March 15, 1938|
Boston, United States
University of California, Berkeley|
|Alma mater||Princeton University|
John Coleman Moore|
|Notable awards||Steele Prize (1979)|
He was a Putnam Fellow in Fall, 1958. He received his doctorate from Princeton University in 1963 and then became a Junior Fellow at Harvard University, where he taught for several years. In the 1970s he was appointed to the faculty at the University of California, Berkeley. He is currently retired.
In 2012 he became a fellow of the American Mathematical Society.
- Foundations of Projective Geometry, New York: W. A. Benjamin, 1967;
- Algebraic Geometry, New York: Springer-Verlag, 1977; corrected 6th printing, 1993. GTM 52, ISBN 0-387-90244-9
- Geometry: Euclid and Beyond, New York: Springer-Verlag, 2000; corrected 4th printing, 2005. ISBN 0-387-98650-2
- Deformation Theory, Springer-Verlag, GTM 257, 2010, ISBN 978-1-4419-1595-5
- Robin Hartshorne at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2013-01-19.