The Five Fists of Science
|The Five Fists of Science|
Baroness Bertha von Suttner
John Pierpont Morgan
Nikola Tesla, Mark Twain and Bertha von Suttner combine forces to try to bring about world peace through superior firepower. The comic's introduction shows Twain explaining that the story does not concern itself very much with historical accuracy, and this assertion is borne out by the story: Twain and Tesla use scientific know-how, general trickery and media manipulation techniques to try to scare world leaders into following their noble path. In the company of several allies, the two are soon confronted by dark forces led by the dastardly Thomas Edison, John Pierpont Morgan, Andrew Carnegie, and Guglielmo Marconi. The inventors and financiers are collaborating on a bizarre new skyscraper, the Innsmouth Tower, on whose building site many construction workers have already died in mysterious accidents.
- War of Currents
- List of steampunk works
- Mark Twain in popular culture
- Nikola Tesla in popular culture
- Thomas Edison in popular culture
- Cthulhu Mythos in popular culture
- The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
- Fort: Prophet of the Unexplained
- Matt Fraction's home page
- Steven Sanders home page
- Genius Collision interview with Matt Fraction about the graphic novel.