The Tom and Jerry Show (2014 TV series)
|The Tom and Jerry Show|
|Created by||Bob Jaques|
Tom and Jerry|
by William Hanna
|Directed by||Darrell Van Citters, Bob Jaques|
|Theme music composer||Scott Bradley (arranged by Andy Sturmer)|
John Van Tongeren
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||52 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Distributor||Warner Bros. Television Distribution|
|Original network||Cartoon Network|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|First shown in||2014|
|Original release||April 9, 2014 – present|
|Preceded by||Tom and Jerry Tales (2006–2008)|
The Tom and Jerry Show is a 2014 American animated television series produced by Warner Bros. Animation and Renegade Animation, based on the Tom and Jerry characters and theatrical cartoon series created by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera in 1940. It had its world premiere on the Canadian channel Teletoon on March 1, 2014, and premiered on Cartoon Network in the United States on April 9, 2014.
The series follows the antics of Tom in his pursuit of Jerry. However, during the first season, episodes followed one of four different scenarios, including:
- Tom and Jerry's antics in a traditional sense. (This scenario is being used for second season.)
- Tom and Jerry being pets to two witches named Beatie and Hildie.
- Tom and Jerry working together by operating an agency called "The Cat and Mouse Detectives," complete with a narrator.
- Jerry living in a lab with a rat companion named Napoleon, and Tom being an alley cat.
- Tom - A gray cat who is always chasing the mouse Jerry.
- Jerry - A brown mouse, which is always running cat Tom.
- Spike - A bulldog with very violent attacks with punishing blows and beatings Tom whenever causes or when he tries to chase Jerry.
- Tyke - A small puppy bulldog and son of Spike.
- Rick - The owner of the house Tom and Jerry.
- Ginger - The owner of the house Tom and Jerry.
- Butch - A black alley cat living on the street that is the enemy of Tom and Jerry.
- Little Quacker - A yellow duck, which is the best friend of Jerry.
- Tuffy - A gray mouseling who wears a diaper and is the nephew of Jerry.
- Hildie and Beatie - Two witches living with Tom and Jerry in a haunted house.
- Newt - An orange Triton which uses an eye patch. Also he lives in the house of witches.
- Napoleon - A gray mouse friend Jerry, who lives in the scientific laboratory of Dr. Bigby.
- Hamster - A clever hamster who also lives in the laboratory of Dr. Bigby.
- Dr. Bigby - A scientist working in a scientific laboratory.
- Narrator - A speaker that tells all stories detective Tom and Jerry.
- Toodles - A light female kitty intelligent and very cute with a blue bow on her head. She is the girlfriend of Tom.
- William Hanna (Archive audio; Uncredited) - Tom Cat, Jerry Mouse
- Rick Zieff - Spike, Barkley the Dog, Skid, Dutch, Santa, Trucket Man, Squirel
- Grey DeLisle-Griffin - Ginger
- Stephen Stanton - Rick (season 2)
- Jason Alexander - Rick (season 1)
- Kath Soucie - Tuffy, Mimi, Aunt Claire, Cozette, Gigi
- Rene Mujica - Newt, Bear, Tom's 7th Life
- Cree Summer - Beatie
- Rachael MacFarlane - Hildie, Mummy
- Joey D'Auria - Butch, Jeff, Meathelda
- Gary Cole - "The Cat and Mouse Detectives" Narrator
- Chris Parnell - "The Great Outdoors" Narrator
- Tom Kenny - Detective, Dr. Bigby, Hamster, Wilfred, Tom's 1st Life, Tom's 4th Life, Tom's 5th Life, Tom's 8th Life, Ronnie the Rabbit, Percy
- Nika Futterman - Polly
- Alicyn Packard - Toodles, Madame Beta, Matalyn
- Simon Helberg - Napoleon, My Bot-y Guard
- Sam Kwasman - Quacker
- Dave B. Mitchell - Tom's 2nd Life, Tom's 3rd Life, Tom's 6th Life, Petey, Mummy's Spellbook, Rat, Meathead
- Phil Lollar - Monkey, Frank, Crooked Eddie
- Kari Wahlgren - Toots
- Julie Wittner - Bunny, Roxie, Misty
- Rob Paulsen - Scarf
- Robin Atkin Downes - Large Marvin
- Charlie Schlatter - Grayson
- Catherine Cavadini - Toodles' Mom
- Trevor Devall - Toodles' Dad
- John Michael Higgins - Uncle Harry
- Robbie Daymond - SiFu, Batboy, Ramone
- Yvette Nicole Brown - Momma Mockingbird
Entitled The Tom and Jerry Show, the series is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and Renegade Animation, with Renegade handling the actual production work under the supervision of Darrell Van Citters and Ashley Postelwaite. Darrell Van Citters is also the director of the series. The Tom and Jerry Show was originally intended to be a 2013 Cartoon Network premiere before being pushed back to April 9, 2014. This is the second Tom and Jerry television series produced in the 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio and the first to be animated in Adobe Flash. This show is rated TV-PG, a first for the Tom and Jerry series.
Home media release
|DVD Name||Ep #||Release Date|
|The Tom and Jerry Show — Season One Part One — Frisky Business||13||September 23, 2014|
|The Tom and Jerry Show — Season One Part Two — Funny Side Up||13||January 13, 2015|
|DVD Name||Ep #||Release Date|
|The Tom and Jerry Show — Season Two Part One||13||TBA|
|The Tom and Jerry Show — Season Two Part Two||13||TBA|
The Tom and Jerry Show first premiered on March 1, 2014 on Teletoon in Canada. The series premiered on April 9, 2014 on Cartoon Network in the United States. In the United Kingdom and Ireland, it began airing on April 12, 2014 on Boomerang. It premiered on April 21, 2014 on Cartoon Network in India. In Australia, Cartoon Network premiered it on May 5, 2014. The series began airing on Boomerang in the United States on January 5, 2015. In Indonesia it will be broadcast on Global TV.
- Tom and Jerry
- Tom and Jerry Comedy Show
- Tom & Jerry Kids
- Tom and Jerry Tales
- Tom and Jerry: The Movie
- "The Tom and Jerry Show Coming to Cartoon Network". Big Cartoon News. October 8, 2012.
- "Cartoon Network Upfront Presentation 2013". About.com. Retrieved March 10, 2014.
- "New Tom and Jerry Show - The Tom and Jerry Show Videos – Cartoon Network". Cartoonnetwork.com. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "Tom and Jerry Show: Season 1 Part 1". amazon.com.
- "The Tom and Jerry Show Season One Part Two: Funny Side Up DVD". Blu-ray.com.
- "March 2014 Programming Highlights TELETOON, TELETOON at Night, TELETOON RETRO". Corus Entertainment. February 19, 2014. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- Wolfe, Jennifer (March 26, 2014). "'Tom and Jerry Show' Premieres April 9 on Cartoon Network". Animation World Network. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- "Turner UK Unveils 2014 Programming Slate: 4 New Shows For Cartoon Network, New 'Tom & Jerry' Series & More". TV Wise. March 10, 2014. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- BusinessofCinema News Network (April 19, 2014). "The Tom And Jerry Show Makes A Come Back On Cartoon Network". Business of Cinema. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- DHiggins (May 5, 2014). "New this week: Continuum, Secret Meat Business, House of Cards finale & Powerpuff Girls 15th anniversary". Foxtel. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- "Boomerang TV Schedule". LocateTV. December 24, 2014.
- The Tom and Jerry Show at the Internet Movie Database
- The Tom and Jerry Show at the Big Cartoon DataBase