|Birth name||Juan Luis Londoño Arias|
January 28, 1994|
Juan Luis Londoño Arias, (born January 28, 1994), better known by his stage name Maluma, is a Colombian singer and songwriter, signed to Sony Music Colombia.
2010–12: Musical debut
Maluma began his musical career in 2010, recording singles. After "Farandulera" became a local radio hit, Sony Music and its subsidiary label Sony Music Colombia, decided to sign the singer to record his first studio album. The label then launched the next single, "Loco," which was inspired by "rampant and uncontrolled love."
In 2012, Maluma signed an exclusive contract with Sony Music Colombia. That same year, he released his first studio album, entitled "Magia." The video for the single, "Obsesión," was filmed at the Antioquia Department Railway Station and featured Colombian model Lina Posada, who had previously appeared in the music video for the song "Taboo" (2011) by Don Omar. So far the video has more than 42 million views on YouTube. Other singles released from the album include "Miss Independent" and "Pasarla Bien," which reached the Top 3 of Colombia's chart National Report and became the first Top 5 performer on that list. Maluma was also nominated for a 2012 SHOCK Award as "Best New Artist."
2013: Musical consolidation
In 2013, the artist pitched the final two singles from his debut album; "Primer Amor" and "Miss Independent", which had a promotional music video, recorded in Medellín and has more than 15 million views on YouTube. Alternate visited this Peru, where he participated in the TV show Combate. In Colombia, the subject took second place in the list of successes National Report the number one issue was Como Le Gusta a Tu Cuerpo in Carlos Vives duet with Brazilian Michel Teló. The first single from the upcoming album artist is named "La Temperature", a duet with Puerto Rican singer Eli Palacios, which achieved the seventh position National Report.
The issue also became his first single to enter the US charts for the Latino audience of Billboard; theme debuted at thirty-eight position in the list Tropical Songs, and the thirty-six of 'position' Latin Pop Airplay, besides achieving fourth place in the "Latin Rhythm Airplay".
That same year the artist is nominated for several awards, including the Shock 2013 Awards in the category "Best Song Radio" with the theme "temperature", which eventually won, Shock 2013 as well as nominations in the 2013 MTV Europe Music Awards in the category Best Latin America Central Act and the Latin Grammy Awards of 2013 as Best New Artist, where the winner was the Guatemalan Gaby Moreno.
2014–present: The Voice Kids and new album
In 2014, he launched his music videos "La Curiosidad", "Addicted" and "Carnaval" and collaborated with international artists like Elvis Crespo, on the theme "Olé Brazil ', which he reached the top of the Tropical Songs list, which lasted a week in that position and ranked forty in Latin Airplay . Also collaborated on the theme "I lived" of Jorge Villamizar, which won the forty position Latin Airplay. At his young age, is already considered one of the greatest exponents of music reggaeton in Latin America. The artist under the label that oversees launch his second album Pretty Boy, Dirty Boy , with the manager of Carlos Vives, Walter Kolm. In this new album, the artist explores rhythms like Merengue and Electronic.
On July 16, 2014, the singer appears in the show of the 2014 Premios Juventud., Where he first played at the ceremony "La Temperatura". That same month the singer is confirmed as a judge and coach of the musical program Caracol Television The Voice Kids, there will be next to Fanny Lu and Andrés Cepeda. In August debut as a host at the inaugural awards Nickelodeon Latin America, Kids' Choice Awards Colombia 2014.
|2014||La voz Kids Colombia||Himself||Trainer and judge|
|Kids' Choice Awards Colombia 2014||Himself||Main Presenter|
|2016||Nuestra Belleza Latina||Himself||Music guest|
|Susana Giménez||Himself||Interviewee; music guest|
Awards and nominations
|2012||Premios Shock||Best New Artist||Himself||Nominated|
|2013||Best Song Radio||"La temperatura"||Won|
|MTV Europe Music Awards||Best Latin Artist Central||Himself||Nominated|
|Grammy Latino Awards||Best New Artist||Himself||Nominated|
|2014||Premios Nuestra Tierra||Urban Interpretation of the year||"La temperatura"||Won|
|MTV Millennial Awards||Colombian artist of the year||Himself||Won|
|Latin Star on Instagram||Himself||Nominated|
|Millennial + Hot||Himself||Nominated|
|Premios Tu Mundo||Song starts holiday||"La temperatura"||Nominated|
|Latin American Music Awards||Best New Artist (Urban)||Himself||Nominated|
- "Biografía de Maluma" (in Spanish). Buena Música. Retrieved August 14, 2014.
- "Maluma supera las siete mil descargas y es nominado en los premios Shock". Oxígeno (in Spanish). Grupo PRISA. September 7, 2011. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- María Mónica (May 5, 2014). "Maluma presenta el video de su canción 'La Curiosidad'" (in Spanish). Entretengo. Retrieved August 14, 2014.
- "Maluma presenta videoclip de su tema "Addicted"" (in Spanish). Tuteve. Retrieved August 14, 2014.
- "Maluma será uno de los entrenadores de 'La Voz Kids'". Farándula Caracol (in Spanish). Caracol Televisión. July 28, 2014. Retrieved August 14, 2014.
- "Maluma presentará los Kids' Choice Awards". El Heraldo (in Spanish). August 9, 2014. Retrieved August 14, 2014.
- "Estos fueron los ganadores de los premios Shock Tigo 2013". Extroversia (in Spanish). Retrieved August 14, 2014.
- "Maluma nominado a los MTV EMA". Colombia.com (in Spanish). September 13, 2013. Retrieved August 14, 2014.
- Rosales, Lorraine. "Latin Grammy – Maluma nominated for first time". Voz Latina. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- "Cinco colombianos ganaron en los Latin Grammy 2013". Vanguardia.com (in Spanish). November 23, 2011. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- "[PNT 2014] Ganadores de los Premios Nuestra Tierra 2014". Emisora Fantástica (in Spanish). RCN Radio. May 29, 2014. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- "Mtv Millenial Awards 2014: Maluma fue elegido como artista colombiano del año". Revista Shock (in Spanish). Válorem. August 13, 2014. Retrieved August 14, 2014.
- Rodríguez, Ale (August 12, 2014). "Lista completa de ganadores de los MTV Millenial Awards 2014". Starmedia (in Spanish). Notimex. Retrieved August 14, 2014.
- "PREMIOS TU MUNDO 2014: LISTA COMPLETA DE LOS FINALISTAS (FOTOS)". msnlatino.telemundo.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 15, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Maluma.|