Tony Cervone |
Matt Lieberman |
by Joe Ruby
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
S.C.O.O.B. is an upcoming American 3D computer animated film featuring characters from the Scooby-Doo cartoon franchise. It is co-directed by Tony Cervone and Dax Shepard, and written by Matt Lieberman and Shepard. Warner Bros. will release the film on September 21, 2018, in the United States. It is a reboot of the Scooby-Doo live-action films and the first film in the Hanna-Barbera Cinematic Universe.
On June 17, 2014, Warner Bros. announced that they would reboot the Scooby-Doo film series with Randall Green writing a new film. On August 17, 2015, Tony Cervone was hired to direct the animated film on the script by Matt Lieberman, while Charles Roven and Richard Suckle would produce the film along with Allison Abbate. Dan Povenmire (co-creator of Phineas and Ferb and Milo Murphy's Law) would be involved in a creative capacity and would executive produce the film. At 2016 CinemaCon, the film's official title was announced to be S.C.O.O.B., about Scooby-Doo and the Mystery Machine gang working for a larger organization. The film is intended to lead into a Hanna-Barbera Cinematic Universe. In September 2016, it was reported that Dax Shepard would be directing the film along with Cervone, while Shepard would also write the script along with Lieberman.
- Fleming, Jr, Mike (June 17, 2014). "Warner Bros Ready To Reboot 'Scooby-Doo'". Deadline. Retrieved August 18, 2015.
- "Warner Bros. Working on "Scooby-Doo" Live-Action Remake". The Movie Network. June 20, 2014. Retrieved August 18, 2015.
- Kit, Borys (August 17, 2015). "New 'Scooby-Doo' Movie in the Works from Warner Animation". hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved August 19, 2015.
- "Warner Bros CinemaCon 2016 Presentation -ComingSoon.net". ComingSoon.net. April 13, 2016. Retrieved April 13, 2016.
- Franich, Darren (April 12, 2016). "Scooby-Doo reboot could lead to a Hanna-Barbera Cinematic Universe". Entertainment Weekly's EW.com. Retrieved April 13, 2016.
- Kroll, Justin (September 9, 2016). "Dax Shepard to Co-Direct 'Scooby-Doo' Animated Film With Tony Cervone". Variety. Retrieved September 10, 2016.