Special Operations Command (France)
The Commandement des Opérations Spéciales (COS; "Special Operations Command") is the organisation which coordinates the use of the French special forces of all military branches (Army, Navy, and Air Force). Similar to USSOCOM or UKSF, COS was created on 24 June 1992, following the Gulf War. Its role is to direct and coordinate missions for special forces units; these are permanently under its direct command and immediately available for action.The command is led by a Général de brigade or Contre-Amiral, a NATO OF-6 post.
Armée de Terre (Army)
- Army Special Forces Brigade
Marine Nationale (Navy)
- Force des Fusiliers Marins et Commandos (FORFUSCO)
Armée de l'Air (Air Force)
- Air Parachute Commando n° 10, CPA 10 (French: Commando parachutiste de l'air n° 10) (CPA 10; "No. 10 Air Parachute Commando")
- Division des Opérations Spéciales (DOS; "Special Operations Division")
- Division des Opérations Spéciales/Transport (DOS/T; "Special Operations Division, Transport section") today, the Escadron de transport 3/61 "Poitou" – Uses C-130 Hercules and C-160 Transall.
- Division des Opérations Spéciales / Hélicoptères (DOS/H; "Special Operations Division, Helicopter section"). Integrated into the 4th RHFS.