|Full name||Sandvikens Idrottsförening|
Järngänget (The Iron Gang)|
Stålmännen (The Steel Men)
Rödvästarna (The Red Vests)
|Head Coach||Tony Andersson|
|League||Division 2 Norra Svealand|
|2013||Division 1 Norra, 12th (Relegated)|
Sandvikens IF is a Swedish football club located in Sandviken. The club, formed 6 June 1918, has played 21 seasons in the highest Swedish league, but is currently playing in the third highest Swedish league, Division 1. Sandvikens IF are affiliated to the Gestriklands Fotbollförbund.
As Sandviken is an industrial community, dominated by the steel and metal corporation Sandvik, the team has been much influenced by this. The name of the home ground, Jernvallen, would translate approximately as The Iron Ground, while the nicknames Järngänget and Stålmännen are self-explaining. Stålmännen has a double meaning, as it also is the plural form of Stålmannen, the Swedish name for Superman.
Season to season
As of 11 April 2013 Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- Best placement (3rd): 1935–36 – and gained thereby the Little Silver medals.
- Sandvikens IF – official site
- "Distrikten Kontaktuppgifter och tävlingar – Gestriklands Fotbollförbund – Svenskfotboll.se". Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- "GAIS – Lagfacta – Sandvikens IF". Retrieved 2010-09-21.
- "Norra Svealand — Division 2 – Fotbollsserier 2010 – Fotboll – everysport.com". Retrieved 2010-09-22.
- "Sweden Final Tables – Clas Glenning". Retrieved 2010-09-22.
- "Truppen 2013". Retrieved 2013-04-11.