|Studio album by Drake Bell|
August 23, 2005|
August 7, 2007 (re-release)
|Label||Nine Yards, Backhouse|
|Producer||Drake Bell, Backhouse Mike|
|Drake Bell chronology|
Telegraph is the debut album by singer-songwriter Drake Bell. It was recorded by Bell and producer Michael Corcoran, as well as a few friends in a simple home studio using a Digidesign Digi 002. The following record, It's Only Time was recorded at the time in a newly built studio, The Backhouse.
The album was released on August 23, 2005 and was issued by Backhouse Mike's label Backhouse Records and the now defunct label Nine Yards Records. Being an independently released production, it ran out of print, and was subsequently re-released on August 7, 2007.
Telegraph received critical acclaim for its darker tone and Bell's songwriting. All of musical tracks on the album were written by Bell at around 14, 15, entirely on his own, with the exception of "Highway to Nowhere". Bell was around 19 when the album was recorded. Some of the songs were performed on the TV show Bell starred in, "Drake & Josh"
AllMusic wrote in its review of the album,"He specializes in upbeat, McCartneyesque ditties fleshed out with enchanting harmony vocals and big, wet production."
A writer for Ultimate Guitar Archive praised Bell's vocals on the album, writing "his voice is pleasantly raspy and there's always a sense of unapologetic know-how in his delivery, without the bratty pseudo-punk attitude that litters many a radio station".
|2.||"Found a Way"||Bell, Michael Corcoran||3:02|
|5.||"In the End"||Bell||4:24|
|9.||"Down We Fall"||Bell||5:50|
|11.||"Highway to Nowhere"||Bell, S.W. Bennett||4:04|
Additional song information
- "Hollywood Girl" was performed on TRL in the TV movie Drake & Josh Go Hollywood.
- Part of "Don't Preach" is also featured Drake & Josh Go Hollywood, in which Drake Bell stars. The scene shows him (as Drake Parker) performing the song at the B'nai Shalom Home for the Elderly with his band. It is also featured in the episode, "Who's Got Game?"
- "Found a Way", "Down We Fall", and "Highway to Nowhere" are also on the Drake & Josh soundtrack, Drake & Josh: Songs from and inspired by the hit TV show. Drake also played "Highway to Nowhere" when he guest-starred on the Nickelodeon TV show Zoey 101. In the episode, the students of Pacific Coast Academy hire Drake to play at their school's Spring Fling.
- The beatboxing on the song "Circles" is done by Drake's co-star on Drake & Josh and best friend, Josh Peck.
- "Found a Way" is the theme song for Drake & Josh.
- Elizabeth Gillies & Ariana Grande covered "Found A Way" on theslap.com
- Drake Bell - lead and backing vocals, rhythm guitars, keyboards
- Backhouse Mike - bass guitar, lead and rhythm guitar, keyboards, backing vocals
- Joey Finger - drums
- Tom Kinne - bass guitar
- Scott Bennett - bass guitar, drums, guitar, keyboards
- DJ Eroc - scratching
- Mike D'Santi - guitar
- Josh Peck - beatboxing