The Man Inside (1958 film)
|The Man Inside|
|Directed by||John Gilling|
Albert R. Broccoli
M. E. Chaber (novel)
|Music by||Richard Rodney Bennett|
|Edited by||Bert Rule|
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
The Man Inside is a 1958 British crime adventure film brought to the screen by Warwick Film Productions. The screenplay from David Shaw was based on a novel by M.E.Chaber and was directed by John Gilling. The film was Bonar Colleano's last role before he died in a car accident.
Sam Carter (Patrick) is a jeweler's clerk who dreams of stealing a fortune in diamonds and eventually does so but kills a man in the process. He then embarks on the highlife but is pursued across Europe by Milo March (Palance) a private detective who suspects that not all is above board. However, Milo is not alone in his pursuit as Trudi Hall (Ekberg) has her own ideas as to how the money would be best spent.
- Jack Palance.....Milo March
- Anita Ekberg.....Trudie Hall
- Nigel Patrick.....Sam Patrick
- Anthony Newley.....Ernesto
- Bonar Colleano.....Martin Lomer
- Sean Kelly.....Rizzio
- Sid James.....Franklin
- Donald Pleasence.....Organ-grinder
- Eric Pohlmann.....Tristao
- Josephine Brown.....Mrs. Frazur
Alan Ladd was originally announced to play the lead. Then Victor Mature was going to play it.
- ↑ http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1800240894/bio
- ↑ Edwin Schallert, 'Alan Ladd Gets Huge England Deal; Hunting Film Stars Prime Trio', Los Angeles Times 16 Sep 1957: C11
- ↑ STUDIO SUSPENDS KIM NOVAK PACT: Columbia Acts After She Refuses Paramount Role-- Debbie Reynolds to Star Nature Has Its Way Special to The New York Times.. New York Times (1923-Current file) [New York, N.Y] 31 Aug 1957: 18.
- The Man Inside at the Internet Movie Database
- The Man Inside at AllMovie
- The Man Inside at the TCM Movie Database