|Original author(s)||Divide Frame|
|Developer(s)||Sony Creative Software|
Mac OS X|
|Type||Digital audio editor|
|Website||Sony SpectraLayers: Product page|
Sony SpectraLayers is a digital audio editing software suite published by Sony Creative Software. It is designed for advanced audio spectrum editing, catering to professional and semi-professional users.
SpectraLayers is an advanced audio spectrum editor which allows extraction of sounds, audio restoration and creative sound design through the use of a spectral view. Its interface is similar to an image editor.
SpectraLayers is an audio editor first developed by Divide Frame and published by Sony originally as SpectraLayers Pro in July 2012. SpectraLayers Pro 2, released in July 2013, improved speed and added features like Spectral Casting/Molding, markers and metadata support, and non-linear scales. The current version as of January 2015 is SpectraLayers Pro 3.
- Sony Showcases New Technology at NAB
- Sound on Sound review of SpectraLayers Pro 2
- MusicRadar review of SpectraLayers Pro
- DoddleNews review of SpectraLayers Pro 2
- AskAudio Magazine review of SpectraLayers Pro 2
- Electronic Musician review of SpectraLayers Pro 2
- Sony Releases Free Update to Sound Forge Pro Mac and Version Upgrade to SpectraLayers Pro Audio Editing Applications