|Birth name||Maxwell George Schneider|
June 21, 1992|
Manhattan, New York, United States
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, actor, dancer, model|
Maxwell George "Max" Schneider (born June 21, 1992), known professionally in music as MAX, is an American actor, model, dancer, songwriter, and singer. In 2015, he signed to DCD2. He is married to Emily Cannon.
Schneider was raised in Woodstock, New York. He began performing at age three and got his first agent at the age of 14. He was raised in his father's Jewish religion. On November 4, 2016, he announced on Instagram that he had married Emily Cannon in April.
Schneider was a swing understudy in the Broadway musical 13 covering 4 roles in 2008 and 2009, and modeled with Madonna for an international Dolce And Gabbana campaign. He was the 2010 YoungArts Theater Winner.
In 2012, Schneider co-wrote the song "Show You How To Do" with Ben Charles for the Disney hit show Shake It Up. He portrayed Zander in the Nickelodeon TV series How to Rock. He also sold a song to the show called "Last 1 Standing", co-written by Matt Wong and Claire Demorest, which is featured in 2 episodes of the series. Schneider also starred in the Nickelodeon original film Rags as Charlie Prince, the lead role in the film. In late 2012, Schneider placed another song with Cody Simpson for his album Paradise entitled "Standing in China". He released his debut extended play titled First Encounters in 2010. In 2012 he toured with Victoria Justice on the Make It In America Tour.
In 2015, Schneider released an album titled NWL, which was originally planned to be an EP titled The Nothing Without Love EP; the album was funded by donations through Kickstarter. The first single off of the album, titled 'Nothing Without Love', was released on May 21, 2015, along with a music video for the song. "Mug Shot" is his first single to be released under the name MAX. He has since gone by MAX musically because he "[wants the name] to be more of a vehicle for the music". In October 2014, Schneider was featured in two tracks from Hoodie Allen's debut album, People Keep Talking.
On February 19, 2015, it was announced that Schneider signed with and will be releasing new music under DCD2 Records. In April 2015, it was announced that Schneider is lead singer of a new soul group called Witchita, formed with Tim Armstrong. The band's first single, 'Mrs Magoo' was released via Hellcat Records on April 21, 2015.
Awards and Nominations
|2016||Best Song To Lip Sync To||"Gibberish"
MAX ft. Hoodie Allen
|2013||The Last Keepers||Lance|
|2015||Love and Mercy||Van Dyke Parks|
|2009||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Justin McTeague||"Lead" (season 10: episode 15)|
|2010||One Life to Live||Main Dancer||2 episodes|
|2011||Worldwide Day of Play||Himself||TV special|
|TeenNick HALO Awards||Himself||Award show|
|2012||How to Rock||Zander Robbins||Main cast (25 episodes)|
|Rags||Charlie Prince||TV movie; Lead role|
|Figure It Out||Himself||Game show; Panelist (7 episodes)|
|Beauty & the Beast||Jake Riley (Teen Pop Star)||"Trapped" (season 1: episode 8)|
- Schneider, Max. ""The Supahkewl Song" (#SingYourTweets) – Max Schneider". YouTube.com/channel/UCdqol288ipgoYg_ddkxmbpA. MaxSchneiderExtra. Retrieved February 4, 2015.
- Schneider, Max. "MAX on Twitter: "@meganmusic99 wanted my music to be separated from my full name. It's still me & my name but wanted it to be more of a vehicle for the music "". Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- "Max Schneider View Bio". maxschneider.com. Retrieved February 15, 2012.
- "How to Rock Cast at the 2011 Halo Awards". YouTube. December 7, 2011. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- "MAX on Twitter: "How was everyone's Christmas? Of if you're Jewish (I'm half) how was the Chinese food?"". Twitter.com. Retrieved October 20, 2014.
- "MAX - Lights Down Low (Wedding Video)". 4 November 2016. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "Meet the 17-Year-Old Boy Who Escorted Madonna's Cleavage Around Harlem for Dolce & Gabbana". nymag.com. NY MAG. Retrieved April 2, 2015.
- "Bio". MaxSchneider.com. Retrieved 21 June 2015.
- "Victoria Justice Announces 'Make It In America' Solo Tour". J-14.com. J-14. 18 June 2012. Archived from the original on August 17, 2015. Retrieved 17 August 2015.
- Schneider, Max. "Max Schneider - It's Possible (Kickstarter Song)". YouTube.com/MaxSchneider1. Max Schneider. Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- iPlus. "Max Schneider – Nothing Without Love – Single (2013) [iTunes Plus AAC M4A]". iPlusBuzz.com. iPlus Buzz. Retrieved 31 May 2015.
- Schneider, Max. "MAX on Twitter: "@meganmusic99 wanted my name to be..."". twitter.com/MaxGSchneider. Max Schneider. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
wanted it to be more of a vehicle for the music
- Laurence, Emily. "Hoodie Allen brings the party with 'People Keep Talking'". Metro US. Retrieved October 11, 2014.
- "2015 Artist to Watch: MAX / Raury / Jacob Whitesides". HighlineBallroom.com. Highline Ballroom. Archived from the original on June 20, 2015. Retrieved 20 June 2015.