Surf's Up 2: WaveMania
|Surf's Up 2: WaveMania|
|Directed by||Henry Yu|
|Produced by||Michelle L.M. Wong|
|Written by||Abdul Williams|
|Distributed by||Sony Pictures Home Entertainment|
Surf's Up 2: WaveMania is an upcoming American direct-to-video computer-animated comedy film directed by Henry Yu. It is a sequel to the 2007 film, Surf's Up. Produced by Sony Pictures Animation and WWE Studios, the film will be released on January 17, 2017 on DVD and digital media.
- John Cena as J.C
- The Undertaker as Undertaker
- Triple H as Hunter
- Paige as Paige
- Vince McMahon as Mr. McMahon
- Jon Heder as Chicken Joe
- Diedrich Bader as Tank "The Shredder" Evans
- Jeremy Shada as Cody
Since the release of the original, Mario Cantone, Jon Heder and Shia LaBeouf from the film have mentioned the possibility of a sequel several times. On March 1, 2016, Sony Pictures Entertainment announced that it had partnered with WWE Studios for a Surf's Up sequel. Henry Yu was hired as the director of the film, making this his directorial debut while Abdul Williams was tapped to write the screenplay. The film is animated by Rainmaker Entertainment.
- Milligan, Mercedes (December 1, 2016). "Catch 'Wavemania' in Sony's 'Surf's Up 2' Trailer". Animation Magazine. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- Gallagher, Brian (December 1, 2016). "WWE Superstars Get Animated in Surf's Up 2: WaveMania Trailer #2". MovieWeb. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- Makuch, Eddie (March 1, 2016). "Sony and WWE Team Up for Surf's Up Sequel (Really)". GameSpot. Retrieved August 17, 2016.
- Frosty (May 29, 2007). "Exclusive Video Interviews from the SURF'S UP Premiere in Hawaii". Collider.com. Retrieved September 13, 2016.
- Anderton, Ethan (March 2, 2016). "'Surf's Up 2' Is Happening, But This Time with WWE Wrestlers as Surfers". /Film. Retrieved August 17, 2016.