Benjamin Lazar Platt
|Directed by||Iginio Straffi|
|Creative director(s)||Simone Borselli|
|Country of origin||Italy|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||26 (list of episodes)|
Joanne Lee (Rainbow S.r.l.)|
Annita Romanelli (Rai)
|Running time||23 minutes|
Rai Gulp (Italy) |
Nickelodeon (United States)
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Audio format||5.1 surround sound|
|First shown in||Italy|
|Original release||May 21, 2016 – Present|
Regal Academy is an Italian animated series created by Iginio Straffi and produced by the studio Rainbow S.r.l.. It premiered on Rai YoYo on May 21, 2016. In the United States, it began airing on Nickelodeon on August 13, 2016. In Canada, it began airing on YTV on December 3, 2016. The English dub was produced by New York-based 3Beep and DuArt Film and Video.
The series follows Rose, a teenage girl from Earth who discovers a key which leads to FairyTale Land, where fairy tales come to life. She ends up at a prestigious school named Regal Academy. Rose finds out that she is the granddaughter to the headmaster Cinderella. Rose decides to enroll at Regal Academy and learn how to use magic while having adventures with her friends.
- Rose Cinderella (voiced by Jessica Paquet in the English version, Chiara Francese in the Italian version) is an ordinary girl from Earth who learns she is actually the granddaughter of Cinderella, and ends up enrolling at Regal Academy. Rose is optimistic, somewhat klutzy, and a lover of both fairy tales and shoes. She owns a wand which uses Pumpkin Magic to turn pumpkins into vehicles.
- Astoria Rapunzel (voiced by Erica Schroeder in the English version, Giulia Tarquini in the Italian version) is the granddaughter to Rapunzel, who much like her grandmother, has very long hair. She is a bookworm and a perfectionist. Astoria uses Tower Magic to grow ivies from flowers.
- Joy Le Frog (voiced by Alyson Rosenfeld in the English version, Emanuela Ionica in the Italian version) is the granddaughter to Lefrog. She loves insects, even though she forgets that everyone else around her doesn't. Joy likes to cheer on her friends and supports their ideas regardless on how good or bad they are. She uses Frog Magic to turn people (even herself) into frogs.
- Hawk Snowwhite (voiced by Billy Thompson in the English version, Alex Polidori in the Italian version) is the grandson of Snow White. He believes himself to be a perfect fairy tale hero and Prince Charming. His exaggerated heroism, however, gets him and his friends into unfortunate situations. Hawk uses Snow Magic to freeze people and things, covering them in ice.
- Travis Beast (voiced by Henry Benjamin| in the English version, Manuel Meli in the Italian version) is the grandson of the Beast. He is very artistic with a calm and laid-back attitude. When he gets angry, he becomes a real beast and has an immerse and uncontrollable strength. He uses Fury Magic which allows him to create powerful tornadoes and hurricanes.
- Vicky Broomstick (voiced by Laurie Hymes in the English version, Eleonora Reti in the Italian version) is a student who carries on evil plans and wishes to be the ultimate fairy tale villain. However, her plans are always thwarted by Rose and her friends, thus her goal is for Rose to be expelled from Regal Academy. Vicky's last name and her power to cast evil spells suggests that she is related to a witch.
- Ruby Stepsister (voiced by Brittney Hamilton in the English version, Joy Saltarello in the Italian version) is a student who is friends with Vicky and usually helps her out with her evil plans (by mostly doing the bulk of the work). She has a crush on Hawk which is another reason she helps Vicky. Ruby's power allows her to tidy up things. Her last name suggests that she is related to one of Cinderella's stepsisters.
- Cyrus Broomstick (voiced by Michael Henning in the English version, Emanuele Russa in the Italian version) is the cousin and friend to Vicky. He is lazy and likes to nap a lot, even during class. Because of his laziness, he is usually coerced into help with Vicky's schemes.
- Cinderella (voiced by Kathryn Cahill in the English version, Aurora Cancian in the Italian version) is the headmistress of Regal Academy. Having been able to hold her own against her stepmother and stepsisters, Cinderella is not afraid to speak her mind now that she's a grandmother. She likes to organize balls and dresses. Much like her granddaughter Rose, Cinderella loves shoes.
- Coach Beast (voiced by HD Quinn in the English version, Pierluigi Astore in the Italian version) is a brash gym teacher who will yell at students to run a thousand laps or do a thousand pushups. He will punish students if they break the rules of the school. Underneath his tough exterior, Coach Beast has a heart of gold and a secret love for roses. He teaches dragon riding.
- Professor Snowwhite (voiced by Lori Gardner in the English version, Emanuela Baroni in the Italian version) is a strict teacher at Regal Academy, finding herself at odds with Rose and her friends over their adventures. She loves apples and has lots of apple treats on her desk. Snow White teaches etiquette, team work, and how to use magical items and powers.
- Doctor Le Frog (voiced by Marc Thompson in the English version, Gianni Giuliano in the Italian version) is the potions professor at the school. With his constant serious look in his eyes, he appears to be funny and ridiculous. Doctor LeFrog is unfazed when something goes wrong and will continue to teach the class because he is absent-minded.
- Magister Rapunzel (voiced by Kayzie Rogers in the English version, Alessandra Cassioli in the Italian version) is the poetry and literature teacher. Because she has spent so much of her time in the tower, Magister Rapunzel excitedly wants to talk and show off her books. Unfortunately she loses control of the conversation and ends up talking to statues, paintings, and ever her own hair.
- Professor Wolfram is an anthropomorphic wolf who is always impeccably dressed and is well-mannered. He teaches chivalry and heroism, with his assignments turning into adventures for students. However, there is something dark going on during his assignments.
- Professor Beauty is the art professor at Regal Academy. She is very kind, often having a good word for everyone. Professor Beauty is able to see the positive even in bad, unfortunate situations. She also can talk about a piece for hours and hours.
- Professor IronFan
Other Students at Regal Academy
- Gerald Ugly Duckling Grandson of the Ugly Duckling, he is very unhappy with his look and hopes he will become like his grandfather someday.Gerald is meek, shy and polite. Unfortunately, he has a horrid self-esteem problem. He sees himself as ugly and wants to look better. Hopefully he'll discover his true beauty within.
- Finn Whale Finn Whale is the grandson of the original whale of Sinbad. Always slow and clumsy, he does nothing to hide his nature.
- Leena Tom Thumb Small in size but very brave, just like her grandpa Tom Thumb, she has no fear of runaway pumpkins or rampaging ogres... However, she is always "squished" flat because she can't get out of the way.
- Odette Swan She is Grandma Swan's granddaughter. Her grandma was once the Swan Princess and she inherited her title. Not only can she dance very well...dance is her reason of life.
- Pinocchia Pinocchia is the friendly, smiling living doll, granddaughter of Pinocchio. She is compulsive about telling the truth and distrusts anyone who lies.
- Violet Ogre Since she is the Ogre's granddaughter, she has inherited the same traits of her grandfather, just with a (very slight) female touch... starting from her girly name!
- LingLing IronFan LingLing has grown up training to be a perfect warrior and an outstanding student. That's why she is completely clueless about fashion, dance, romance and other typical high school group activities.
- "Regal Academy Makes US Debut on Nick August 13". Animation Magazine. June 23, 2016. Retrieved August 21, 2016.
- "Astoria and the Beanstalk". Regal Academy. Episode 4. Event occurs at Closing credits, Main Voices.
- "Regal Academy : The Pea Princess' Granddaughter". Zap2it. Retrieved September 20, 2016.