Super Dave: Daredevil for Hire
|Super Dave: Daredevil for Hire|
Judy Rothman Rofé
Christopher J. Brough
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13 (plus 1 special)|
|Running time||30 minutes (with commercials)|
FOX (Fox Kids)|
Toon Disney (1998–2002)
|Original release||September 12, 1992 – 1993|
In the United States, the show premiered on September 12, 1992 on FOX. The series was cancelled after its first season, but a special based on the series titled "The Super Dave Superbowl of Knowledge" aired on January 29, 1994.
The show starred and was based on the comedy of Bob Einstein and his Super Dave Osborne persona. Both Bob Einstein and Art Irizawa provided the voices for Super Dave and his assistant, Fuji Hakahito, and also appeared as their characters in live-action skits which ended each episode.
Halfway through the show's initial run, Irizawa was asked to modify his voice for Fuji, following complaints to Fox from Asian-American groups that the character was an offensive stereotype. Irizawa subsequently re-recorded his dialogue for all of the show's episodes.
- Solomon, Charles (September 19, 1992). "TV REVIEWS : Cartoons Seek a Gleeful Insanity in New Season". The Los Angeles Times. USA. Retrieved 16 May 2011.
- Braxton, Greg (November 10, 1992). "Protest Sends 'Super Dave' Back to the Drawing Board". The Los Angeles Times. USA. Retrieved 16 May 2011.
- S. Chan, Kenyon (December 5, 1992). "Monitoring 'Super Dave'". The Los Angeles Times. USA. Retrieved 16 May 2011.
- Super Dave: Daredevil for Hire at the Internet Movie Database
- The Super Dave Superbowl of Knowledge at the Internet Movie Database