|Launched||January 31, 2000|
|Owned by||Corus Entertainment|
La Télé Des Émotions|
(Television of Emotions)(2002 to 2007)
Channel 132 (SD)|
Channel 1860 (HD)
Channel 755 (SD)|
Channel 383 / 242 (HD)
|Available on many Canadian cable systems||Check local listings, channels may vary|
Channel 866 (SD)|
Channel 966 (HD)
|Bell Fibe TV||
Channel 122 (SD)|
Channel 1122 (HD)
|MTS||Channel 422 (SD)|
Channel 8059 (SD)|
Channel 2059 (HD)
|SaskTel||Channel 263 (SD)|
Channel 46 (SD)|
Channel 546 (HD)
|VMedia||Channel 117 (SD) (QC)|
|Zazeen||Channel 208 (HD)|
On May 21, 1999, Alliance Atlantis Communications (AAC) and Premier Choix Networks (a division of Astral Media) were granted approval by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) to launch a national French-language specialty television service called Canal Fiction, described as a "service devoted to drama."
The channel was launched on January 31, 2000 as Séries+ at 6pm EST.
On October 27, 2010, Shaw Communications completed its acquisition of Canwest and Goldman Sachs' interest in CW Media, giving it control of CW Media's 50% interest in Séries+.
On March 4, 2013, Corus Entertainment announced that it would acquire Astral Media's stakes in Séries+ and Historia, as well as several other properties, under separate transactions with the two companies. The purchase was tied to Bell Media's pending takeover of Astral Media; an earlier proposal had been rejected by the CRTC in October 2012 due to concerns surrounding its total market share following the merger, but was restructured under the condition that the companies divest certain media properties. In a separate deal, Corus also acquired Shaw's interests in Séries+ and Historia, giving it full ownership. The deals were approved by the CRTC on December 20, 2013 and Corus officially become the full owner of the channel on January 1, 2014.
- Decision CRTC 99-109
- LES CHAINES TELE ASTRAL AND ALLIANCE ATLANTIS PRESENT A NEW FRENCH LANGUAGE SPECIALTY CHANNEL Alliance Atlantis press release 2000-01-19
- Shaw Communications closes purchase of Canwest TV assets, rebrands as Shaw Media
- CRTC approves Shaw’s purchase of the Canwest Global television properties
- "Bell moves closer to Astral with sale of TV assets". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- Corus Entertainment (2013-03-04). "Corus Entertainment Expands Interests in French-language Specialty Television Market through Major Deals with Bell and Shaw Media". Retrieved 2013-03-31.
- "Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2013-738". CRTC. Retrieved 24 December 2013.
- "Press Release - Corus Entertainment Completes Purchase of Historia, Séries+ and TELETOON Canada Inc". Corusent.com. 2014-01-01. Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- La haute définition en français Infopresse 2006-10-30 (French)
- Official website (French)