Rich LeFevre (nickname "The Locust") is a competitive eater from Henderson, Nevada. Rich and his wife, Carlene LeFevre, are said to form the "First Family of Competitive Eating" in spite of having normal weights and ages around 60, and are both top ranked members of the International Federation of Competitive Eating. The childless couple has combined to take two of the top seven places in Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest in 2003, 2004, and 2005. He competed at Wing Bowl XIV in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in which he placed second behind Joey Chestnut, another IFOCE champion.
LeFevre was originally known as a superstar in the long game of competitive eating who didn't care for the short, eight- to 12-minute contests of the IFOCE. Since the earliest days of his career, LeFevre has excelled in longer, 30- to 45-minute events. However, the distance man has adapted recently, competing in the shorter contests and compiling an impressive list of victories. He has won several difficult contests and seems as comfortable with a short contest as most other eaters on the circuit.
He is known for his strong jaw and for his capacity, which seems to increase, not decrease, as a contest progresses. Previously considered an outsider in the competitive eating community, Lefevre embraced the formal eating circuit for the first time in 2002, participating in hot dogs, all-you-can-eat buffet and chili. Since then his prowess and reputation have grown.
- Chili: 1½ U.S. gallons Stagg Chili in 10 minutes
- Corn dogs: 12 Fletcher's Corny Dogs in 10 minutes at State Fair of Texas on September 28, 2003
- Pizza: 7½ extra large Bacci pizza slices in 15 minutes in Chicago on July 9, 2005
- Smoked pork: 7 pounds 1 ounce smoked pork in 10 minutes at Bluffs Run Casino on August 21, 2005
- Spam: 6 pounds of Spam from the can in 12 minutes on April 3, 2004
- Tex-Mex rolls: 30 rolls in 12 minutes at GameWorks at Great Lakes Crossing on March 12, 2005
- Jalapeños: 247 jalapeños in 8 minutes to set new world record on 10 August or 8 October 2006
- Completed 120 ounce steak challenge including 2 sides for 6 in 40 minutes on 10/17/08 at Brand Steakhouse in the Monte Carlo Hotel/Casino in Las Vegas