A Perfect Plan
|A Perfect Plan|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Pascal Chaumeil|
|Story by||Philippe Mechelen|
|Music by||Klaus Badelt|
|Edited by||Dorian Rigal-Ansous|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures International (UPI)|
|Box office||$16 million|
A Perfect Plan (French: Un plan parfait) is a 2012 French action adventure comedy film directed by Pascal Chaumeil and starring Diane Kruger, Dany Boon, and Alice Pol. Written by Laurent Zeitoun and Yoann Gromb, and based on a story by Philippe Mechelen, the film is about a successful woman in love who tries to break her family curse of every first marriage ending in divorce, by dashing to the altar with a random stranger before marrying her boyfriend.
Isabelle (Diane Kruger) is prepared to marry Pierre (Robert Plagnol), the man she has loved for the past ten years. First she has to overcome a curse that her female family members have been battling for years—that all their first marriages end in divorce. Isabelle comes up with the perfect plan. She will marry a stranger and get a quick divorce to avoid the curse and be happily married forever the second time. She flies to Copenhagen and finds the perfect pigeon in Jean Yves (Dany Boon), an editor for the Guide du Routard, but her plans are complicated when he believes that she is in love with him. When Isabelle's arranged marriage goes awry, she tracks down the pigeon in hopes she can somehow marry him and divorce him without too much trouble. When he travels to Kenya, she follows him in the hope that he will sign her divorce papers.
- Diane Kruger as Isabelle
- Dany Boon as Jean-Yves
- Alice Pol as Corinne
- Étienne Chicot as Edmond
- Robert Plagnol as Pierre
- Jonathan Cohen as Patrick
- Bernadette Le Saché as Solange
- Laure Calamy as Valérie
- Malonn Lévana as Louise
- Olivier Claverie as Maître Maillard
- Jean-Yves Chilot as Ambassadeur de France
- Muriel Solvay as Femme de l'amabassadeur
- Amélie Denarié as Employée mairie
- Emeline Bayart as Secrétaire cabinet dentaire
- Jean-Paul Bezzina as Thomasdu guide Hachette
Review aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes reported an approval rating of 33%, based on 18 reviews, with an average score of 5/10.
In his review in The Hollywood Reporter, Jordon Mintzer wrote that the film "works best as a portrait of two opposites who come together out of empathy, rather than out of love." In his review in The Montreal Gazette, T'Cha Dunlevy felt that the film "may have worked on paper, but the execution leaves much to be desired".
- "Un Plan Parfait". JP's Box-Office.
- "Un Plan Parfait". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- "Un Plan Parfait". The New York Times. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- "Locations for Un plan parfait". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- "A Perfect Plan (Un plan parfait) (2012)". Rotten Tomatoes.
- Mintzer, Jordan (2 November 2012). "Fly Me to the Moon (Un plan parfait): Film Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- Dunlevy, T'cha. "Review: Un plan parfait". The Montreal Gazette. Retrieved 13 June 2013.