|Headquarters||San Francisco, United States|
|United States, Canada|
Farhad Massoudi (Founder, CEO)Thomas Ahn Hicks (Co-founder, Head of Strategy & Business Development)
Tubi TV is a free, ad-supported television and movie platform found on the web and online streaming devices. Launched in 2014 by Adrise as a way to increase exposure for their content providers, Tubi TV holds the largest library of free TV and movies on the web. Content partners include Paramount Pictures, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), and Lionsgate, among dozens more.
Tubi TV launched in April 2014 with more than 20,000 television and film videos, the largest library of free, available media content online. In March 2015, AdRise announced a licensing agreement with Paramount Pictures for the rights to 50 films per month on Tubi TV. After bringing in investments and content partnership agreements with MGM Studios and Lionsgate in November 2015, Tubi TV's library grew to over 40,000 film and TV episodes. New content goes live on Tubi TV every week.
The company uses a real-time bidding platform for advertisers for delivering video ads across various platforms. Former Fox TV chairman, Sandy Grushow, is an advisory board member. Former Vice Chairman of Lionsgate, Mark Amin, is an investor. The company behind Tubi TV, Adrise, has raised $4 million in capital. Principal investors include Foundation Capital, Bobby Yazdani, Zod Nazem, and Streamlined Ventures.
- "Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer And Lionsgate Invest In adRise -- Parent Company Of Tubi TV -- And License Library Content To Fuel Ad-Supported, Video-On-Demand Service". StreetInsider.com. Retrieved 19 November 2015.
- "Tubi TV Grabs $6 Million From MGM, Lionsgate And Others For Its Free, Ad-Supported Streaming Service". TechCrunch. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- "AdRise Launches Tubi TV for free VOD". WSJ. 12 March 2015.
- TV, Tubi. "Tubi TV And Starz Digital Announce Licensing Agreement To Stream TV And Movies To Viewers For Free". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2016-02-09.
- "Paramount Pictures Licenses 50 More Movies to Free VOD Service Tubi TV". DigitalTrends. 12 March 2015.
- Perez, Sarah. "Tubi TV Grabs $6 Million From MGM, Lionsgate And Others For Its Free, Ad-Supported Streaming Service". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-02-09.
- "We are Tubi TV — the largest online library of free TV and movies. AMA! • /r/cordcutters". reddit. Retrieved 2016-02-09.
- "AdRise Brings Interactive Smart TV Ad Unit to Canada". StreamDaily. 14 February 2014.
- adRise. "Devices -- Tubi TV". Tubi TV. Retrieved 2016-02-08.
- "AdRise Launch RTB-Based Connected TV Ad Platform". VideoAdNews. 15 March 2012.
- "Tubi TV Lands Paramount Flicks". Multichannel. 11 March 2015.
- "AdRise Raises $2 Million From Foundation Capital to Put Video (And Ads) On More Connected TVs". TechCrunch. 16 October 2012.
- "AdRise Launches Tubi TV for free VOD". RapidTVNews. 18 April 2014.