift supervisor. Police officers usually consist of Coast Guardsmen with the rank of E-3 to E-6.
- Maritime Law Enforcement Academy
- U.S. Coast Guard Intelligence
- U.S. Coast Guard Investigative Service (CGIS)
- "COMMANDANT INSTRUCTION 5512.2 Subj: COAST GUARD CREDENTIALS AND BADGES" (PDF). Website of the United States Coast Guard. United States Coast Guard. 9 November 2006. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- Lally, Jonathan (18 May 2012). "Honoring those keeping us safe". Official Blog of the 17th Coast Guard District. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- CGPD Training Center Petaluma
- CGPD Training Center Cape May
- CGPD Base Support Kodiak
- CGPD USCG Yard, Baltimore