Paramount Channel (international)
2012 (Spain) |
2014 (Brazil, Sweden, Hungary, Romania, Russia, Latin America)
|Owned by||Viacom International Media Networks|
|Broadcast area||Europe, Latin America, Russia|
Amsterdam, Netherlands |
Paramount Channel is a television channel operated by Viacom International Media Networks which showcases the Paramount Pictures film catalogue. The first Paramount Channel was launched in Spain in March 2012, before launching in France on September 2013. The channel now operates in a number of territories across Europe, Latin America and Asia.
Each of the individual channels broadcasts with a local schedule, advertising, dubbing and subtitling unique to each territory.
- Each of Paramount Channels broadcast around 18 hours of films each day, starting at 06:00 each day.
- The first channel launched in March 2012 before the channel launched in France (September 2013), Hungary (February 2014), Russia (February 2014), Romania (January 2014), Sweden (December 2014), Poland (March 2015) and Italy (February 2016). The channel launched across Latin America in November 2014.
- The channel may launch in Ireland in the future as VIMN have registered the Irish domain.
- Barraclough, Leo. "Paramount Channel Reaches Out to Russia, Hungary". Variety. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "Paramount Channel". Variety. Retrieved 2015-04-03.
- Leo Barraclough (2014-02-18). "Paramount Channel Reaches Out to Russia, Hungary". Variety. Retrieved 2015-04-03.
- Anna Marie de la Fuente (2014-09-10). "Paramount to Launch Movie Channel in Latin America". Variety. Retrieved 2015-04-03.
- Paramount Channel Sweden
- Paramount Channel Spain
- Paramount Channel Romania
- Paramount Channel France
- Paramount Channel Russia
- Paramount Channel Hungary
- Paramount Channel Poland
- Paramount Channel Italy
- Paramount Channel Latin America
- Paramount Channel Brasil