Type of site
|news, features, analysis, and much more|
|Available in||English and Arabic|
|Owner||M Publishing SAL|
NOW News (sometimes abbreviated NOW) is a Beirut-based Lebanese news website focused on the Middle East founded in late 2012 and published in both English and Arabic by M Publishing SAL. It used to be known as NOW Lebanon.
The site offers reports, news, features, and analysis on Lebanon, the Lebanese diaspora and the Middle East. The website offers minute-by-minute news updates as well as a special section and live blog on the developing situation in Syria.
On 14 March 2005 an estimated 1 million Lebanese took to the streets concentrated in Martyrs' Square, Beirut primarily to protest Syrian military occupation of Lebanon and Syrian intelligence and political domination of Lebanon since 1976. The mass mobilization was triggered by widespread unrest following accusations of Syrian involvement in the 14 February 2005 assassination of Lebanese Prime Minister Rafic Hariri.
The New Opinion Workshop (NOW) was created to provide news reports and opinion pieces as well as a digest of relevant news and opinion from a variety of media outlets. It aims to enable Lebanese citizens and the Lebanese diaspora to stay informed on a wide range of issues.
NOW News is the redesigned website that was known as "NOW Lebanon". The change came in late 2012 as the site’s publisher decided to widen the scope of coverage to include the wider Middle East region.
Joumana Haddad, a Lebanese author and commentator.
Michael Weiss, former director of communications at the Henry Jackson Society.
Tony Badran, a research fellow at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies.
Michael Young, opinion-page editor of The Daily Star.
- M Publishing, Sal
- Alex Rowell (English)
- Rania Radwan (English)
- Saleh Hodeifi (Arabic)
News Desk Editors
- Albin Szakola (English)
- Rania Radwan (English)
- Ana Maria Luca, Myra Abdallah.
- Amin Nasr (English)
- "NOW News, Lebanon". LebWeb. Retrieved 7 June 2013.
- "Lebanese Newspapers". Online Newspapers. Retrieved 7 June 2013.
- "newspapers and magazines in Lebanon". Sahafa. Retrieved 7 June 2013.
- "NOW News". PreventionWeb. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- "NOW Lebanon". Beirut. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- "NOW welcome screen". Retrieved 7 June 2013.
- "Hussein Ibish on "American Task Force on Palestine"
- "Michael Weiss on "Henry Jackson Society"
- "Tony Badran on "Foundation for Defense of Democracies"
- "Michael Young/ Columnists Index". The Daily Star (Lebanon). Retrieved 7 June 2013.