Shine TV (UK)
|Founded||London, UK (2000)|
|Elisabeth Murdoch (founder)|
21st Century Fox (50%)|
Apollo Global Management (50%)
Shine Limited was founded in March 2001 by Elisabeth Murdoch, daughter of News Corporation CEO Rupert Murdoch. The company was 80% owned by Elisabeth Murdoch, 15% by Lord Alli, and 5% by BSkyB, which signed a deal guaranteeing to buy an agreed amount of Shine programming for two years.
In 2006 Shine acquired Kudos Film and Television, Princess Productions and Dragonfly Film and Television Productions to create the Shine Group, although they still operate as four separate entities. In October 2014, 21st Century Fox and Apollo Global Management announced the planned merger of Shine Group with Endemol and Core Media Group. This was finalised in 2015.
- 100 Greatest Sexy Moments - three-hour documentary countdown broadcast on Channel Four that explored the "turn ons" of the average Briton
- Battle of the Brains - team played game show on BBC Two presented by Paddy O'Connell
- The Biggest Loser - reality weight loss show on ITV1 presented by Kate Garraway in 2009 (daytime edition) and Davina McCall in 2011 (primetime edition)
- Charles & Camilla: Madly In Love - documentary broadcast on Sky One tracing the path of the relationship between the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall from their first meeting to their marriage in 2005
- Demons - supernatural drama series that premiered on ITV and ITVBe on 3 January 2009
- Gladiators - the 2008–2009 revival of the game show on Sky One
- Got to Dance - dance reality series that premiered on Sky 1 in January 2010
- Hex - supernatural drama that aired on Sky One in 2004–2005
- Masterchef Goes Large - Celebrity Masterchef - revived version of the cookery show, starring Gregg Wallace and John Torode; the latest in the Masterchef format is Masterchef: The Professionals, with judges Gregg Wallace and Michel Roux
- Merlin - fantasy action adventure series for BBC1
- Sugar Rush - comedy drama series based on the novel by Julie Burchill that was broadcast on Channel 4 in 2005–2006
- The Unofficial World Records of Sex (UWROS) - x-rated comedy broadcast on Sky One that explores record breaking feats of a biological nature
- The What in the World? Quiz - scientific panel game hosted by Marcus Brigstocke for Five
- Hunted - Channel 4 reality show where a group of every day civilians are willingly sent on the run from a team known as hunters, for 28 days
- Rupe's kin takes a Shine to the TV biz Letters From London
- "21st Century Fox and Apollo Seal Deal to Merge Shine, Endemol and Core". Variety. 2014-10-10. Retrieved 2014-10-17.