Nörvenich Air Base
|Nörvenich Air Base|
Advanced Landing Ground Y-58
|IATA: none – ICAO: ETNN|
|Elevation AMSL||386 ft / 117 m|
|Coordinates||50°49′54″N 006°39′30″E / 50.83167°N 6.65833°E|
It was built for the RAF Germany in 1952 and opened in August 1954. The Jagdbombergeschwader 31 (Fighter-Bomber Wing 31; abbreviated as: JaBoG 31), was the first fighter-bomber wing with Republic F-84F Thunderstreak of the United States Air Force using by the German Air Force in 1958 at Nörvenich Air Base. In January 1959 became this squadron as the first German Air Force wing to be assigned to NATO. In 1961 it was the first wing with Lockheed F-104 Starfighters to the Luftwaffe. The first „Tornado" (Panavia PA 200) starts in July 1983 from the Air Base. Since June 2010 the squadron flies the Eurofighter Typhoon.
- FNörvenich Air Base
- Johnson, David C. (1988), U.S. Army Air Forces Continental Airfields (ETO), D-Day to V-E Day; Research Division, USAF Historical Research Center, Maxwell AFB, Alabama.
Media related to Nörvenich Air Base at Wikimedia Commons
- Airport information for EDXF at Great Circle Mapper.
- Airport information for EDXF at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.