|Founders||Thierry Petit, David Dayan|
|Headquarters||La Plaine Saint-Denis, France|
Number of employees
Showroomprive.com is a French e-commerce company, specialised in online flash sales.
Founded in 2006, the website offers daily exclusive sales of famous brands, in France and in 8 other European countries. 10 years later, the group has become one of the biggest online retailers in Europe and has reached more than 26 million members.
Since its beginning, the website's sales and revenue have increased steadily. In 2015, the net revenue of Showroomprivé reached €443M, with an average annual growth rate of 28%. The company has a net revenue goal of €750M by 2018.
Showroomprive.com was launched in France in 2006 by Thierry Petit and David Dayan, two entrepreneurs with different backgrounds in fashion and in digital technology.
Thierry Petit graduated in engineering and has been a business angel for more than 20 years. He became recognised for creating the first price comparator in France, Toobo.com and is now one of the most influential businessmen within the French digital sector. He is the Vice-President of the France Digitale association and continues to invest in new innovation projects.
David Dayan has been working in fashion retail since he was a teenager. He started in his family outlet business and became CEO of France Export, before creating Showroomprivé with Thierry Petit.
In 2010, the American investment fund Accel Partners, specialised in digital companies, bought into the capital of Showroomprivé for €37M.
In 2010, the company settled in Spain, thus paving the way for major development in Europe. The group is now present in Italy (2011), in the UK (2011), in the Netherlands (2012), in Portugal (2013), in Belgium (2013), in Poland (2013) and in Germany (2015).
The logistics are managed by Dispeo, Showroomprivé's partner since 2014. This platform can ship 200,000 orders each day. In 2015, 10 million parcels were dispatched for Showroomprivé. In the long term, this partnership is meant to create 400 jobs in the North of France.
In June 2015, Showroomprivé launched its own fashion and innovation hub called LOOK FORWARD, to encourage and promote innovative projects which change the production, distribution and consumption of fashion goods. This project accelerator helps entrepreneurs every year and participates in the creation of a wide digital/fashion ecosystem.
In February 2016, the incubator organised its first Fashion Tech Festival in Paris on the future of fashion, where conferences, workshops and exhibitions took place. To close the first edition, a ceremony awarded innovative and promising entrepreneurs.
- "Année record pour Showroomprivé en 2015". Ecommercemag.fr. 18 February 2016. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- Olivier Harmant. "Comment Showroomprivé veut se différencier de ses rivaux". FrenchWeb.fr. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- "Showroomprive.com choisit la Bourse comme vitrine". Lesechos.fr. 9 September 2015. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- Adeline Raynal. "Thierry Petit (Showroomprivé) " En France, on manque d'outils pour motiver les salariés". FrenchWeb.fr. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- "Info du jour : Thierry Petit & David Dayan, fondateurs du site showroom privé.com" (in French). Info-entreprise.com. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- "Showroomprivé : 37 millions d'euros pour concurrencer Vente-privée". Clubic.com. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- Auteur : Philippe Guerrier (30 October 2015). "Showroomprivé est soulagé : 256 millions d'euros levés via Euronext". Itespresso.fr. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- "Showroomprivé ouvre un bureau en Espagne – Fashion jobs, emploi, mode, actualité, offres d'emploi, luxe, France, Paris, mode emploi, fashionjob, FashionUnited". Fashionunited.fr. 23 September 2014. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- "Showroomprivé continue son expansion à l'international". Clubic.com. 28 June 2016. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- "Showroomprive.com se développe à l'international". Ecommercemag.fr. 8 March 2012. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- "Thierry Petit (Showroomprivé) : "Nous avons enregistré un volume d'affaires de 480 millions d'euros en 2014" – JDN" (in French). Journaldunet.com. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- "L'e-commerce transfrontalier pérennise la". Lsa-conso.fr. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- Auteur : Clément Bohic (20 June 2014). "Showroomprivé acquiert Saldi Privati : deal à 28 millions d'euros en Italie". Itespresso.fr. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- "Pourquoi les 3 Suisses emballent les colis de Showroomprivé". Lefigaro.fr. 17 September 2014. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- 01-minute (8 June 2015). "Showroomprivé lance son incubateur, Aides et Réseaux – Les Echos Business". Business.lesechos.fr. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- Amandine Garcia (27 January 2016). "Weareable : le festival de la mode innovante s'installe à Paris – Elle". Elle.fr. Retrieved 2016-11-10.