Rif Dimashq Governorate campaign
- Rif Dimashq clashes (November 2011–March 2012): Damascus centre under government control, protests largely suppressed in the city.
- Battle of Damascus (2012): Rebels first infiltration on Damascus from the surrounding countryside.
- Rif Dimashq offensive (August–October 2012): Syrian Army seizes more than half a dozen rebel-held towns north, west and south of Damascus, rebels retain control of the Ghouta area, east of Damascus.
- Rif Dimashq offensive (November 2012–February 2013): Free Syrian Army takes control of Darayya, Zamalka, Harasta and Arbin, offensive stalls in early January 2013, due to continuing air-strikes. Army launches a major offensive on rebel-held Darayya in mid-January.
- Siege of Darayya and Muadamiyat (November 2012–October 2016): Rebels surrender Darayya as well as Mudamiyat al-Sham to the government and leave both towns.
- Damascus offensive (2013) (6 February – 25 March 2013): Rebel operations around Dasmascus city ring.
- Rif Dimashq offensive (March–August 2013): Syrian Army captures the towns of Jdaidet al-Fadl, Jdeidit Artouz, Otaiba, Qaysa, Jarba, Harran Al-Awamid and Abadeh cutting the main rebel supply line into Damascus. Syrian Army surrounds the rebel-held Eastern Ghouta area, surrounds and partially advances into the rebel-held Qaboun, Barzeh and Jobar suburbs.
- Rif Dimashq offensive (September–November 2013): Syrian Army captures the towns of Shaba’a, Sheikh Omar, al-Thiabiya, Husseiniya, Bweida, Hatetat al-Turkman, Al-Sabinah.
- Battle of Al-Malihah: Syrian Army captures Al-Maliha after a four-month battle.
- Rif Dimashq offensive (August–November 2014): The Syrian Army captures Heteta al-Jersh and Adra and recaptures al-Dukhaniyya and Kabbasa.
- Battle of Yarmouk Camp (2015): The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS or ISIL) invades Yarmouk Camp, with aid from al-Nusra Front, and manages to capture 95% of the camp on 7 April, before Syrian rebel groups and the Syrian Army launch a counterattack on 12 April to drive ISIL and al-Nusra Front out of the area.
- Rif Dimashq offensive (September 2015): limited rebel gains.
- Al-Dumayr offensive (April 2016): Syrian Army repels ISIL's offensive.
- Battle of East Ghouta (April–May 2016): Rebel infighting.
- Rif Dimashq offensive (April–May 2016): Army territorial gains in rebel strongholds of Deir al-Asafir and Zabdin
- Rif Dimashq offensive (June–October 2016): Large Army gains in the northeastern section of Eastern Ghouta.
|1st Rif Dimashq||November 2011–March 2012||800 killed||1,000 killed|
|1st Damascus||15 July – 4 August 2012||97 killed||300 killed|
|2nd Rif Dimashq||August–October 2012||Unknown||1,500 killed|
|3rd Rif Dimashq||November 2012–February 2013||690 killed||1,040 killed|
|2nd Damascus||6 February – 25 March 2013||440 killed||735 killed|
|4th Rif Dimashq||March–August 2013||1,150 killed||2,125 killed|
|5th Rif Dimashq||September–November 2013||115 killed||1,000 killed|
|6th Rif Dimashq||August–November 2014||175 killed||678 killed|
|7th Rif Dimashq||11–27 September 2015||41 killed||170 killed|
|8th Rif Dimashq||25 April - 19 May 2016||Unknown||Unknown|
|9th Rif Dimashq||June 2016 – present||Unknown||Unknown|
|Total Casualties||November 2011 – Present*||At least 2,971 killed||7,513 killed|
- Raf Sanchez, Josie Ensor (26 August 2016). "Daraya surrenders to Assad regime after four years of siege and starvation". The Telegraph. Retrieved 26 Aug 2016.
- "Rebels to surrender Syrian town of Darayya to Assad's forces". The Guardian. 25 August 2016.
- Fadel, Leith (27 August 2016). "[Breaking] Syrian Army in full control of Darayya". al-Masdar News. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- "Another opposition-held Damascus suburb to be evacuated on Wednesday". The New Arab. 19 October 2016.
- "Syrian forces move rebels and civilians from besieged Damascus suburb". Middle East Eye. 19 October 2016.
- "Await for the start of a new displacement operation from the Western Ghouta to the Syrian north". Syrian Observatory For Human Rights. 19 October 2016.