No More (Baby I'ma Do Right)
|"No More (Baby I'ma Do Right)"|
|Single by 3LW|
|from the album 3LW|
|Released||October 3, 2000|
|Genre||R&B, hip hop soul|
Sean "Sep" Hall|
|Producer(s)||Sean "Sep" Hall|
|3LW singles chronology|
"No More (Baby I'ma Do Right)" is the debut single from 3LW's self-titled debut album 3LW. The single was released on October 3, 2000, but did not chart in most countries until early 2001. It reached number 23 on the Billboard Hot 100 and is considered 3LW's signature song. It is also 3LW's only single to reach the Top 30 on Billboard Hot 100 and was their biggest single to date. The song, however, peaked inside the top 10 in the UK, and the top 5 in New Zealand.
"No More (Baby I'ma Do Right)" is also 3LW's first music video. It was shot in September 2000 by director Chris Robinson. It received a fair amount of video play on TV channels such as BET and MTV and enjoyed some success on BET's Top Ten Video Countdown, 106 & Park and MTV's TRL. The video premiered in October 2000 and debuted on TRL on January 12, 2001 at number 10 and stayed on the countdown for 27 days and peaked at number 2. The rap verse by Kiely Williams is different in the music video.
In the beginning of the video, the girls are cruising around in a blue BMW X5 in the city and Naturi Naughton is driving. Kiely Williams tells Naughton to pull over near the subway because she sees her boyfriend walking down the subway stairs with another girl. Williams then gets out of the car and is walking towards them, but her boyfriend did not notice her as he and his new girl were walking down the subway stairs. Naughton and Adrienne Bailon soon follow after her because she is crushed that she saw her boyfriend with another girl. The girls are then seen singing and standing in front of a black picket fence where some city apartments are located. In the following scenes of the video, the girls are still riding in the car and they are going to Williams's apartment. She rushes into the apartment and gets a stuffed teddy bear that she got from her boyfriend and throws it into the sidewalk trash can and gets back into the car with the girls. Williams's boyfriend is then seen with his new girlfriend walking down the sidewalk. Williams then throws a red and white jacket that she got from her boyfriend out the car window while Bailon is driving. A guy is then seen spray-painting a picture of 3LW on the street, and then the girls transform to real life on the street and start doing a dance performance. Then scenes are shown of the girls with their boyfriends near a basketball court and how they were reminiscing on better days. Then it breaks into Williams's rap performance and the girls are all seen doing another dance performance, and this time with background dancers. Then Williams's boyfriend and his new girl are seen walking out of an arcade. Then the girls are near a street with friends and Williams sees her boyfriend and his new girl walking down the overhead road stairs and he sees Williams leaning against the car and tries to talk to her, but she pushes him away because he lied to her. The video then fades as the girls are standing in front of the black picket fence.
- "No More (Baby I'ma Do Right)" – 4:24
- "I Can't Take It (No More Remix)" – 4:26
- "No More (Baby I'ma Do Right)" [8 Jam Street Mix] – 5:08
- "No More (Baby I'ma Do Right)" [Instrumental] – 4:23
- "No More (Baby I'ma Do Right)" [A Cappella - Original Rap Version] – 3:56
- Album Version – 4:24
- Radio Edit – 3:54
- Radio Edit (Without Rap) – 3:24
- Original Rap Version – 4:24
- I Can't Take It/No More Remix – 4:25
- 8 Jam Street Mix – 5:08
- 8 Jam Step Mix - 5:30
- Instrumental – 4:22
- A Cappella (Original Rap) – 3:56
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||5|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||6|
|US Billboard Hot 100||23|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||22|
|US R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay (Billboard)||21|
|US Rhythmic (Billboard)||10|
|US Top 40 Tracks (Billboard)||15|
- "Australian-charts.com – 3LW – No More (Baby I'ma Do Right)". ARIA Top 50 Singles.
- "Charts.org.nz – 3LW – No More (Baby I'ma Do Right)". Top 40 Singles.
- "Archive Chart: 2001-06-02" UK Singles Chart.
- "3LW – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for 3LW. Retrieved May 10, 2015.
- "3LW – Chart history" Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs for 3LW. Retrieved May 10, 2015.
- "3LW – Chart history" Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay for 3LW. Retrieved May 10, 2015.
- "3LW – Chart history" Billboard Rhythmic Songs for 3LW. Retrieved May 10, 2015.