The Mr. Potato Head Show
|The Mr. Potato Head Show|
|Genre||Live action/puppet series|
Mark Bryan Wilson
|Theme music composer||Mark Mothersbaugh|
|Opening theme||"The Mr. Potato Head Show" theme|
|Ending theme||"The Mr. Potato Head Show" theme (instrumental)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Executive producer(s)||Andy Copley|
|Running time||30 min.|
20th Century Fox Television
|Original network||FOX KIDS|
|Original release||September 12, 1998 – February 16, 1999|
The Mr. Potato Head Show was developed by Dan Clark and Doug Langdale. The puppets for the characters were created by The Chiodo Brothers. Mark Bryan Wilson served as the show's puppet master and William Traetta served as the show's assistant puppet master.
Mr. Potato Head puts on a show with the help of his Kitchen Crew and presents each show to the TV Guys so that they can air them on television. Mr. Potato Head and his Kitchen Crew also have some misadventures during the productions of each show.
- Mr. Potato Head (performed by Kevin Carlson) – The main character of the series. He is the leader of the Kitchen Crew where they make different shows in his TV studio for the TV guys.
- Baloney (performed by Greg Ballora) – An anthropomorphic stack of baloney who is Mr. Potato Head's assistant.
- Queenie Sweet Potato (performed by Debra Wilson) – An anthropomorphic sweet potato that is the Kitchen Crew's diva.
- Potato Bug (performed by Julianne Buescher) – A female potato bug.
- Canny (performed by James Murray) – A dog that is made out of dog food cans. In "Not With a Bang" Pt. 1, it was revealed that Canny used to work as a University Physics Professor.
- Johnny Rotten Apple (performed by James Murray in a British accent) – An anthropomorphic rotten apple who is the Kitchen Crew's resident musician with a rock star personality. In his personal spots on the TV series, he would sing about a random character or other things. Johnny Rotten Apple's name is a spoof of the stage name of John Lydon. In "Aliens Dig Baloney," it is revealed that Johnny Rotten Apple is allergic to yogurt.
- Dr. Fruitcake (performed by James Murray in a Transylvanian accent) – An anthropomorphic fruitcake who is the Kitchen Crew's resident mad scientist. He was the creator of Ham Monster and has come up with different inventions to help Mr. Potato Head in his shows.
- Ham Monster (performed by Mark Bryan Wilson) – A makeshift monster with a ham body, crab claws for arms, and chicken drumsticks on its sides that was created by Dr. Fruitcake. When Ham Monster first appeared in "Aliens Dig Baloney," Dr. Fruitcake created him for Mr. Potato Head's monster show only to go berserk in the studio. Using the secret of making ham explode that he learned from the aliens, Baloney was able to destroy Ham Monster by making him explode. In "Royal Pain," Ham Monster was rebuilt where he now has the brain of a 2-year-old child making him more obedient to Dr. Fruitcake. When Baloney started to ask where Dr. Fruitcake got the brain of a 2-year-old child, Dr. Fruitcake cuts his question off by stating "Trust me Baloney, you don't want to know."
- Mr. Giblets (performed by James Murray) – An anthropomorphic pile of giblets.
- Mr. Happy Whip (performed by Brian Jacobs) – An anthropomorphic whipped cream spray that would emit whipped cream when scared.
- Miss Licorice Lips (voiced by Debra Wilson) – A talking pair of computer-animated lips made of black licorice that serves as the announcer and narrator for Mr. Potato Head's shows.
- Betty the Kitchen Fairy (voiced by Julianne Buescher) – An animated fairy that uses a ladle as her wand. She would pop in to give the Kitchen Crew advice on how to get through their plights even when their in a dangerous unrelated situation.
- TV Guys (portrayed by Brian Jacobs and Lisa Kaplan) – Aron and Nora work as executives at a television company that would air Mr. Potato Head's shows. They would tell Mr. Potato Head about his recent show submissions and tell him what they want him to do on his show.
- Writer (portrayed by Doug Langdale) – An unnamed human who serves as the writer for Mr. Potato Head's shows. The Writer does his writing for the shows in his closet.
- Aliens – An unknown alien race that has appeared on the show occasionally. In "Aliens Dig Baloney," the aliens arrive on Earth to find a new leader for their galactic empire where they end up meeting Baloney and teaching him the secret on how to make ham explode. They eventually get the ghost of Mr. Potato Head's plant as their leader. In "Not With a Bang" Pt. 1, a representative of the aliens poses as the TV Guys' boss in order to get Mr. Potato Head's show cancelled and place Donkey Waddlefoot's show in its spot. This was part of a plan by Emperor Ghost Plant to invade Earth. In "Not With a Bang" Pt. 2, the aliens begin their invasion of Earth where they engage the Kitchen Crew. With help from Betty the Kitchen Fairy, the aliens were repelled upon being chased off by Blostrogath the Destroyer. Mr. Potato Head then confronts the alien representative at the TV Guys' station where the alien states that invading Earth was not a good idea and takes his leave from Earth.
- Blostrogath the Destroyer (voiced by James Murray) – An animated monster who was imprisoned in a bag of 65,000,000-year-old popcorn. Queenie accidentally freed him when his bag was put in the microwave where he begins his plan to destroy the Earth and everything on it. After being told to be herself by Betty the Kitchen Fairy, Queenie evades Blostrogath's attacks as Mr. Potato Head as Spudman summons some potatoes to help defeat Blostrogath upon being tricked into the microwave. In "Not With a Bang" Pt. 2, Betty the Kitchen Fairy summoned Blostrogath to chase away the invading alien armada.
- Aliens Dig Baloney – Baloney tries to cover up the death of Mr. Potato Head's favorite plant as a pair of aliens arrive on Earth seeking a new ruler for their interstellar empire. Meanwhile, Dr. Fruitcake creates the Ham Monster for Mr. Potato Head's monster show which proves to be too dangerous for him to control
- Royal Pain – Queenie finds out that she is descended from an Egyptian Pharaoh named King Yaminhotep upon going onto an ancestral website called "Ancestors "R" Us." As Mr. Potato Head tries to make a show for two-year-olds, he uses a rebuilt Ham Monster as his test audience.
- The Thing in the Microwave – Queenie goes on a diet, but her cravings result in her unleashing an ancient evil from a bag of popcorn. Meanwhile, Mr. Potato Head makes a superhero show where he plays Spudman.
- Secret Agent Mania – Upon finding out that Donkey Waddlefoot's show stole his submarine show, Mr. Potato Head informs the TV Guys about it as he is told to do a spy show. Mr. Potato Head does this as well as trying to find out how Donkey Waddlefoot found the footage to make his own episodes.
- Cheap Shots – Found 8/04/16 (review currently underway)
- Potato Verite – [Currently missing]
- Forsake Me Not – [Currently missing]
- Equal Writes – [Currently missing]
- Robotato – [Currently missing]
- Pillow – [Currently missing]
- Smart Attack – [Currently missing]
- Not With a Bang (1) – The TV Guys' boss orders the cancellation of Mr. Potato Head's show causing Mr. Potato Head and his Kitchen Crew to go their separate ways.
- Not With a Bang (2) – The alien invasion is in full swing as the Kitchen Crew unites to combat the aliens and get their show back on the air.
- Kevin Carlson – Mr. Potato Head, Alien (ep. 1, 12, 13)
- Greg Ballora – Baloney
- Julianne Buescher – Potato Bug, Betty the Kitchen Fairy
- Brian Jacobs – Mr. Happy Whip
- James Murray – Dr. Fruitcake, Johnny Rotten Apple, Mr. Giblets, Alien (ep. 1, 12, 13), Blostrogath the Destroyer (ep. 3, 13)
- Debra Wilson – Queenie Sweet Potato, Miss Licorice Lips
- Mark Bryan Wilson – Ham Monster
- Brad Abrell –
- Donna Kimball –
- Alison Mork –
- William Traetta –
- The Mr. Potato Head Show at the Internet Movie Database
- The Mr. Potato Head Show at TV.com
- Other_Studios/F/Film_Roman_Productions/The_Mr__Potato_Head_Show/ Mr. Potato Head Show at the Big Cartoon DataBase