Cover of English Servamp volume one.
|Written by||Strike Tanaka|
|Published by||Media Factory|
|Magazine||Monthly Comic Gene|
|Original run||April 2011 – present|
|Anime television series|
|Written by||Kenji Konuta|
|Music by||Kenji Kawai|
|Network||AT-X, Tokyo MX, SUN, Mētele, BS Nittele|
|Original run||July 5, 2016 – September 20, 2016|
Servamp (Japanese: SERVAMP -サーヴァンプ- Hepburn: Sāvanpu) is a Japanese manga series by Strike Tanaka, serialized in Media Factory's shōjo manga magazine Monthly Comic Gene since 2011. It has been collected into ten tankōbon volumes. The series is licensed in North America by Seven Seas Entertainment. A television anime adaptation began airing on July 5, 2016 and concluded on September 20, 2016 with 12 episodes.
Mahiru Shirota is a normal high-school student who likes something simple. One day, on his way back home, he found a black cat and decided to take care of him, naming him Kuro. However, the next day, he is surprised to find out that the black cat is in fact, one of the seven Vampire that represents Seven Deadly Sins, Sleepy Ash that represents Sloth and he will turn into cat when exposed to sunlight. From the moment Mahiru calls his given name in his human form and gives him a neck collar, Mahiru has formed a temporary contract with Sleepy Ash. Their contract is finalized once Sleepy Ash drinks his blood, making Sleepy Ash a vampire servant known as "Servamp" and Mahiru as his master called "Eve". Following this, Mahiru and Sleepy Ash encounters Tsubaki, a vampire who claims to be the servamp of melancholy and the unknown eighth brother of Sleepy Ash and the other servamps. Tsubaki intends to wage an all out war against the seven servamps. Mahiru decides to gather the seven servamps to fight together against Tsubaki and his group.
- Mahiru Shirota (城田真昼 Shirota Mahiru)
- Voiced by: Takuma Terashima (drama CD, anime) (Japanese); Clifford Chapin (English)
- A Freshman High School student who lost his mother to an accident at a young age. Having no father to take care of him, he was then left in the care of his ever-busy uncle. Thanks to this, Mahiru grew up mostly alone and has developed many talents for household chores because of his time alone. Mahiru's talent for housework has also extended into his school life where he often uses them for class projects and the like. After discovering Sleepy Ash as a cat and eventually becoming his Eve, he obtains a Lead (essentially a conjured tool for Eves) in the form of a Broomstick. Kuro later notes in irony that it's what may represent him the most due to Mahiru's personality, and that it was the first thing that he used to hit Kuro with when they met. However, his Lead later changes form into a Spear, giving Mahiru more physical prowess. Mahiru's catchphrase is "Thinking simply, it's got to be me!"
- Misono Alicein (有栖院 御園 Arisuin Misono)
- Voiced by: Hiro Shimono (drama CD, anime) (Japanese); Christopher Bevins (English)
- Lily's Eve, a high school student who is in the same year as Mahiru. Misono comes from a very wealthy family and unfortunately possesses a very weak physical composition, which causes him to be easily exhausted. He has a tendency to look down on others such as when he commanded Mahiru to work for him in stopping Tsubaki, but it's possible that this may be due to lack of social skills. He is a child born from the affair between his father and a servant. The affair caused his father's wife to kill his real mother out with Doubt Doubt's help. However, she spared Misono and decided to raise him as her own son. Unfortunately, she eventually tried to kill Misono, leading Mikuni to kill her to save Misono's life. Misono was initially unaware of this and hated his brother, but eventually learns the truth. Misono's Lead is a chair which he often sits in to rest, and has so far shown creative uses for said chair in combat.
- Mikuni Alicein (有栖院 御国 Arisuin Mikuni)
- Voiced by: Tetsuya Kakihara (anime) (Japanese); Christopher Wehkamp (English)
- Jeje's Eve, Misono's older brother and an antique dealer. Misono bears resentment towards Mikuni for killing their mother and then took Doubt with him. It's later revealed that Mikuni and Misono are actually half-brothers, Misono born as the result of their father's affair with a servant, which led to Mikuni's mother to kill Misono's real mother out of jealousy. Mikuni accepted what happened, but was disgusted of his father as the result. Unfortunately, Doubt's power eventually took the toll on his mother and she tried to kill Misono. To protect his brother, Mikuni killed his mother and took Doubt Doubt with him since then.
- Tetsu Sendagaya (千駄ヶ谷 鉄 Sendagaya Tetsu)
- Voiced by: Yūki Ono (drama CD, anime) (Japanese); Chris Rager (English)
- Old Child's Eve, a junior high school student who works in an onsen. He tends to be very soft-spoken and simple-minded. Despite being a junior-high student, Tetsu has a tall and big stature that people often mistake him for a college student. Tetsu doesn't seem to care at all that he's associated with vampires, shown by how he often carries around his Lead (in his case, a giant indestructible coffin) which he even uses to advertise for his family's Onsen, since he doesn't know how to get rid of it.
- Licht Jekylland Todoroki (リヒト・ジキルランド・轟 Rihito Jikirurando Todoroki)
- Voiced by: Nobunaga Shimazaki (drama CD, anime) (Japanese); Aaron Dismuke (English)
- Lawless' Eve, a world-known Austrian pianist. Licht's personality can only be described as bizarre; he seems to consider himself an Angel, and even strikes poses while wearing a white backpack with angel wings attached. Otherwise it's outright rare to see him smile as he's always got a scowl of some sort on his face. Licht has a violent streak, often brutally attacking other vampires (which he labels "Demons"). Licht also has an intense hatred for Lawless in particular, who he often calls a "rotten hedgehog" and is prone to tormenting or attacking him. Licht possesses two Leads: A pair of powerful boots which can slow the regeneration abilities of vampires he kicks with, and a Grand Piano on which he can play various songs with often debilitating effects on those who listen to them.
- Sleepy Ash (スリーピーアッシュ Surīpī Asshu)
- Voiced by: Yūki Kaji (drama CD, anime) (Japanese); Chuck Huber (English)
- A servamp, or servant vampire, of Sloth. The name given to him by Mahiru as part of their Servamp contract is Kuro (クロ), due to the color of his cat form's fur. Kuro is the eldest of the seven Servamp siblings and according to Mikuni, arguably the most powerful of them. This is contrary to Kuro's lazy personality, as he often can be found dozing off, playing video games, or eating junk food in Mahiru's house. So far, he is the only servamp without any subclass, because he doesn't know whether the person want to live longer or not and decided not to have one. Kuro's past is mired in mystery to Mahiru, as he is rarely ever willing to discuss it. The mere mention of his past was enough to make the usual lazy Kuro to become angered. It's revealed that Kuro had a falling out with Lawless because he decided to kill the one who made them Vampires after receiving the request from C3. The reason for accepting the request is because he thinks that the world doesn't need "monsters" like them anymore. Following the request, Sleepy Ash killed his own creator, but this haunted Kuro who then regretting his action. His regret and grief made Kuro decide to not do anything unless someone tells him to until Mahiru urges him to face his own mistake, which also significantly improves Kuro and Mahiru's friendship. Kuro has two animal forms, first is his normal cat form and second is his giant lion form. Kuro's primary weapons are a pair of deadly, razor-sharp claws that can easily skewer targets.
- Tsubaki (椿 Tsubaki)
- Voiced by: Tatsuhisa Suzuki (drama CD, anime) (Japanese); Micah Solusod (English)
- The vampire of Melancholy. This mysterious man introduces himself as the eighth servamp and the youngest sibling, despite the fact that there are only supposed to be seven. Tsubaki has a psychotic and unstable personality, which is evident through his stated desire to "kill everyone who doesn't know him". His motives and past are currently unclear. Tsubaki commanded a sizable force of Subclass vampires until Lawless of Greed massacred almost all of them during their attempt to kill his Eve during a concert. His animal form is a fox. His primary weapon is a Katana.
- All of Love (オールオブラブ Āru obu Rabu)
- Voiced by: Kazuma Horie (drama CD, anime) (Japanese); Jerry Jewell (English)
- All of Love, also known as the Servamp of Lust, is the Servamp of Misono Alicein. The name given to him for his contract is Snow Lily (スノウリリイ Sunou Rirī) or simply Lily. He is the second youngest of the eight known Servamps, and has a tendency to strip no matter the occasion. For generations he has served the Misono family alongside Doubt Doubt, the Servamp of Envy. After Mikuni killed his mother to protect Misono years before, Lily manipulated Misono's memory so he won't remember the reason behind Mikuni's banishment from the house out of fear that Misono would reject him for being the representation of lust. When Misono finds out Lily's manipulation without knowing the truth, the bond between him and Misono becomes strained for a moment, giving Otogiri the opportunity to destroy his pocket watch that was also the source of his power, greatly weakening him. Since then, Lily is mostly bedridden and lost his tendency to strip as his body becomes weaker. His animal form is butterfly. His primary weapon is a conjured Scythe that can cut the "spirits" of it's victims, rendering them unconscious.
- Doubt Doubt (ダウトダウト Dauto Dauto)
- Voiced by: Kenjiro Tsuda (anime) (Japanese); Christopher R. Sabat (English)
- The Servamp of Envy, and bound by contract under the name Jeje (ジェジェ) to Mikuni Alicein. Jeje is the third eldest Servamp, and possesses a quiet personality. He rarely speaks and often mumbles when he does. Jeje used to serve Mikuni's mother and has been protecting Alicein family together with Lily for generations. However, seven years ago, Jeje's power started to corrupt Mikuni's mother, leading her to kill Misono's mother, and Jeje erased any evidence of her murder. She eventually tried to kill Misono himself. This attempt was stopped by Mikuni who killed his mother and then takes Jeje with him, leaving the house. His animal form is snake. Jeje's primary weapons are a pair of conjured fully automatic guns that are mostly hidden by his massive sleeves.
- Old Child (オールドチャイルド Ōrudo Chairudo)
- Voiced by: Ayumu Murase (drama CD, anime) (Japanese); Kate Oxley (English)
- Old Child is the Servamp of Pride and is bound by contract to Tetsu Sendagaya. His contract name is Hugh (ヒュー Hyū) and is the second oldest of the Servamp siblings. This is despite his tiny stature, being no bigger than 2'6. Hugh's most notable personality feature is his childish sense of pride, such as how he claims that Tetsu's blood is absolutely gourmet. Out of all the Servamps, Hugh has the most Subclasses to the point where they are practically his information network; he often uses them to gather intel on Tsubaki or indulge in his obsession with other people's love stories. During the group's attempt to rescue Licht and Lawless, Hugh fell into Tsubaki's trap and got defeated by him, losing his power. As there result of the loss of his power, Hugh's character totally change from being childish to that of a old man, having walking and memory issues.
- Lawless (ロウレス Rōresu)
- Voiced by: Ryōhei Kimura (drama CD, anime) (Japanese); Ian Sinclair (English)
- Lawless is the Servamp of Greed and is the fourth youngest Servamp, bound by contract to Licht Jekylland Todoroki. His contract name is Hyde (ハイド Haido), which coincides with Licht's middle name "Jekylland", referencing the story of Jekyll and Hyde and symbolizing their antagonistic relationship. Lawless' personality is extremely unstable, as he has no interest in the value of human life and is often prone to brutally slaughtering anyone in his way. According to the Servamp of Pride, Lawless has a habit of killing his Eves if they don't amuse him or if he's bored of them. Licht, however, is an exception as Lawless enjoys his naive personality and his habit of calling himself an Angel. He used to be a Servamp of a princess named Ophelia, and fell in love with her. However, he was heartbroken when she married a prince from neighbouring country and was then executed, refusing to escape with Lawless because she wanted peace between both countries. Lawless' condition worsened after he had a falling out with Kuro who decided to kill their own creator himself, leading Lawless to become the way he is now. After Licht helped him realized his true wishes, Lawless abandoned his previous view about life and finally reconciled with Kuro.
- The Mother (ザ・マザー Za Mazā)
- Voiced by: Ami Koshimizu (anime)
- The Servamp of Wrath and the only female Servamp. She always looks frowning, making people mistake her as being angry, though she's only trying to act cool. She was married to her Eve and they own an apple farm together. She is later confined in C3 Tokyo HQ along with her two subclasses, Gil and Ray, though she doesn't make a move nor has any intention to escape from her confinement until Lawless and Licht frees her. She reveals that a week before her confinement, her Eve died of old age. Lawless requests her to help stop Tsurugi, which she agreed to and saves Tsurugi when he was drowning after getting defeated by her subclasses who were trying to free her. She and Tsurugi are then trapped in the falling floor due to the impact of the prison break. To save both herself and Tsurugi, The Mother suggests that Tsurugi become her new Eve.
- World End (ワールドエンド Wārudo Endo)
- Voiced by: Junichi Suwabe (anime)
- The Servamp of Gluttony. True to the sin he embodies, he has an incredibly huge appetite, able to eat the whole restaurant menu. Unfortunately, he is broke and doesn't have much money. He proclaimed himself as Sleepy Ash's rival.
- Sakuya Watanuki (綿貫桜哉 Watanuki Sakuya)
- Voiced by: Toshinari Fukamachi (drama CD), Yūto Suzuki (anime) (Japanese); Brian Olvera (English)
- Mahiru's classmate and Tsubaki's subclass. When he was a child, he lived with his older sister and their parents. Their parents were abusive and mistreated them. One night, Sakuya watched his sister jumped from their apartment room, being forced by their parents so they can get her insurance money, but not before she made them promise to spare Sakuya. Unfortunately, years later, Sakuya was forced to do the same, and when he was dying, he was saved by Tsubaki, becoming his subclass. Sakuya first met Mahiru when they were middle-school, becoming friends with him and he even went as far as manipulating Mahiru's memory to make him think that they were childhood friends. After Mahiru got into a contract with Sleepy Ash, Sakuya removed the fake memories from Mahiru and attacked him, wishing for Mahiru to end his life. Mahiru, however, refused to kill him and instead promise that he will free him from Tsubaki's control.
- Belkia (ベルキア Berukia)
- Voiced by: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (drama CD, anime) (Japanese); Mike McFarland (English)
- Tsubaki's subclass, a somewhat eccentric childish man who fights with magical playing cards and takes the form of a doll. He first appears in the first chapter, being ordered by Tsubaki to take down both Kuro and Mahiru, only to get defeated by Kuro after Mahiru finalized their contract.
- Shamrock (シャムロック Shamurokku)
- Voiced by: Wataru Hatano (anime) (Japanese); Michael Johnson (English)
- Otogiri (オトギリ)
- Voiced by: Atsumi Tanezaki (anime) (Japanese); Apphia Yu (English)
- She is the only known Tsubaki's female subclass. She is mostly wearing nurse outfit. She has special ability to use her strings to bind her opponents and also controlling marionettes that will attack her opponents. If her ally is down, she can also use her strings to control her unconscious ally's body and move them to attack. She has a habit of finding something that is unexpected to be troublesome.
- Lilac (ライラ Raira)
- Voiced by: Yō Taichi (anime)
- Also known as Lila, he is Tsubaki's subclass who survived Lawless' massacre during the ambush at Licht's piano concert. He is saved by Mahiru from Lawless and is then used as a bargaining chip to exchange the Greed Pair when the two are captured.
- Higan (彼岸 Higan)
- Voiced by: Keiji Fujiwara (anime)
- He is Tsubaki's strongest subclass and is considered the number 2 in Tsubaki's group. He has the ability to creates fire from his hand and ignites flames from the scratches he made on his opponents' body. When drinking a human blood, he will changes back into his much younger form that also significantly increases his power.
- Guildenstern (ギルデンスターン Girudensutān)
- Voiced by: Shunsuke Takeuchi (anime)
- He is Lawless' subclass who always covers his entire body by wearing Licht's whale mascot costume, Whale.
- Shuhei Tsuyuki (露木 修平 Tsuyuki Shuhei)
- Voiced by: Kaito Ishikawa (anime) (Japanese); Austin Tindle (English)
- He is a member of research team in C3. He has a deep hatred for vampires after his father, who was also a C3 member, was killed by Shamrock, one of Tsubaki's subclasses. Due to this, he initially wanted to be on the fighting team, but his bad fighting style forced him to stay in the research team. When he was in high school, he was Mikuni's underclassman and both don't get along well. He always anticipated many small things that will happen and he always prepared things necessary when the time comes, which becomes one of the running gags in the series.
- Tsurugi Kamiya (狼谷 吊戯 Kamiya Tsurugi)
- Voiced by: Hiroshi Kamiya (anime) (Japanese); Joel McDonald (English)
- He is one of the strongest C3 members from the fighting team. He is feared amongst vampires for mercilessly killing many of their kind, and seems to enjoy the act. He was born and grew up in C3 under the guidance of C3 Tokyo branch's vice manager, Taishi Touma. While he is cruel and even sadistic in slaying his enemies, he is cheerful and childish around other people, especially around Jun'ichirou and Yumikage who are his best friends. He claims he has no pride an will do anything as long as he gets paid and even will bend on his knees to practically anyone for it. Harshly trained under Touma's brainwash, Tsurugi's mind becomes very unstable that he will blindly follows his order and kill whoever's in his way be it vampires or humans, even his own close friends under twisted impression it's for their own protection. He also used to be partnered with Mikuni and Jeje during Mikuni's times in C3. Tsurugi and Mikuni dislike each other so much that both have no hesitation to kill each other.
- Jun'ichirou Kurumamori (車守盾一郎 Kurumamori Junichirou)
- Voiced by: Yoshimasa Hosoya (anime)
- He is one of C3 members from the fighting team who is partnered with Tsurugi and Yumikage.
- Yumikage Tsukimitsu (月満弓景 Tsukimitsu Yumikage)
- Voiced by: Daisuke Ono (anime)
- He is one of C3 members from the fighting team who is partnered with Tsurugi and Jun'ichirou.
- Taishi Touma (塔間泰士 Touma Taishi)
- He is the vice manager of C3 Tokyo branch.
- Ryusei (流星 Ryūsei)
- Voiced by: Genki Okawa (anime) (Japanese); Stephen Sanders (English)
- He is one of Mahiru's close friends since childhood.
- Koyuki (小雪 Koyuki)
- Voiced by: Kōtarō Nishiyama (anime) (Japanese); Alejandro Saab (English)
- He is one of Mahiru's close friends since childhood.
- Toru Shirota (徹城田 Tōru Shirota)
- Voiced by: Yōji Ueda (anime) (Japanese); Sonny Strait (English)
- He is Mahiru's uncle who took Mahiru into his care after his mother passed away due to an accident. Due to his work that requires him to work abroad, Toru rarely returns home and only came once in a while. Mahiru looks up to his uncle and considers him as his role model, taking a few of his characteristics.
- Johannes Mimir Faustus (ヨハネス・ミーミル・ファウストゥス Yohanesu Mīmiru Fausutousu)
- Voiced by: Kōji Yusa (anime) (Japanese); Justin Briner (English)
- He is a researcher who is obsessed with researching vampires, taking delight in doing an experiment on them. He is also an acquaintance of Mikuni.
- Julie (ユリー)
- Voiced by: Ayaka Nanase (anime) (Japanese); Kristen McGuire (English)
- She is Lily's subclass and Marie's twin sister.
- Marie (マリー)
- Voiced by: Sayaka Senbongi (anime) (Japanese); Kristi Rothrock (English)
- She is Lily's subclass and Julie's twin sister.
- Doudou Eisuke (洞堂永介)
- Voiced by: Kouji Takahashi (anime)
- He is a servant of Alicein household. He was an orphan who was saved and taken in by Lily when he was a child.
- Rosen Kranz (クランツ・ローゼン Kurantsu Rōzen)
- Voiced by: Hikaru Midorikawa (anime)
- He is Licht's manager.
- Ophelia (オフィーリア Ofīria)
- Voiced by: Yumi Uchiyama (anime)
- She was Lawless' eve whom Lawless fell in love with hundreds of years before the story. She was a princess of unknown country who made contract with Lawless since she was a child. She wished for peace of both her country and the enemy's country, so she married the prince of the enemy's country. However, the marriage was a ploy by her kingdom, leading her to be executed. Even though she could escape, she refused to do so and instead determined to bring the two countries together by becoming the symbol of peace, conveying her wish before she got executed. As had hoped, the two countries were united and she became the symbol of peace. Unfortunately, the country eventually got destroyed by another bigger country. Her death gave a strong impact on Lawless who began to think that all lives are worthless and meaningless and no one is unique.
Strike Tanaka began publishing Sevamp in the first issue of Media Factory's Monthly Comic Gene magazine in April 2011, where it was first tentatively titled Eve and Servamps. The chapters from the magazine have been collected into eleven tankōbon that have been released by Kadokawa. In July, 2014 Seven Seas Entertainment announced it had licensed the series for publication in North America. Seven adapted English language manga volumes have been released, with more announced. In addition to print material, the series also inspired six drama CDs, the first of which was released with volume six of the manga in July 2014.
In addition to drama CDs the series has also produced several character song CDs, as well as an original soundtrack CD. In total there have been five character pair CDs, released in 2015, as well as a character song mini-album and an original soundtrack, both to be released in October 2016. The anime series also had an opening song, "Deal With" by Oldcodex, and an ending song, "Sunlight Avenue" by Takuma Terashima.
A television anime adaptation was announced in the August issue of Monthly Comic Gene. It was reported by Oricon Style that the adaptation would be a television series. The anime will be produced by Brain's Base with Itto Sara serving as the chief director, Hideaki Nakano as director and Kenji Konuta handling series composition, with character designs by Junko Yamanaka and music by Kenji Kawai. The anime has begun airing in July 2016. Funimation has licensed the series for streaming on their website.
|1||"Mahiru and Kuro"|
"Mahiru to Kuro" (真昼とクロ)
|July 5, 2016||—|
|Mahiru Shirota is a high school student who likes simple things and dislike complicated things, so he picked up a cat that he named Kuro. The next day, he finds out that Kuro is actually a vampire who will change into a cat if exposed to sunlight. Mahiru accidentally makes a contract with Kuro the moment he calls his given name in his human form. Kuro explains that he is a special type of vampire who makes contract and serves humans and the vampire can only drink blood from his master and must listen to his order. Mahiru has made a temporary contract with him, and as long as he doesn't drink Mahiru's blood for 24 hours, the contract is cancelled. Until then, he cannot be separated from Mahiru. While shopping, they are attacked by another vampire, Belkia. Although initially reluctant, Kuro saves Mahiru from Belkia and Mahiru decides to finalise their contract by making Kuro drink his blood. With the contract made, Kuro becomes a servant vampire called Servamp and Mahiru as his master called Eve. With the power of their contract, Kuro easily defeats Belkia.|
|July 12, 2016||—|
|Mahiru and Kuro are approached by Tsubaki, the vampire who ordered Belkia to attack Kuro. He reveals that there are seven known Servamp siblings, each represents the Seven Deadly Sins, however, he then introduces himself as the eighth Servamp of Melancholy. To stop Tsubaki, Mahiru attempts to form a contract with him, leading Tsubaki try to kill him, but before he can do so, another Servamp, All of Love, saves Mahiru and Kuro. The pair are approached by the Eve of Servamp of Lust, Misono Alicein who then introduces All of Love now goes by the name Snow Lily. He demands Mahiru to give Kuro to him to get rid of Tsubaki, but Mahiru instead offers an alliance between them.|
|3||"About the Future That Never Came" |
"Otozurenakatta Mirai ni Tsuite" (訪れなかった未来について)
|July 19, 2016||—|
|Misono reveals that each Eve can receives a weapon from a Servamp called Lead, so Mahiru asks Kuro to give him one, which takes the form of a broom. Meanwhile, one of Mahiru's close friends, Sakuya, is revealed to be one of Tsubaki's subclasses like Belkia. The next day, Mahiru realises that his memories regarding Sakuya starts to disappear. Sakuya then approaches and lures Mahiru and Kuro to an alley where he reveals that he and Mahiru only know each other for a year and his connection with Tsubaki as Belkia and another subclass, Otogiri, attacks Mahiru and Kuro. The two are saved by Misono and Lily who manages to defeat Belkia, but Otogiri uses her ability to control Belkia's unconscious body while Sakuya severely injured Misono. Horrified at Sakuya's action, Mahiru decides to fight despite his own dilemma.|
|July 26, 2016||—|
|Mahiru's uncertainty overflows within Kuro, causing him to lose control of his power. As Mahiru is engulfed by Kuro's power, Sakuya tries to help him as he reveals that he acted the way he did so Mahiru will kill him. Kuro is stopped by the Servamp of Envy, Doubt Doubt who goes by the name Jeje, and the subclasses are forced to retreat. Jeje's Eve, an antique dealer, offers Mahiru a chance to cancel the contract between him and Kuro if he feels like it. The incident leaves Mahiru confuses about the way he is using his power. By a chance, he meets Tsubaki at a sushi bar and asks how Sakuya became his subclass. Tsubaki explains that Sakuya used to be a child who is abused by his parents together with his older sister. His older sister is forced into suicide so their parents can earn the insurance money, and they forced Sakuya the same six years later and Tsubaki saves them by turning him into his subclass. Mahiru confronts Sakuya at the school festival and the two made amends with Mahiru promises he will stop Tsubaki so Sakuya can be freed.|
|5||"I Am an Adult. This is Society" |
"Ore wa Otona, Koko wa Shakai" (俺は大人, ここは社会)
|August 2, 2016||—|
|Mahiru receives a letter that Kuro quickly dismisses as being a prank. At a summer festival, Mahiru is asked by someone to take a silver case to lost and found stall. On his way, he meets a young man carrying a coffin who claims that there's a vampire sleeping inside it. An explosion occurs which came from the silver case Mahiru is carrying. Mahiru quickly calls Kuro to throw it into sky, but it fell earlier. The young man from earlier blocks the explosion with his coffin, introducing himself as Tetsu Sendagaya and the Eve of Servamp of Pride, Old Child who goes by the name Hugh. After forming alliance with Tetsu and Hugh, Mahiru is kidnapped by a neutral organisation called C3 while Kuro is attacked by three C3 members. A C3 researcher, Shuhei Tsuyuki, demands Mahiru to give Kuro to them because they also want to stop Tsubaki, threatening that Mahiru will die due to the distance limit placed between Eve and Servamp in their contract. Refusing to cooperate, Mahiru escapes by himself and rescues Kuro.|
|6||"Angel or Demon" |
"Tenshi ka Akuma" (天使か悪魔)
|August 9, 2016||—|
|One of Hugh's subclasses informs them about a suspicious person defeating another subclass. Mahiru and Kuro tails the person who appears to have captured a Servamp who takes the form of a hedgehog. However, it's revealed that the person, Licht Jekllyland Todoroki, is in fact the Eve of the Servamp of Greed, Lawless, who is on bad terms with Kuro and refuses to cooperate with them. Finding out Licht to be a famous pianist and is holding a concert, Mahiru and Kuro goes to the concert to try convince him again, but realises that the concert is merely a trap set by Tsubaki who had sent subclasses to kill Licht and Lawless. However, Lawless manages to kill nearly the entire subclasses alone. Lawless and Kuro has a brief fight after Lawless brought up the past incident that involves the Servamps receiving order from C3 to kill a certain someone. Both are stopped by Licht who then is about to have another fight with Lawless but both are stopped by Lawless' subclass, Guildernstein. Afterwards, Mahiru takes custody of the sole survivor of Tsubaki's subclasses to get information. Meanwhile, Tsubaki, who is enraged at the death of his subclasses, directly confronts Lawless.|
|7||"Because I Am..." |
"Nazenara Ore wa" (なぜなら俺は)
|August 16, 2016||—|
|After bringing Tsubaki's subclass, Lilac, to their place, Mahiru thinks that Tsubaki will come and save Lilac just like he did to Belkia. While discussing this, Mahiru notices Kuro starts to act strange after the incident with Lawless regarding his past. The next day, Licht's manager, Kranz Rosen, explains that Lawless has gone missing and Licht is feeling unwell. Deducing that Tsubaki has attacked Lawless for revenge, Mahiru and Kuro quickly goes to look for the weaken Licht, who at the moment are fighting against Higan, one of Tsubaki's subclasses who is ordered to capture him. Mahiru and Kuro tries to help him, but Kuro suddenly becomes a black ball, resulting in Licht's capture. Using the cell phone belonged to Higan that he dropped, Misono contacts and demands Tsubaki to trade the Greed Pair with his subclass. Back at the lodging, Mahiru discovers that Kuro is unharmed inside the ball and vows to return him back to normal.|
|8||"Nothing Begins Without Action" |
"Hajime ni Okonai Ariki" (はじめに行いありき)
|August 23, 2016||—|
|Mahiru and Tetsu tries to free Kuro from the ball to no avail, until Mahiru remembers about the Eve of Servamp of Envy who seems to know more about vampires and decides to go to his antique shop while Misono, Tetsu, Lily, Hugh, Kranz, and Guilderstein comes up with the plan to save Licht and Lawless. From the picture in Higan's cell phone and Misono's servant, Dodo, they finds out that Tsubaki is staying at a hotel. At the antique shop, Mahiru and Kuro are welcomed by a doctor named Johan who is researching vampires. The antique dealer, revealed to be Misono's older brother Mikuni Alicein, explains that subclass can be killed if a Servamp drink its blood and Servamp can be broken by destroying the item that the Eve gave along with the name. Johan then has Mahiru drink something that sends him to Kuro's mind. Misono, Tetsu, Lily, and Hugh infiltrates the hotel Tsubaki is staying while the vampire is not present, only to find out they have fallen right into Tsubaki's trap.|
|9||"I'm Not Wrong" |
"Ore wa Machigattenai" (俺は間違ってない)
|August 30, 2016||—|
|Lawless' subclasses confronts Tsubaki to buy some times until Misono and the others successfully rescue Licht and Lawless. Misono and Lily fights against Sakuya at the basement while Tetsu and Hugh fights against Tsubaki's remaining subclasses. Mahiru, who has entered Kuro's mind, witness his memories that shows the Servamps are having a majority vote to decide whether they should kill their creator or not after receiving the request from C3. Kuro made the last decision and he chose to kill their creator, stating he will personally do the job. This earns him disdain from Lawless who greatly objects the request. When Kuro went to kill his creator, however, his resolve starts to waver but still decides to kill him. The incident makes Kuro to question his own action and since then decides to only do things because he is told to. Feeling Kuro's uncertainty, Mahiru urges Kuro to face his past actions and assures that he is there for him, convincing Kuro to return.|
|September 6, 2016||—|
|Lawless and Licht clashes against each other after a heated argument. Licht points out Lawless' attempt to run away from reality by devaluing people's lives. This enrages Lawless who then shows Licht his past. Hundreds of years ago, he was serving a princess named Ophelia who was his Eve at the time whom he fell in love with. However, he was heartbroken when Ophelia chose to marry a prince from neighbour country to avoid war. This didn't last long as Ophelia's marriage is a ploy by her kingdom to attack, leading Ophelia to be executed but not before she left an inspiring speech that eventually bring peace for both countries. After Ophelia's death, Lawless and the rest of the Servamps are called to a meeting regarding the request to kill their creator. Already in despair with Ophelia's death, Kuro's decision to kill their creator furthered disillusioned Lawless' view of human lives and finally reached its peak when the country that Ophelia had sacrificed her life to protect was destroyed by another bigger country. Now knowing Lawless' problem, Licht uses his piano play to urge Lawless to be honest with his own feelings and realizes his wishes as he calls Lawless with his current name: Hyde. With new resolve, both frees themselves from their confinement but are then confronted by Higan.|
|11||"For Not Forgiving Me" |
"Yurusanaide Kurete" (許さないでくれて)
|September 13, 2016||—|
|Lawless and Licht able to corners Higan, pushing the subclass to unleash his full power. Meanwhile, Mikuni and Jeje arrives and saves Misono and Lily from Sakuya, urging the Lust Pair to go to the floor where Tetsu and Hugh are fighting against Tsubaki's remaining subclasses. However, they find Hugh disappeared after he was trapped inside Belkia's magic box. Without any manpower left, Misono decided to retreat until Mahiru and Kuro, taking the form of giant black lion, saves them, easily defeating the subclasses. Back at Lawless and Licht, the Greed Pair finally defeats Higan using the combination of Licht's piano play and Lawless' swordsmanship just as Mahiru and Kuro arrives. Kuro takes the opportunity to finally reconciles with Lawless. Their relief is short-lived when Lila, still bitter at Lawless for killing his friends, steals Lawless' contract item. The situation worsens when Tsubaki arrives.|
|12||"Thinking Simply..." |
"Shinpuru ni Kangaete..." (シンプルに考えて)
|September 20, 2016||—|
|Tsubaki reveals that he has defeated Hugh and then proceeds to break Lawless' contract item, causing the Servamp to lose his power. Tsubaki then confronts Kuro, recognising his lion form as the one who killed their creator. Kuro tries to talk out Tsubaki from further harming them, but Tsubaki refuses to listen out of his twisted dedication to fulfil their creator's expectation. While Misono, Tetsu, Licht, and Lawless evacuates with C3's help, Mahiru decides to stay and fight together with Kuro. Confronting Tsubaki, Mahiru's weapon changed into a form of a key that unlocks Tsubaki's past. After being picked and turned into a vampire by the creator of Servamp, Tsubaki is unsure of his place among his vampire siblings and can only rely on his creator until Kuro killed him, which leads Tsubaki to seeks vengeance against Kuro. Determines to end the fighting, Mahiru and Kuro struggles against Tsubaki's attacks until Mahiru finally reaches Tsubaki, convincing him to stop. Afterwards, Tsubaki cut all ties with his subclasses and disappears, while Mahiru and his friends returns to their normal lives.|
On Anime News Network, Rebecca Silverman gave the first three English language adapted manga volumes a combined overall grade of B.
- "Strike Tanaka's Servamp Manga Gets Anime Adaptation". Anime News Network. July 13, 2015. Retrieved July 13, 2015.
- "Servamp TV Anime's 1st Promo Reveals July Premiere". Anime News Network. February 1, 2016. Retrieved February 1, 2016.
- "Servamp TV Anime Casts Ryohei Kimura, Nobunaga Shimazaki". Anime News Network. August 12, 2015. Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- "'Servamp' Broadcast Dub Anime Cast Revealed". The Fandom Post. July 19, 2016. Retrieved December 3, 2016.
- "Servamp Vampire Anime's Cast, TV Broadcast Listed". Anime News Network. July 15, 2015. Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- "Servamp TV Anime Casts Kenjiro Tsuda, Tetsuya Kakihara, Yuuto Suzuki". Anime News Network. December 17, 2015. Retrieved December 17, 2015.
- "Servamp TV Anime Casts Hikaru Midorikawa, Shunsuke Takeuchi". Anime News Network. August 8, 2016. Retrieved December 3, 2016.
- "Seven Seas Licenses 12 Beast, Servamp Manga". Anime News Network. July 30, 2015. Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- "Makoto Shinkai's New Hoshi o Ou Kodomo Film Gets Manga". Anime News Network. February 10, 2011. Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- "Servamp". Seven Seas Entertainment. Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- "SERVAMP-サーヴァンプ- １". Monthly Comic Gene (in Japanese). Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- "SERVAMP-サーヴァンプ- ２". Monthly Comic Gene (in Japanese). Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- "SERVAMP-サーヴァンプ- ３". Monthly Comic Gene (in Japanese). Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- "SERVAMP-サーヴァンプ- ４". Monthly Comic Gene (in Japanese). Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- "SERVAMP-サーヴァンプ- 5". Monthly Comic Gene (in Japanese). Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- "SERVAMP-サーヴァンプ- 6". Monthly Comic Gene (in Japanese). Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- "SERVAMP-サーヴァンプ- ７". Monthly Comic Gene (in Japanese). Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- "SERVAMP-サーヴァンプ- ８". Monthly Comic Gene (in Japanese). Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- "SERVAMP-サーヴァンプ- ９". Monthly Comic Gene (in Japanese). Retrieved January 7, 2016.
- "SERVAMP-サーヴァンプ- 10". Monthly Comic Gene (in Japanese). Retrieved October 10, 2016.
- "SERVAMP-サーヴァンプ- 10.5". Monthly Comic Gene (in Japanese). Retrieved October 10, 2016.
- "Servamp Character CD Vol.1: Mahiru & Kuro at Frontier Works online". Frontier Works. June 24, 2015. Retrieved October 10, 2016.
- "Servamp Character Song Mini-Album". Servamp Official Website. September 14, 2016. Retrieved October 10, 2016.
- "Servamp Original Soundtrack". Servamp Official Website. September 22, 2016. Retrieved October 10, 2016.
- "Deal With". Servamp Official Website. July 27, 2016. Retrieved October 10, 2016.
- "Sunlight Avenue". Servamp Official Website. August 17, 2016. Retrieved October 10, 2016.
- "STAFF&CAST - servamp" (in Japanese). Retrieved May 21, 2016.
- "Funimation to Stream D. Gray-man, Servamp, Tales of Zestiria, Danganronpa 3, Love Live! Sunshine!!, First Love Monster, Handa-kun, Tsukiuta, Time Travel Girl, XechS, Regalia". Anime News Network. June 23, 2016. Retrieved June 23, 2016.
- Silverman, Rebecca (October 3, 2015). "Servamp GN 1 - 3". Anime News Network. Retrieved October 6, 2015.
- Servamp at Seven Seas Entertainment
- Official anime website
- Servamp (manga) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- Servamp (anime) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia