The More You Know (block)
|Launched||October 8, 2016|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Format||Saturday morning E/I block|
|Running time||3 hours|
The More You Know is an American programming block that is programmed by Litton Entertainment, and debuted on October 8, 2016. It airs on Saturday mornings on the owned-and-operated stations and affiliates of NBC. It was originally scheduled to debut on October 1, 2016. However, its premiere was pushed back one week due to NBC Sports' coverage of the 2016 Ryder Cup. Based on NBC's series of public service campaigns of the same name, the three-hour Saturday morning block features live-action programming aimed at teens that are designed to meet federally mandated educational programming guidelines.
The block replaced NBC Kids (which aired live-action and animated preschool-oriented programming from Sprout), and is Litton's fourth E/I-centric programming block across the major U.S. television networks, behind Litton's Weekend Adventure (ABC), CBS Dream Team (CBS), and One Magnificent Morning (The CW).
NBC and Litton announced The More You Know on February 24, 2016. The block serves as a brand extension of The More You Know—a series of public service campaigns first launched by NBC in 1989. The block will launch with six half-hour programs aimed towards viewers 13 to 16 years of age, described as being "in-depth and inspiring".
In announcing the partnership, NBC chairman Ted Harbert stated that "by coupling Litton's unparalleled expertise with NBC's iconic 'The More You Know' brand, we are excited to help families come together to enjoy, watch and learn." Litton's CEO Dave Morgan stated that the company was "proud to partner" with NBC in associating its programming with a "renowned educational brand".
- The Voyager with Josh Garcia
- Wilderness Vet
- Journey with Dylan Dreyer
- Naturally, Danny Seo
- Heart of a Champion with Lauren Thompson
- "NBC and Litton Entertainment Announce Fall 2016 Line-Up for The More You Know Programming Block". The Futon Critic. August 8, 2016. Retrieved August 8, 2016.
- Middleton, Richard (February 26, 2016). "NBC, Litton prep factual block". C21Media. Retrieved March 7, 2016.
- "CBS Slates Teen-Centric Programming Block For Saturdays". Deadline Hollywood. July 24, 2013. Retrieved October 17, 2014.
- James, Meg (July 24, 2013). "CBS partners with Litton Entertainment for Saturday teen block". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved July 25, 2013.
- Albiniak, Paige (June 5, 2014). "Litton Teams with The CW on New E/I Block". Broadcasting & Cable. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- Ostrow, Joanne (June 5, 2014). "CW adds Saturday morning teen block". The Denver Post. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- Garber, Megan (September 16, 2014). "'The More You Know': There's More to Know". The Atlantic. Retrieved February 25, 2016.
- Malone, Michael (February 24, 2016). "NBC, Litton Partner on 'The More You Know' Block". Broadcasting & Cable. Retrieved February 25, 2016.