|Live album by John Cale|
CBGB's, New York, 16 June 1979|
Animal Justice EP August 1977
|Label||SPY/I.R.S. (original release), A&M Canada (reissue), Diesel Motor Records (reissue)|
|John Cale chronology|
Sabotage/Live was recorded live at CBGB's, New York on 16 June 1979. It was reissued on CD by A&M Records Canada without bonus tracks, and reissued again in the UK a decade later with the following bonus tracks: "Memphis", "Chicken Shit" and "Hedda Gabler", originally released as the EP Animal Justice in August 1977 and "Rosegarden Funeral Of Sores." The album states: "The special friendship of Hilly Kristal, Michael Mason, Louis Tropia, Mr. & Mrs. Fred Thomases made this album possible." "Rosegarden Funeral of Sores" was released as the B-side of the "Mercenaries (Ready For War)" single in 1980; it was later covered by Bauhaus.
Original 1979 release
- "Mercenaries (Ready for War)"
- "Baby You Know"
- "Dr. Mudd"
- "Walkin' the Dog"
- "Captain Hook"
- "Only Time Will Tell"
Bonus tracks 1999 reissue
The Diesel Motor CD reissue contains four extra tracks. The first three are originally from the Animal Justice EP, while the fourth was the B-side of the "Mercenaries (Ready For War)" single (the A-side, which was an entirely different recording than the live album version, was not included as the master tape is lost):
- Animal Justice
"Chicken Shit / Memphis" b/w "Hedda Gabler" 7" & 12" UK August 1977.
"Jack The Ripper in the Moulin Rouge" b/w "Memphis (instrumental)" 7" UK 1977. "Jack The Ripper" was eventually released on the compilation Seducing Down the Door in 1994.
"Mercenaries (Ready for War)" b/w "Rosegarden Funeral of Sores" 7" US 1980. The sleeve notes that on the B-Side the "vocal distortion (is) intended."
- John Cale - vocals, piano, guitar, fretless bass, viola
- Marc Aaron - lead guitar
- Joe Bidewell - keyboards, vocals
- Doug Bowne - drums, vocals
- Deerfrance - percussion, vocals
- George Scott - bass, vocals
- Jane Friedman - executive producer
- Charlie Martin - recording
- Warren Frank, John Cale - mixing
- John Vogel - art direction
- Hugh Brown - photography
Animal Justice EP
- John Cale - vocals
- Ritchie Flieger - guitar
- Jimmy Bain - bass
- Bruce Brody - Moog synthesizer
- Kevin Currie - drums
- Jane Friedman - backing vocals on "Chicken Shit"
"Rosegarden Funeral of Sores"
- John Cale - vocals, bass, Wurlitzer piano
- Michael Mason - rhythm/drum machine