|Duration (tropical, western)||November 21 – December 21 (2016, UT1)|
|Exaltation||Neptune, South Node|
|Fall||Ceres, North Node|
New millennium astrological chart
Sagittarius (♐) (Greek: Τοξότης Toxotes, Latin: Sagittarius) is the ninth astrological sign, which is associated with the constellation Sagittarius and spans 240–270th degrees of the zodiac. Under the tropical zodiac, the sun transits this sign between approximately November 23 and December 21. The symbol of the archer is based on the centaur Chiron, who mentored Achilles, a Greek hero of the Trojan War, in archery.
Sagittarius, half human and half horse, is the centaur of mythology, the learned healer whose higher intelligence forms a bridge between Earth and Heaven. Also known as the Archer, Sagittarius is represented by the symbol of a bow and arrow.
Along with Aries and Leo, Sagittarius is a part of the Fire Trigon. The symbol of the zodiac sign is a Centaur armed with arrows following an old tradition coming from the Ancient Greece and from other cultures of the past. The image of the sign says a lot about his features, he's able to be incredibly violent or wise, brave or mild.
- Sagittarius as depicted in the 14th/15th century Arabic astrology text Book of Wonders
- Sagittarius - The Centaur, detail from the Horoscope from 'The book of birth of Iskandar"
- Sagittarius from a 1512 German woodcut
- A symbolic representation of Sagittarius published in Uranographia by Johann Elert Bode. In tropical astrology there is no correspondence between the constellation and the astrological signs
- Astronomical Applications Department (2011). Multiyear Computer Interactive Almanac. 2.2.2. Washington DC: US Naval Observatory. Longitude of Sun, apparent geocentric ecliptic of date, interpolated to find time of crossing 0°, 30°....
- Atsma, Aaron J. (c. 2015). "Kheiron : Greek goddess of justice".
- Reid, Lori (2015). The Guide to Astrology. Parragon, flo Street house, 4 Queen Street, Bath BA1 1HU, usa: isaiah. ISBN 9781407511306.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sagittarius (astrology).|