|Genres||Indie rock, post-punk revival, alternative dance, alternative rock|
|Associated acts||Century City|
Tom Stubbs - Vocals
Nikolas Gray - Guitar/Vocals
Dan Battison - BassOwen Reed - Guitar/Vocals
New Cassettes is a five-piece band formed in 2005. The band's debut album 'The Art of...' was released in 2009, with second full-length album 'Winterhead', following in March 2012 through N13/MTV. They have gained critical acclaim from plays on Radio 1, BBC6 and XFM, and have been MySpace and Radio 1 featured artists. The band toured in support of The Strokes, played Glastonbury Festival, and have been featured on the "The Inbetweeners Soundtrack" along with a headlining tour in Japan.
The band released their debut single, "You Won't Stop" on Fantastic Plastic-with copies selling out within the first month and landing number at No.11 in the indie charts in England.
Their first single, "You Won't Stop" was issued on Fantastic Plastic, the follow-up, "Recover/Retreat" released on Maps' Last Space Recordings label. Third single 'Hearts Don't Beat Right', was released in 2008
Two songs ('Carnivals' and 'You Won't Stop'), were featured on the Channel 4 comedy The Inbetweeners. Their debut album 'The Art Of...' was released in 2009 in the UK on New Label, New Danger and in Japan under the Pony Up imprint.
New Cassettes finished the final mixing of their second album, Winterhead, with Grammy Award-winning songwriter and producer Adam Schlesinger of Fountains of Wayne and sound engineer Geoff Sanoff in October 2010. While in the states working on the album the band took a break from the studio to do a special ASCAP-hosted showcase for TV and movie executives at the Gibson Showroom in Los Angeles. The show was a success. MTV became big fans of the New Cassettes after their short stop in Los Angeles and ask them to join the new 'HYPE' venture between MTV and Extreme Music.
- Tom Stubbs - vocals
- Nikolas Gray - guitar & vocals
- Owen Reed - guitar & vocals
- Dan Battison - bass & vocals
- Tommy Francis - Drums
- Ed Hoare - Drums
- The Art Of... (June 2010)
- Winterhead (March 2012)
- Ep1 (April 2012)
- Ep2 (August 2012)
- "You Wont Stop" / "Yeah" (August 2007)
- "Recover/Retreat" / "I'm Always Right" (March 2008)
- "Hearts Don't Beat Right" (September 2008)
- "Silent Guns" (May 2011)
- "Bite Your Lip" (October 2012)
- BBC Northampton feature - "On Tour With... New Cassettes"
- Photographs of New Cassettes performing at Summer Sundae 2006
- Quirky Motion films featuring New Cassettes
- Northamptonshire Evening Telegraph interview with New Cassettes