|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||26 (list of episodes)|
|Production company(s)||Project 10 Productions|
|Original release||March 7, 2014 – present|
On August 9, 2016, the official Spun Out page was no longer available on the CTV website. However, a cached copy on Google indicated that the page was still up on August 7, 2016. As of December 1, 2016, the show has not returned.
The series stars Dave Foley as Dave Lyons, the head of DLPR, a public relations firm staffed with people "who can spin everybody's problems but their own". The cast also includes Paul Campbell, Rebecca Dalton, Al Mukadam, Holly Deveaux, J. P. Manoux and Darcy Michael.
The series had 13 episodes in its first season.
Episode 7, titled "Middle Aged Men in the Hall", featured guest appearances by all of Foley's The Kids in the Hall castmates — Bruce McCulloch, Mark McKinney, Scott Thompson and Kevin McDonald — as his former high school bandmates in a Goth rock band, who visited to demand that Dave honour a suicide pact that they had made in their youth.
The second season finished filming on December 5, 2014. A sneak preview of the program's season premiere was slated to air on February 1, 2015 after CTV's broadcast of Super Bowl XLIX, with the full season run slated to air beginning in March 2015.
However, on January 26, as a direct response to J. P. Manoux's arrest on voyeurism charges, CTV put the program on hiatus "indefinitely". Manoux appeared in all 13 episodes, making it impossible for the network to simply air a shortened run of the series by excluding his episodes. The post-Super Bowl slot was reassigned to the season premiere of MasterChef Canada.
The network later clarified that the series was not cancelled, but would eventually air. According to network executive Phil King, "I think it’s wildly unfair that you have a whole cast of people who put their livelihood into this and we’re not going to see this because someone did something inappropriate." CTV later announced the second season of Spun Out would begin airing July 14, 2015.
The Season 2 premiere featured a guest appearance by comedian Russell Peters.
- Dave Foley as Dave Lyons, the head of DLPR
- Paul Campbell as Beckett Ryan, a newly hired copywriter
- Rebecca Dalton as Stephanie Lyons, Dave's daughter and DLPR employee
- Holly Deveaux as Abby Hayes, Beckett's ex-girlfriend and roommate
- Al Mukadam as Nelson Abrams, Beckett's friend and DLPR employee
- J. P. Manoux as Bryce, Dave's executive assistant
- Darcy Michael as Gordon Woolmer, a DLPR employee with an odd personality
- Tricia Helfer as Claudia, Dave's ex-wife and Stephanie's mother
- The Kids in the Hall as Dave's high school goth friends
- Jason Priestley as Jacob Milton, Dave's friend and wingman
- Emma Hunter in a recurring role as Daisy, a waitress
- Jadyn Wong in a recurring role as Esther, an intern
- "CTV schedules ‘Motive’, ‘Spun Out,’ announces midseason". The Loop, January 27, 2014.
- "http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:zOlIksjihdoJ:www.ctv.ca/SpunOut.aspx+&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca". Accessed August 9, 2016.
- "Canada's CTV Orders Dave Foley Comedy 'Spun Out' to Series". The Hollywood Reporter, March 7, 2013.
- "Kids in the Hall reunite on Spun Out on CTV". Toronto Star, April 8, 2014.
- "CTV Begins Production on Season Two of Original Comedy Series". Broadcaster, October 7, 2014.
- "‘MasterChef Canada’ replaces ‘Spun Out’ after scandal". Toronto Sun, January 28, 2015.
- Jean Paul Manoux, star of Spun Out, charged with voyeurism. CBC News, January 27, 2015. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- "It's not curtains for Spun Out, says CTV". Toronto Star, June 4, 2015.
- "Spun Out returns for Season 2 on July 14". Toronto Star, July 13, 2015.