Nicktoons (UK and Ireland)
Current logo used from November 2014.
|Launched||22 July 2002|
(Viacom International Media Networks Europe/Sky plc)
|Picture format||576i (4:3/16:9 SDTV)|
|Audience share||0.12% (May 2016 , BARB)|
(22 July 2002 – October 2004)
|Virgin Media |
|Virgin Media Ireland||Channel 606|
|TalkTalk Plus TV||Channel 485|
|Now TV (UK)||TBA|
Nicktoons is a British/Irish digital television channel, launched on 22 July 2002. It is a cartoon based sister channel to Nickelodeon. The channel airs Nicktoons, as well as acquired programming from outside providers. Unlike the United States version, it has been ad-supported since launch.
Nicktoons was launched on 22 July 2002 as "Nicktoons TV". In October 2004, the channel was rebranded from Nicktoons TV to NickToons. The channel's first imaging campaign featured The Pixel characters as their first mascots, designed by Slomo Productions.
From February 2007 to 30 April 2010, there were 4 mascots; Rooftop, Beat, Colin, and Spoon, designed by Studio AKA.
The new 'worldwide rebrand' logo for Nicktoons was introduced on 30 April 2010 (along with the full lower-casing of the channel name), with a new imaging campaign introduced on 2 January 2012. On 3 November 2014, there were new idents introduced with eyes of the characters.
- Aaahh!!! Real Monsters (2002–11)
- Action League Now! (2002–06)
- The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius (2003–13)
- All Grown Up! (2003–10)
- The Angry Beavers (2002–10)
- Animal Crackers (2002–04)
- Arthur (2002–04)
- As Told by Ginger (2002–08)
- Back at the Barnyard (2008–12)
- Beyblade: Metal Fury (2013–15)
- Beyblade: Metal Fusion (2010–12)
- Beyblade: Metal Masters (2012–14)
- The Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot (2004)
- The Brothers Flub (2002–05)
- CatDog (2002–13)
- Catscratch (2006–08)
- ChalkZone (2003–08)
- Dan Dare: Pilot of the Future (2004–06)
- Danny Phantom (2004–13)
- Doug (2002–10)
- Drake & Josh (2010–13)
- Earthworm Jim (2002–09)
- Edgar & Ellen (2007–09)
- El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera (2007–11)
- Fanboy & Chum Chum (2010–16)
- The Gnoufs (2002–06)
- George of the Jungle (2007–10)
- Get Blake! (2015–16)
- Gormiti (2009–15)
- Growing Up Creepie (2007–10)
- Hey Arnold! (2002–16)
- Huntik: Secrets & Seekers (2013–14)
- Invader Zim (2002–16)
- KaBlam! (2002–05)
- Kappa Mikey (2009)
- Kenan & Kel (2011)
- King (2003–09)
- King Arthur's Disasters (2005–11)
- Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness (2012–16)
- The Legend of Korra (2015–16)
- Matt Hatter Chronicles (2011–15)
- Max Steel (2013–14)
- The Mighty B! (2009–12)
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (2011–14)
- Mix Master (2007–09)
- Mona the Vampire (2002–03)
- Monsters vs. Aliens (2013–15)
- Monsuno (2012–14)
- Mr. Bean: The Animated Series (2004–10)
- Mr. Meaty (2007–08)
- My Dad the Rock Star (2005–07)
- My Life as a Teenage Robot (2004–06)
- Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide (2010–13)
- Oh Yeah! Cartoons (2002–05)
- Pelswick (2002–05)
- The Penguins of Madagascar (2009–16)
- Pet Alien (2007–11)
- Planet Sheen (2011–16)
- Power Rangers Megaforce (2013–15)
- Power Rangers Samurai (2011–14)
- Renford Rejects (2011)
- The Ren & Stimpy Show (2002–16)
- Ricky Sprocket: Showbiz Boy (2008–10)
- Robot and Monster (2013–16)
- Rocket Power (2002–11)
- Rocko's Modern Life (2002–16)
- Rugrats (2002–10)
- Space Goofs (2005–08)
- Spliced (2010–13)
- The Spectacular Spider-Man (2008–10)
- Spider-Man: The New Animated Series (2002–05)
- Supah Ninjas (2011–13)
- The Super Hero Squad Show (2010–13)
- T.U.F.F. Puppy (2011–16)
- Tak and the Power of Juju (2007–09)
- The Three Friends and Jerry (2004–10)
- Transformers: Animated (2008–13)
- The Troop (2010–13)
- Viva Piñata (2007–09)
- Wayside (2007–08)
- The Wild Thornberrys (2002–08)
- Winx Club (2005–08)
- The X's (2006–08)
- Yakkity Yak (2003–06)
- Yu-Gi-Oh! (2002–12)
- Yu-Gi-Oh! GX (2006–12)
On 18 August 2008, a new spin-off channel to Nicktoons was launched under the title of Nicktoonsters. The channel was exclusive to Sky. The channel broadcast older programming which was dropped from the main Nicktoons scheduled prior to launch. It took up half the time of a channel space shared with Comedy Central Extra +1. The channel closed on 31 July 2009 and was replaced with a 1-hour timeshift of Nicktoons, Nicktoons Replay on 1 August 2009.
A +1 feed of Nicktoons known as Nicktoons Replay launched in place of Nicktoonsters on 1 August 2009. The channel was discontinued 2 October 2012, with Comedy Central Extra +1 again in full control of the channel slot's airtime.
In 2004, when Nicktoons TV extended their hours, the 19:00 – 22:00 slot was called 'Toonz2Nite' (extended further to 23:00 in November 2005). This had a separate, distinct presentation from the main channel, and the programmes shown were generally aimed at older viewers.
- Nicktoons (TV channel)
- Nickelodeon (UK and Ireland)
- Nick Jr. (UK and Ireland)
- Nick Jr. Too
- "NickToons – Re-brand". Slomo Productions. Retrieved 2013-06-26.
- "NICKTOONS REFACE, Cinema promo (ref: p14)" (PDF). Stash DVD Magazine. Retrieved 30 December 2007.
- "NICKELODEON UK REVEALS FUNNY AMBITION FOR NICKTOONS". Viacom UK & Ireland Press Centre (Press release). London: Viacom International Media Networks. 15 January 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "PREPARE FOR THE WILDEST ADVENTURES YOU'VE EVER SEEN IN NEW ANIMATION HARVEY BEAKS". Viacom UK & Ireland Press Centre (Press release). London: Viacom International Media Networks. 10 April 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "NICKELODEON'S HEROES IN A HALF SHELL RETURN TO BATTLE IN SEASON TWO OF THE TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES". Viacom UK & Ireland Press Centre (Press release). London: Viacom International Media Networks. 20 December 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "PREPARE TO LOAF OUT LOUD AS NICKELODEON DELIVERS NEW ANIMATION BREADWINNERS". Viacom UK & Ireland Press Centre (Press release). London: Viacom International Media Networks. 20 August 2014. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Nicktoons TV Schedule (17 October 2015)". TV Guide UK. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "GRAB YOUR BEST FRIEND AND HOLD ON TO YOUR BUTT AS SANJAY & CRAIG COMES TO NICKELODEON". Viacom UK & Ireland Press Centre (Press release). London: Viacom International Media Networks. 21 October 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- Licence Details for Nick Toonsters
- "Implementation – Nicktoons ReplayB". AGB Nielsen Media. 8 July 2009.
- "Digital marketing integral to SMEs". Irish Independent. 2012-09-13. Retrieved 2013-06-26.