|Education||Royal Liberty School|
|Notable works||Kipper the Dog|
|Notable awards||British Book Award, Children's Book Award, Play and Learn Award, etc.|
Inkpen was born in Romford, Essex, England in 1952, and educated at Royal Liberty School in Gidea Park. He is a friend of Nick Butterworth, who also grew up in Romford, and they collaborated on the 1990 "Wonderful Earth".
Mick has won numerous awards worldwide including The British Book Award for Lullabyhullabaloo and Penguin Small, The Children's Book Award for Threadbear, The Parents and Munch Bunch Play and Learn Award and The Right Start Petit Filous Best Toy Award for Where, Oh Where is Kipper's Bear?. He received the Children's Book Award for the 1991 work Threadbear. Kipper won a BAFTA for best animated children's film in 1998, and Kipper's A to Z won the silver medal in the 2001 Smarties Prize.
- What For 1975
- "Mick Inkpen Books, Ebooks and Recommendations. Buy Mick Inkpen Books at Lovereading4kids.co.uk". www.lovereading4kids.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-11-20.
- "Children's Books - Articles - Authorgraph No.107: Mick Inkpen | BfK No. 107". booksforkeeps.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-11-20.
- "Children's Book Review: Wonderful Earth by Nick Butterworth, Author, Mick Inkpen, Author, Mick Inkpen, Joint Author Thomas Nelson Publishers $14.99 (28p) ISBN 978-0-8499-5832-8". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 2016-11-20.
- "About Mick Inkpen". Hodder Children's books. Retrieved 20 March 2010.
- "Awards Database". British Academy of film and Television Arts. Retrieved 20 March 2010.
- Contemporary Authors: A Bio-Bibliographical Guide to Current Writers. Thomson Gale, 2005. ISBN 1-4144-0540-5