The Boss Baby
|The Boss Baby|
|Directed by||Tom McGrath|
|Produced by||Ramsey Ann Naito|
|Written by||Michael McCullers|
The Boss Baby|
by Marla Frazee
|Narrated by||Tobey Maguire|
|Music by||Hans Zimmer|
|Edited by||James Ryan|
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
The Boss Baby is an upcoming American 3D computer-animated comedy film loosely based on the 2010 picture book of the same name written and illustrated by Marla Frazee. Produced by DreamWorks Animation, the film is being directed by Tom McGrath and written by Michael McCullers. It stars Alec Baldwin, Steve Buscemi, Jimmy Kimmel and Lisa Kudrow, and is narrated by Tobey Maguire. The Boss Baby is scheduled to be released on March 31, 2017 by 20th Century Fox.
A man named Tim tells about his seven-year-old life being jealous of his fast-talking, briefcase-carrying baby brother named the "Baby Boss". When he goes on a mission to win back affection of his parents, he finds out about a secret plot by the CEO of Puppy Co., Francis E. Francis which revolves around his baby brother and threatens to destabilize the balance of love in the world. Both brothers must unite to save their parents, restore order to the world and prove that love is indeed an infinite force.
- Alec Baldwin as Baby Boss Templeton
- Miles Bakshi as Timothy "Tim" Templeton, Baby Boss' seven-year-old brother
- Tobey Maguire as a grown-up Tim, the narrator
- Steve Buscemi as Francis E. Francis, the CEO of Puppy Co.
- Jimmy Kimmel as Mr. Templeton
- Lisa Kudrow as Mrs. Templeton
On June 12, 2014, DreamWorks Animation announced plans to release the film on March 18, 2016, with the film being directed by Tom McGrath. On September 30, 2014, Alec Baldwin and Kevin Spacey joined the film, Baldwin would play a baby and Spacey would play the villainous role. Ramsey Naito and Denise Cascino would produce the film based on a script by Michael McCullers. On December 11, 2014, it was announced that The Boss Baby had been removed from the schedule and replaced with Kung Fu Panda 3, with a new release date yet to be announced. On January 22, 2015, the film's release date was pushed back to January 13, 2017, and in September 2015, further back to March 10, 2017, taking over the Captain Underpants date. In June 2016, it was pushed back again to March 31, 2017. The first official trailer debuted in theaters on 15th October 2016 on the international release of Trolls, a few days later the trailer was officially released online.
- Idelson, Karen (September 29, 2016). "Jeffrey Katzenberg Exits the Stage With 'Trolls' and 'The Boss Baby' Still to Be Released". Variety. Retrieved October 1, 2016.
- Kit, Borys (September 30, 2014). "Alec Baldwin and Kevin Spacey to Voice Star in DreamWorks Animation's 'Boss Baby'". hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved October 15, 2014.
- McClintock, Pamela (September 18, 2015). "Hugh Jackman's 'Greatest Showman on Earth' Pushed a Year to Christmas 2017". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved September 19, 2015.
- Amderton, Ethan (July 21, 2016). "DreamWorks Animation's 'The Boss Baby' Is Like an Animated 'Glengarry Glen Ross' for Kids (Comic-Con 2016)". /Film. Retrieved October 28, 2016.
- Kit, Borys (June 13, 2016). "Jimmy Kimmel, Lisa Kudrow, Patton Oswalt Join Voicecast of 'Boss Baby' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 16, 2016.
- Hopewell, John; Mayorga, Emilio (June 16, 2016). "Annecy: Tom McGrath Unveils Alec Baldwin-Starrer 'Boss Baby'". Variety. Retrieved June 18, 2016.
- Alexander, Bryan (October 17, 2016). "Sneak peek: Alec Baldwin is 'The Boss Baby'". USA Today. Retrieved October 17, 2016.
- "Dates Set for Madagascar 4, The Croods 2, Puss in Boots 2, Captain Underpants, and Hitman". comingsoon.net. June 12, 2014. Retrieved October 15, 2014.
- "'Kung Fu Panda 3' Moves Out of 2015 to Avoid 'Star Wars'". The Hollywood Reporter. December 11, 2014. Retrieved December 11, 2014.
- "DreamWorks Animation Cutting 500 Jobs; Dawn Taubin and Mark Zoradi Exiting". Variety. Retrieved 22 January 2015.
- "Release Schedule - New Dates & Changes". Box Office Mojo. Archived from the original on June 20, 2016. Retrieved June 20, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Boss Baby.|
- Official website
- The Boss Baby at the Internet Movie Database
- The Boss Baby at The Big Cartoon DataBase
- The Boss Baby at Rotten Tomatoes
- The Boss Baby at Box Office Mojo
- The Boss Baby: at Fox Movies