|Also known as||Project Morpheus (code name)|
|Developer||Sony Interactive Entertainment|
|Type||Virtual reality headset|
|Release date||October 13, 2016|
|Display||5.7" OLED, 100° field of view.|
|Graphics||1080p RGB (960 × 1080 × RGB per eye; 90-120Hz refresh rate)"|
|Sound||3D audio through headphone jack, and available microphone input|
|Input||Positional tracking with 9 LED's via PlayStation Camera|
It was designed to be fully functional with the PlayStation 4 home video game console. In certain games and demos for the VR, the player wearing the headset acts separately from other players without the headset. The PlayStation VR system can output a picture to both the PlayStation VR headset and a television simultaneously, with the television either mirroring the picture displayed on the headset, or displaying a separate image for competitive or cooperative gameplay. PlayStation VR works with either the standard DualShock 4 controller or the PlayStation Move controllers.
The PlayStation VR has a 5.7 inch OLED panel, with a display resolution of 1080p. The headset also has a processor box which enables the Social Screen video output to the television, as well as process the 3D audio effect, and uses a 3.5mm headphone jack. The headset also has nine positional LEDs on its surface for the PlayStation Camera to track 360 degree head movement.
Sony's interest in head-mounted technology dates back to the 1990s. Its first commercial unit, the Glasstron, was released in 1997. One application of this technology was in the game MechWarrior 2, which permitted users of the Glasstron or Virtual I/O's iGlasses to adopt a visual perspective from inside the cockpit of the craft, using their own eyes as visual and seeing the battlefield through their craft's own cockpit.
In early 2014, Sony Computer Entertainment research and development engineer Anton Mikhailov said his team had been working on Project Morpheus for more than three years. According to Mikhailov, the PlayStation 3 Move peripheral, itself revealed in June 2009, was designed with unspecified, future head-mounted technology in mind. "We specced it and built it to be a VR controller, even though VR wasn’t a commodity. As engineers, we just said it was the right thing to do. At the time, we didn't have a consumer-grade project that we could work on, but it was definitely designed with that vision in mind." Shuhei Yoshida, the president of Sony's worldwide studios, also said the project started as "grassroots" activity among engineers and programmers, which came into focus in 2010 once the Move controller had been released. Sony also went on record to say it is mandatory for all games to have no less than 60 frames per second at all times.
Project Morpheus was first announced at The 2014 Game Developers Conference. Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida introduced the device on March 18, 2014 and stated Project Morpheus was "the next innovation from PlayStation that will [shape] the future of games."
On November 2, 2015, Sony confirmed that they were still aiming for a release in the first half of 2016. On March 15, 2016, at the Game Developers Conference, Sony confirmed that the release date would be in October 2016, with price tag of $399 in the US, €399 in Europe, £349 in the UK, and 44,980 yen in Japan.
The prototype revealed at GDC'15 included an OLED 1920 × 1080 pixel display (providing 960 × 1080 pixels resolution per eye) with an RGB subpixel matrix, and is capable of displaying content at 120fps. It features an FOV of 100°, 6DOF head-tracking, stereoscopic 3D, and unwarped output to a TV, either for others to view what the headset wearer sees, or a separate display to compete against the headset user using a standard PS4 controller.
In September 2015 it was revealed the headset would have three rendering modes for developer to choose from: native 90 Hz, native 120 Hz, and a mode where gameplay running at 60 Hz would be displayed at 120 Hz using a motion interpolation technique called asynchronous reprojection. The interpolation would be achieved with little system resources and a small latency of under 18 milliseconds. The technique would also be utilised in the native 120 Hz mode to ensure consistent framerate. According to a Sony representative the company expects the interpolated 120 Hz mode to be a popular choice for games.
PlayStation VR is capable of rendering two different images simultaneously: one display for the headset, and a completely different image for television. The purpose, Sony says, is to prevent VR from invariably being a solitary experience.
"Japan Studio has made a new demo called Monster Escape. So that's a five-player game; one versus four. One being the person wearing Morpheus [PlayStation VR]. And if you're in Morpheus, you become the Monster. And the four people holding the DualShock and looking at the TV and playing the game like a regular game [are] against the monster. ... And actually, third-party devs were ahead of us in terms of making the game called Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. ... One person is wearing Morpheus and that person looks at the bomb, like a time bomb. And in order to stabilize it, the other person [watching the television] who is not wearing Morpheus, has an instruction manual. And that person has to tell the person wearing Morpheus how to do the job. But that person doesn't see what the person wearing Morpheus sees. So they have to communicate. ... So that's a social experience."
All standard PlayStation 4 games can be played in a "cinematic mode" that simulates a five-meter screen within a virtual space, Sony has said. Users can also view 360-degree photographs and videos, that are captured by devices such as omnidirectional cameras, through the media player. Other features, such as Share Play and Live from PlayStation, are also compatible within the headset.
|Yes||= Exclusive only to this platform|
|Timed||= Exclusive for a certain period of time, but will become available on competing platforms later|
|No||= Available on multiple platforms|
|100ft Robot Golf||Sport||No Goblin||No Goblin||Timed||Oct 10, 2016||Oct 10, 2016||2016|
|Ace Banana||Oasis Games||Oasis Games||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016||TBA|
|Ace Combat 7||Combat flight simulator||Project Aces||Bandai Namco Ent.||Yes||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Albino Lullaby||Horror||Ape Law||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Allumette||Interactive Movie||Penrose Studios||Penrose Studios||No||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016|
|The Apollo 11 VR Experience||Simulation||David Whelan||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Arizona Sunshine||First-person shooter||Vertigo Games||Jaywalker Int.||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Atom Universe||Theme park||Atom Republic||No||TBA||TBA||TBA||PC|
|Adrift||First-person adventure||Three One Zero||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Ark: Survival Evolved||Action-adventure||Studio Wildcard||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|The Assembly||Interactive story||nDreams||nDreams||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Batman: Arkham VR||Action-adventure||Rocksteady Studios||Warner Bros. Int. Ent.||Timed||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016|
|Battlezone||Vehicular combat||Rebellion Developments||Rebellion Developments||Timed||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016||2016|
|Bebylon Battle Royale||Brawler||Kite & Lightning||No||2016||2016||2016|
|Bound||3D platform, art||Plastic||Sony Interactive Ent.||Yes||Aug 16, 2016||Aug 16, 2016||Aug 16, 2016|
|Carnival Games VR||Party games||2K Games||2K Games||Oct 28, 2016||Oct 28, 2016||TBA|
|Carpe Lucem – Seize the Light||Puzzle||Hammer Labs||Application Systems||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Chernobyl VR Project||Adventure||The Farm 51||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Classroom Aquatic||Sunken Places||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Crystal Rift||Dungeon crawler||Psytec Games||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Cult County||Renegade Kid||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Cyber Danganronpa VR: The Class Trial||Adventure||Spike Chunsoft||Spike Chunsoft||Yes||Unreleased||Unreleased||Oct 13, 2016|
|Dead or Alive Xtreme 3||Sports, Dating-sims||Tecmo Koei||No||TBA||TBA||Oct 13, 2016|
|Dead Secret||Horror||Robot Invader||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Dino Frontier||Management simulation||Uber Ent.||Uber Ent.||Yes||2017||2017||2017|
|Driveclub VR||Racing||Evolution Studios||Sony Interactive Ent.||Yes||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016|
|Dying: Reborn||Horror, puzzle||Oasis Games||Oasis Games||Jan 2017||Jan 2017||TBA|
|Eagle Flight||Ubisoft||Ubisoft||No||Nov 8, 2016||Nov 8, 2016||TBA||PC|
|Earthlight||Opaque Media||Opaque Media||No||2016||2016||2016|
|The Easel||Music||Harmonix Music Systems||Harmonix Music Systems||Yes||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Eclipse||First-person adventure||White Elk Studios||White Elk Studios||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Eve: Gunjack||Shooter||CCP Games||CCP Games||No||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016|
|Eve: Valkyrie||Space shooter||CCP Games||No||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016||PC|
|Farpoint||First-person shooter||Impulse Gear||Sony Interactive Ent.||Yes||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Fated: The Silent Oath||Action-adventure||Frima Studios||Frima Originals||No||Q4 2016||Q4 2016||TBA|
|Filthy Lucre||Action, stealth||Fabrik Games||Fabrik Games||No||2016||2016||TBA|
|Final Approach: Pilot Edition||Simulation||Phaser Lock Int.||Phaser Lock Int.||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Final Fantasy XIV||Action RPG||Square Enix||Square Enix||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Final Fantasy XV VR Experience||Action RPG||Square Enix||Square Enix||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Futuridium VR||Shoot 'em up||MixedBag Games||Yes||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|The Gallery: Six Elements||First-person adv||Cloudhead Games||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Gang Beasts||Party||Boneloaf Games||Double Fine Prod.||No||2016||2016||2016|
|Gary the Gull||Interactive movie||Limitless / Motional||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Get Even||First-person shooter||The Farm 51||Bandai Namco Ent.||No||2016||2016||2016|
|GNOG||Puzzle||KO-OP||KO-OP||Timed||Q1 2017||Q1 2017||Q1 2017|
|Godling||First-person adv||Solfar Studios||Yes||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Golem||Adventure||Highwire Games||Highwire Games||Yes||2017||2017||2017|
|Gran Turismo Sport||Sim racing||Polyphony Digital||Sony Interactive Ent.||Yes||2017||2017||2017|
|Gunship Battle 2 VR||Combat flight simulator||Joycity Corp.||Joycity Corp.||Yes||2016||2016||2016|
|Happy Manager||Simulation||D3 Publisher||TBA||2016||2016||2016|
|Harmonix Music VR||Music, rhythm||Harmonix Music Systems||Yes||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X HD||Rhythm||Sega||Sega||Yes||Oct 13, 2016||TBA||Oct 13, 2016|
|Hatsune Miku: VR Future Live||VR Live Concert||Sega||Sega||Yes||TBA||TBA||Oct 13, 2016|
|Headmaster||Football||Frame Interactive||Frame Interactive||Yes||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016||TBA|
|Hellgate VR||Action RPG||HanbitSoft||HanbitSoft||Yes||2017||2017||2017|
|Here They Lie||Horror||Tangentlemen||Sony Interactive Ent.||Yes||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016|
|Hustle Kings VR||Sports||EPOS Game Studios||Sony Interactive Ent.||Yes||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016||TBA|
|HoloBall||TreeFortress Games||TreeFortress Games||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Holodance||Music, rhythm||Narayana Games||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|How We Soar||Adventure||Penny Black Studios||Penny Black Studios||Yes||Q4 2016||Q4 2016||2016|
|The Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls Viewing Revolution||VR idollive||Bandai Namco Ent.||Bandai Namco Ent.||Yes||Unreleased||Unreleased||Oct 13, 2016|
|The Hum: Abductions||Horror, Sci-fi||Totwise Studios||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Hyper Void||Space-shooter||IN|Framez Technology||Yes||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|iO Moon||Adventure||Headtrip Games||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Job Simulator||Simulation||Owlchemy Labs||Owlchemy Labs||No||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016||2016|
|Joysound VR||Music||XING Inc.||Sony Interactive Ent.||Yes||TBA||TBA||Oct 13, 2016|
|Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes||Puzzle||Steel Crate Games||Steel Crate Games||No||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016||2016||S|
|Kittypocalypse||Tower-defense||Bolvërk Games||Bolvërk Games||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Korix||Real-time strategy||StellarVR||StellarVR||No||Q1 2017||Q1 2017||Q1 2017|
|Lethal VR||Shooting gallery||Three Fields Ent.||Team17||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Loading Human||Adventure||Untold Games||Maximum Games||No||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016||2016|
|The Mars 2030 Experience||Simulation||NASA / Fusion Media||NASA / Fusion Media||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Megaton Rainfall||Action-adventure||Alfonso del Cerro||Pentadimensional||Timed||2017||2017||2017|
|Mind: Path to Thalamus||Carlos Coronado||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Moto Racer 4||Racing||Artefacts Studio||Microids||No||TBA||Nov 3, 2016||2016|
|The Music Room||Music||Chroma Coda||Chroma Coda||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|The Modern Zombie Taxi Co.||Vitei Backroom||Sony Interactive Ent.||Yes||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Mortal Blitz VR||First-person shooter||Skonec Ent.||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Nighttime Terror 2||Shooter||VR Bits||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|O! My Genesis VR||XPEC Ent. / Bad Bird||Yes||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|The Occasional Encounter||UserJoy Technology||Yes||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Omega Agent||Action||Fireproof Games||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Paranormal Activity VR||Horror||VRwerx||No||2016||2016||2016|
|The Playroom VR||Mini games||SIE Japan Studio||Sony Interactive Ent.||Yes||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016||S|
|Pixel Gear||Shoot-em-up||Oasis Games||Oasis Games||Oct 20, 2016||Oct 20, 2016||TBA|
|Pixel Ripped 1989||Pixel Ripped Inc.||Pixel Ripped Inc.||2016||2016||2016|
|PlayStation VR Worlds||Mini games||SIE London Studio||Sony Interactive Ent.||Yes||Oct 10, 2016||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016|
|Pool Nation VR||Mini games||Perilous Orbit/Cherry Pop Games||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Proton Pulse||Brick-breaking||ZeroTransform Inc.||ZeroTransform Inc.||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin||Puzzle, platform||Double Fine Prod.||Double Fine Prod.||Yes||2016||2016||2016|
|Q.U.B.E. ²||Puzzle||Toxic Games||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Radial-G||Racing||Tammeka Games||Tammeka Games||No||2016||2016||2016|
|Resident Evil 7: Biohazard||Horror||Capcom||Capcom||Yes||Jan 24, 2017||Jan 24, 2017||Jan 26, 2017|
|Rez Infinite||Rail shooter, music||Monstars||Enhance Games||Yes||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016|
|RIGS: Mechanized Combat League||Shooter||Guerrilla Cambridge||Sony Interactive Ent.||Yes||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016|
|Rise of the Tomb Raider: Blood Ties||Action-adventure||Crystal Dynamics||Square Enix||No||Oct 11, 2016||Oct 11, 2016||Oct 11, 2016|
|Robinson: The Journey||Action-adv||Crytek||Crytek||Yes||Nov 8, 2016||Nov 9, 2016||TBA|
|Shadow of the Beast||Action-adv, platform||Heavy Spectrum Ent. Labs||Sony Interactive Ent.||Yes||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Snow||Sport||Poppermost Productions||Poppermost Productions||No||2016||2016||2016|
|SportsBar VR||Sport||Cherry Pop Games||Cherry Pop Games||Yes||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016||TBA|
|Star Trek: Bridge Crew||Red Storm Ent.||Ubisoft||No||Mar 2017||Mar 2017||TBA||PC|
|Star Wars Battlefront: X-Wing VR[a]||Action, shooter||EA DICE / Criterion Games||Electronic Arts||Yes||2016||2016||2016|
|Statik||Puzzle||Tarsier Studios||Sony Interactive Ent.||Yes||2017||2017||2017|
|Summer Lesson||Simulation||Bandai Namco Ent.||Bandai Namco Ent.||Yes||TBA||TBA||Oct 13, 2016|
|SuperHyperCube||Puzzle||Kokoromi||Kokoromi||Yes||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016||TBA|
|Super Stardust Ultra VR||Shooter||d3t Ltd||Sony Interactive Ent.||Yes||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016||TBA|
|Surgeon Simulator||Simulation||Bossa Studios||No||Dec 3, 2016||Dec 3, 2016||Dec 3, 2016|
|Synthesis Universe||Maze||Olivier JT||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Technolust Scanlines||Adventure||IRIS VR||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Tekken 7||Fighting||Bandai Namco Ent.||Bandai Namco Ent.||No||2017||2017||2017|
|Tethered||Sand-box, puzzle||Secret Sorcery||Secret Sorcery||Yes||Oct 28, 2016||Oct 28, 2016||Oct 28, 2016|
|The Brookhaven Experiment||Survival horror||Phosphor Games||Phosphor Games||No||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016|
|Thumper||Music, rhythm||Drool||Drool||No||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016|
|Thunderbird||Adventure, puzzle||Innervision Games||No||2016||2016||2016|
|Time Machine VR||Minority Media||Minority Media||No||2016||2016||2016|
|TrackMania Turbo||Racing||Nadeo||Ubisoft||No||Nov 8, 2016||Nov 8, 2016||TBA|
|Tumble VR||Puzzle||Supermassive Games||Sony Interactive Ent.||Yes||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 2016|
|Until Dawn: Rush of Blood||Survival horror||Supermassive Games||Sony Interactive Ent.||Yes||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016|
|Unearthing Mars||Winking Entertainment||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Untitled Beatshapers project||Sci-fi, RPG||Beatshapers||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Untitled North West Studio project||North West Studio||Sony Interactive Ent.||Yes||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Untitled Just Add Water project||Just Add Water||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Vanguard V||Action||Zero Transform||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Vector 36||Racing||Red River Studio||Red River Studio||No||2016||2016||2016|
|VEV: Viva Ex Vivo||Adventure, survival||Truant Pixel||Truant Pixel||Yes||2016||Aug 16, 2016||2016|
|Volume: Coda||Stealth, puzzle||Mike Bithell Games||Mike Bithell Games||Yes||2016||2016||2016|
|Waddle Home||Puzzle||Archiact Int.||Archiact Int.||Oct 11, 2016||Oct 11, 2016||TBA|
|Waltz of the Wizard||Aldin Dynamics||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|War Thunder||Action, MMO||Gaijin Entertainment||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Wayward Sky||Adventure, puzzle||Uber Entertainment||Uber Entertainment||Yes||Oct 10, 2016||Oct 10, 2016||TBA|
|Weeping Doll||Horror||Oasis Games||Oasis Games||Oct 13, 2016||Oct 13, 2016||TBA|
|Werewolves Within||Social||Red Storm Ent.||Ubisoft||No||Dec 6, 2016||Dec 6, 2016||TBA||PC|
|White Day: A Labyrinth Named School||Survival horror||ROI Games||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Windlands||Adventure||Psytec Games||Psytec Games||No||Oct 25, 2016||2016||2016|
|World of Diving||Simulation||Vertigo Games||Vertigo Games||No||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|World War Toons||First-person shooter||Studio Roqovan||Studio Roqovan||No||Oct 13, 2016||2016||2016|
|Xing: The Land Beyond||Adventure, puzzle||White Lotus Int.||White Lotus Int.||No||2016||2016||2016|
PlayStation VR was first demonstrated on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, and as a playable concept during E3 2014. The device was also featured at Sony's PlayStation Experience Expo in Las Vegas in December 2014. Sony announced new information regarding Project Morpheus at the 2015 Game Developers Conference, in line with the official schedule posted on their website and released updated specifications.
In an interview with Nikkei Japan in March 2016, Sony indicated the possibility of enabling use of the PlayStation VR in connection with a PC. This would allow the device to work with platforms extending further than the PlayStation 4.
^ a Free download. Requires Star Wars Battlefront for PS4.
- "PlayStation VR Launches October 2016". Sony. Retrieved March 15, 2016.
- "Sony announces Project Morpheus, a virtual reality headset coming to PlayStation 4". Polygon. Retrieved July 16, 2014.
- Pino, Nick (March 16, 2016). "PlayStation VR hands on review - Tech Radar". Retrieved March 17, 2016.
- Stein, Scott (December 6, 2015). "Sony PlayStation VR Release Date, Price and Specs - CNET". CNET. Retrieved March 17, 2016.
- Alessio Palumbo. Sony Dev Explains Why PS VR Screen Is Crisper Than The Others, wccftech.com, November 2015.
- Sarkar, Samit (March 16, 2016). "PlayStation VR"s processing unit doesn't add any power to the PS4". Polygon. Retrieved March 17, 2016.
- O'Kane, Sean (March 15, 2016). "Sony's PlayStation VR costs $399 and is coming on October". The Verge. Retrieved March 17, 2016.
- Adam Rosenberg. Sony's long-standing interest in virtual reality gives Project Morpheus an edge, digitaltrends.com, March 23, 2014.
- Tony Sperry. Beyond 3D TV, Lulu Pres, Inc., November 2003.
- Sony's Anton Mikhailov on Project Morpheus’ launch price and potential as a platform, Edge magazine, April 9, 2014.
- Jamie Feltham. Project Morpheus Started as ‘grassroots activity’ Following PS Move's Release, vrfocus.com, December 8, 2014.
- Grubb, Jeff. "Sony will reject PlayStation VR games that aren't at least 60 frames per second". Venture Beat. Retrieved March 18, 2016.
- "Watch the full reveal for Sony's virtual reality headset, Project Morpheus". Polygon. Mar 26, 2014.
- Aaron Souppouris. "Sony's Project Morpheus is now 'PlayStation VR'". Engadget. AOL.
- Eric Johnson. "Sony Acquires SoftKinetic, Which Can Track Hands for Virtual Reality". Re/code.
- "Sony: "It's a Bit Too Early to Sort out" PlayStation VR's Price and Release Date".
- PlayStation (March 15, 2016), Andrew House, President and the Global CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) Announcing the price and release date for PlayStation VR, retrieved March 16, 2016
- Lang, Ben (September 17, 2015). "Sony Confirms New 90Hz Display Mode for PlayStation VR (formerly Morpheus)". Road to VR. Roadtovr.com. Retrieved 18 May 2016.
- "How Sony's PS4 VR headset will bump 60 fps to 120 fps". PS4 Daily. PS4daily.com. March 7, 2015. Retrieved 18 May 2016.
- Crossley, Rob (March 16, 2016). "All PS4 Games Can be Played in PlayStation VR". gamespot.com.
- Paul James. Sony PlayStation VR Will Have 50 Games by End of Year, roadtovr.com, March 15, 2016.
- Tamoor Hussain. Every PS4 PlayStation VR Game Confirmed, gamespot.com, March 16, 2016.
- Sid Shuman. PlayStation VR: Launch Lineup and Beyond, playstation.com, October 5, 2016.
- David Whelan. Moon Arrival Demo Available Now, kickstarter.com, September 29, 2015.
- Jamie Feltham. New Details on PlayStation VR's Aquarion Evol Revealed, vrfocus.com, December 2, 2015.
- Jason Dunning. Star Trek: Bridge Crew, Werewolves Within Will Include Cross-Platform Play, PlayStation Lifestyle, November 28, 2016.
- Jamie Feltham. Adrift Confirmed for Project Morpheus, , vrfocus.com, May 13, 2015.
- "サイバーダンガンロンパVR 学級裁判".
- Palumbo, Alessio (August 19, 2015). "Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3 Coming To PS4 & Vita, Could Make It To The West With Enough Demand".
- John Gaudiosi. NASA Is Using Unreal Engine 4 To Make Mars A Virtual Reality, unrealengine.com, January 26, 2016.
- Jamie Feltham. O!My Genesis VR Announced for PlayStation VR, vrfocus.com, January 27, 2016.
- Sal Romano. Taiwanese studios announce PlayStation VR titles at Taipei Game Show 2016, vrfocus.com, January 27, 2016.
- Mark Walton. PlayStation VR launch lineup has five slick Sony-made games, arstechnica.com, March 16, 2016.
- Dan Da Rocha. Q.U.B.E. ² Coming to PS4, PlayStation Blog, August 14, 2014.
- Kevin Joyce. Synthesis Universe -Maze- Confirmed for Project Morpheus, vrfocus.com, May 28, 2015.
- Will Mason. Thunderbird's World of Wonder Will Satisfy Your Desire for Myst in VR, uploadvr.com, January 12, 2016.
- Jamie Feltham. The Telltale Project Coming to PlayStation VR, vrfocus.com, January 27, 2016.
- Alexa Ray Corriea. Beatshapers working on sci-fi RPG with plans for Project Morpheus, polygon.com, April 9, 2014.
- Jamie Feltham. Sony Forming 'ambitious' New VR Dev, North West Studio, vrfocus.com, May 18, 2015.
- "Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty! Dev Teases Project Morpheus Development". VR Focus. April 30, 2015. Retrieved May 24, 2015.
- Lang, Jamie Feltham (September 16, 2016). "An Exclusive First Look At Windlands Running (Brilliantly) On PS4". Upload VR. Upload VR. Retrieved 29 Sep 2016.
- Jamie Feltham. Sony: PlayStation VR Doesn’t Have To Do ‘a million units during launch’, vrfocus.com, November 3, 2015.
- Dan Pearson. "The beauty of PSVR is that we have the PS4 to power it", gamesindustry.biz, October 28, 2015.
- "Joshua Topolsky Demonstrates Sony's Project Morpheus". NBC.
- "VR with Project Morpheus". Sphinx Gamer.
- Feltham, Jamie. "SONY PROVIDING 'AN UPDATE' ON PROJECT MORPHEUS AT GDC 2015". VR Focus. Retrieved February 4, 2015.
- Orland, Kyle. "'Sony's new Project Morpheus prototype boasts 120Hz refresh rate, OLED display'". Ars Technica. Retrieved March 5, 2015.
- "'ソニー「プレステＶＲ」、399ドルで試すヒットの法則 display'". Nikkei. Retrieved March 27, 2016.
- Project Morpheus: The Story So Far by VR Focus