|Theme music composer||
|Opening theme||"You Never Know" performed by Adam Hicks|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||44 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||It's a Laugh Productions|
|Original network||Disney XD|
|Original release||October 7, 2013 – September 9, 2015|
|Followed by||Lab Rats: Elite Force|
Mighty Med is an American Disney XD original series created by Jim Bernstein and Andy Schwartz and produced by It's a Laugh Productions for Disney XD. It stars Jake Short, Bradley Steven Perry, Paris Berelc, Devan Leos, and Augie Isaac. The series aired for two seasons, premiering on October 7, 2013, and running through September 9, 2015.
While at a comic book store called The Domain which is located in Philadelphia, two boys named Kaz and Oliver find themselves in a superhero hospital called Mighty Med upon finding its secret entrance at the local hospital. They become doctors and youth observers at Mighty Med under the supervision of Horace Diaz, despite the fact that they are normos, a term given to ordinary humans. Kaz and Oliver would often work on various injured superheroes while having some misadventures along the way that would involve encounters with various supervillains.
Cast and characters
- Bradley Steven Perry as Kaz
- Jake Short as Oliver
- Paris Berelc as Skylar Storm
- Devan Leos as Alan Diaz
- Augie Isaac as Gus
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||24||October 7, 2013||September 15, 2014|
|2||20||October 20, 2014||September 9, 2015|
The show premiered on October 7, 2013, aired on Disney Channel on October 12, 2013, and completed its first run on September 9, 2015.
On September 3, 2015, it was announced that Mighty Med would end after its second season and would be followed by a spinoff series called Lab Rats: Elite Force that will also include two characters from Lab Rats. Jake Short, Bradley Steven Perry, and Paris Berelc were the only cast members that were announced as returning for the spinoff series. It was subsequently announced that Lab Rats: Elite Force will premiere on Disney XD on March 2, 2016.
The series originally premiered on October 7, 2013, on Disney XD and on October 12, 2013, on Disney Channel. It premiered on Disney XD (Canada) on November 2, 2013, on February 17, 2014, on Disney XD (Malaysia), and on February 27, 2014, on Disney XD (UK & Ireland). It premiered on March 7, 2014, on Disney Channel (Southeast Asia), and also on Disney Channel (Southern Africa) on Disney XD. It premiered on April 11, 2014, on Disney XD (Australia).
- "Mighty Med: The Mother of All Villains". Zap2it. Archived from the original on September 8, 2015. Retrieved August 13, 2015.
- Andreeva, Nellie (September 3, 2015). "Lab Rats & Mighty Med Spin-off Series to Succeed the Two Comedies on Disney XD". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved September 3, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 22, 2014). "'Mighty Med' Renewed for Second Season by Disney XD". TV by the Numbers (Press release). Tribune Digital Ventures. Retrieved September 4, 2015.
- "Disney XD's New Spinoff Series "Lab Rats: Elite Force" Premieres Wednesday, March 2" (Press release). Disney XD. February 2, 2016. Retrieved February 2, 2016 – via The Futon Critic.
- "New series premiere on November 2 at 6:30pm et". youtube.com.
- Mighty Med - Disney Channel
- Disney XD HD UK New Adverts & Continuity 17 02 2014 - YouTube
- Mighty Med - Disney Channel
- Disney XD AUNZ [DisneyXD_AU] (March 6, 2014). "Disney XD Australia premiere date" (Tweet) – via Twitter.