|Industry||diversified media and broadcasting|
|Headquarters||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
Pierre Karl Péladeau (Former Chairman and CEO, Majority shareholder) |
Brian Mulroney (Chairman)
Pierre Dion (CEO)
Erik Péladeau (Executive Vice President)
|Revenue||$9.822 billion CAN (1% FY 2007)|
|Profit||$94 million CAN|
Number of employees
Le SuperClub Vidéotron |
Quebecor Inc. is a communications company based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It has been spelled Quebecor in both English and French until May 2012 when shareholders voted to add the acute accent, Québecor, in French only.
It was founded by Pierre Péladeau, and remains run by his family. Quebecor Inc. owns 75% of Quebecor Media and also formerly owned the printing company Quebecor World.
Quebecor Media Inc. is a broadcasting, communications and publishing company which operates various subsidiaries:
- TVA Group (broadcasting, publishing & production)
- Vidéotron (cable television and internet service provider)
- Canoe Inc. (internet websites including Canoe.ca/Canoe.com portal and Archambault.ca)
- TVA Publishing Inc. (largest magazine publishing company in Quebec)
- Quebecor Media Book Group (book publishing companies)
- Distribution Select (distributor of CDs and videos)
- Le SuperClub Vidéotron (Movie rental stores)
- Nurun Inc. (interactive agency)
The company has also recently began a push towards sports; it acquired the naming rights and a management contract for the Videotron Centre, currently own the Quebec Remparts of the QMJHL, and have backed a proposed National Hockey League expansion franchise in Quebec City (which would bring the NHL back to the city for the first time since the Quebec Nordiques were relocated in 1995, and would play at the new arena), and launched a TVA-branded sports network in 2011. On July 20, 2015, Quebecor officially submitted its application for an NHL expansion team in Quebec City. The application has since passed two phases of league scrutiny, with a final decision expected in early 2016.
Former Prime Minister of Canada Brian Mulroney serves as chair of the board.
Current members of the board of directors of Quebecor Inc. are: Françoise Bertrand, Jean La Couture, Sylvie Lalande, Pierre Laurin, A. Michel Lavigne, Geneviève Marcon, Brian Mulroney, and Normand Provost.
- ↑ "Quebecor's Founder". Quebecor Inc. Retrieved 20 June 2014.
- ↑ "Les actionnaires de Québecor votent pour l'ajout d'un accent" (in French). The Canadian Press. 10 May 2012. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- 1 2 Van Praet, Nicolas (9 April 2012). "Quebecor to propose French version of name for Quebec". Montreal: Financial Post. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- ↑ Van Praet, Nicolas (2 February 2012). "Quebec puts accent on linguistic correctness". Montreal: Financial Post. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- ↑ Magder, Jason. "New TVA Sports channel takes a shot at RDS". The Montreal Gazette. Retrieved 27 July 2011.
- ↑ "Dreger Report: Expansion on the agenda at 'special' meeting". Bell Media. January 8, 2016. Retrieved January 9, 2016.
- ↑ "Brian Mulroney to be named chairman of media and telecom giant Quebecor". Globe and Mail. 29 May 2014. Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- ↑ Quebecor | Board of Directors Archived 21 May 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- Official website
- Assets as of 2010 (French)