The Spotlight operator or Followspot Operator, is a theatrical technician who operates a specialized stage lighting instrument known as a followspot. A followspot is any lighting instrument manually controlled by an operator during a performance. Generally a followspot will be a dedicated, large lighting instrument designed to pan, change size, beam width, and color easily by hand.
- Choppers – Cuts or shutters the top and bottom part of the beam.
- Douser – Controls intensity.
- Iris – Controls beam size.
- Trombone – Controls focal length.
- Color Frames – Changes the color of the light. May also known as a boomerang and/or a color magazine. Color magazines contain the color gels, which are counted from the rear of the follow spot forward.
This article is issued from Wikipedia - version of the 7/31/2016. The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike but additional terms may apply for the media files.