Sulaimaniyah International Airport
|Sulaimaniyah International Airport|
Firokaxaney Nawdewletî Silêmanî / فڕۆکەخانەی نێودەوڵەتی سلێمانی
مطار السليمانية الدولي
|IATA: ISU – ICAO: ORSU|
|Operator||Kurdistan Regional Government|
|Elevation AMSL||2,492 ft / 760 m|
|Coordinates||35°33′39″N 45°18′52″E / 35.56083°N 45.31444°E|
Location of airport in Iraq
Sulaimaniyah International Airport (IATA: ISU, ICAO: ORSU) is an airport 15 kilometers outside the city of Sulaimaniyah, in north of Iraq and specifically in Kurdistan region of Iraq. The airport has facilities for both cargo and passengers. Sulaimaniyah International Airport has three terminals for departures, arrivals and VIP. The construction of the airport began in November 2003, and it was inaugurated in July 2005.
Airlines and destinations
- ^1 Iraqi Airways' flights between Sulaimaniyah and London make a stop in Malmö. However, the airline does not have the rights to transport passengers solely between Sulaimaniyah and Malmö.
- Sulaimaniyah International Airport
- Airport information for ORSU at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for ISU at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Accident history for ISU at Aviation Safety Network