|Slogan||Where news inspires change.|
|National and international|
|Owner||Turkish Radio and Television Corporation (TRT)|
May 18, 2015 (test broadcast)|
June 30, 2015
In 1990, TRT started an international TV station "TRT int", but in 2009 the company decided to cease its operation and focus on a new project, targeting a much wider audience range. TRT World started the initial test broadcast on 18 May 2015 on beta.trtworld.com and has become fully operational on June 30, 2015. The channel is now active on several satellite networks, such as Türksat 3A, and broadcasts live on the website trtworld.com. The channel claims to serve news from a humanitarian perspective. TRT also owns 15.70% of Euronews, a pan-European oriented news channel.
- "About Us | TRT World". www.trtworld.com. Retrieved 2016-02-19.
- "Turkey: Editor hails 'great launch' of TRT World website". Anadolu Agency. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "TRT WORLD test yayınına geçti". www.trthaber.com. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Turksat Uydu Frekans Listesi". www.turksat.com.tr. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "TRT World". YouTube. Retrieved 2016-01-19.