Splash and Bubbles
|Splash and Bubbles|
|Created by||John Tartaglia|
|Theme music composer||
|Opening theme||"Splash and Bubbles Theme Song"|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||5 (list of episodes)|
Michael Shawn Lewis
Merrill Puckett Miller
|Running time||12 minutes|
The Jim Henson Company|
|Original network||PBS Kids|
|Picture format||1080i (16:9 HDTV)|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1|
|Original release||November 23, 2016 – present|
Splash and Bubbles (originally titled Splash!) is an American computer-animated children's television series created by John Tartaglia. The series debuted on PBS Kids on November 23, 2016. The series is produced using motion capture that blends with animatronic interfaces which enables the crew to make animation.
Splash and Bubbles follows a yellowback fusilier, Splash, who settles in Reeftown after looking all over the ocean. He then befriends Bubbles, a mandarinfish, and the duo, along with friends Dunk and Ripple, explore the reef to venture and make new friends. Each episode also includes a documentary segment, Get Your Feet Wet, which features kids asking questions that are occasionally followed up by a musical number.
- Splash (voiced by John Tartaglia) is an adventurous yellowback fusilier fish who settles in Reeftown after exploring the world for a new home.
- Bubbles (voiced by Leslie Carrara-Rudolph) is a tomboyish mandarinfish who likes being messy.
- Dunk (voiced by Raymond Carr) is an intellectual nervous pufferfish who serves as the comic relief of the group. He is also an artist, and can make art out of sand.
- Ripple (voiced by Aymee Garcia) is a seahorse who lives with 499 brothers. She loves adventure and trying new things.
- Lu (voiced by Donna Kimball) is a high-spirited anglerfish who resides in the ocean abyss, along with her barnacle husband Bob. Her name is short for bioluminescent.
- Bob (voiced by Allan Trautman) is Lu's barnacle husband that lives on her body.
- Biggie (voiced by Sarah Oh) is one of Lu's friends, a spookfish who has big eyes.
- The Firefly Squid are one of Lu's friends.
- The Clusterwink (voiced by Sarah Oh) is a species of small sea snail that Lu gave Dunk.
- Moray, a snowflake moray who resides in the tunnels within Reeftown, and often provides helpful tidbits to the gang
- Denny, a cleaner shrimp who acts as Reeftown's "dentist", and has enextensive knowledge of teeth
- Zee, a Port Jackson shark who befriends Splash, Bubbles, and Dunk after she is assumed to be fearsome
- Mayor Sting
- Wave (voiced by Dan Garza) is Reeftown's octopus traffic guard. He has an extensive knowledge of the ocean, and often assists the gang in their adventures.
- Tidy is a garabaldi, who serves as a kelp forest ranger.
- Gush, an intelligent frogfish who is shown to have experience in dancing.
- Flo, a hawksbill sea turtle who acts as Reeftown's medical professional.
- Finney, a green dragonet who has similar interests with Bubbles, like being messy.
- Iris, a shy butterflyfish who tries to find fit into her new lifestyle at Reeftown.
- Mrs. Leafy and Mr. Leafy are a friendly leafy seadragon couple that reside in a kelp forest off the coast of Australia.
- Gary Rusak (October 1, 2015). "Revving up for Brand Licensing Show". Kidscreen. Retrieved November 26, 2016.
- Mercedes Milligan (May 19, 2016). "PBS KIDS Dates Premiere for Henson's 'Splash and Bubbles'". Animation Magazine. Retrieved November 23, 2016.
- "Splash and Bubbles". NInja Puppet Productions. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- "New wave of TV cartoons urge children to save seas". Phys.org. October 17, 2016. Retrieved November 24, 2016.
- "Splash and Bubbles". Twin Cities PBS. Retrieved November 24, 2016.
- "Splash and Bubbles". WTTW Chicago Public Media. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- "Finball Friends". PBS Kids. Retrieved November 23, 2016.